Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
no. you probably deserved that, natural remedies my arse.

nah, I just do community services and stuff, a bit of teaching english and IT skills and the like. I've helped people fill in immigration papers and stuff before, I'm no expert but I helped out an aussie who got done for drunk and disorderly and damaging private propery and was charged for it, and he was ok after he wrote a letter of regret. (he was incidently a brilliant bloke, this is not a veiled attack on aussies ;) )

I actually came back to this thread to post this though

ICC news: Mohammad Amir must focus on rehabilitation - Haroon Lorgat | Pakistan Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

"Let that [the reduction of the ban] be the end result of a process of rehabilitation since he has now come clean, if that is indeed the case. Part of the sanction he received from the ICC tribunal was to educate himself and for him to educate others. So let us do all the necessary building blocks before we get to a point where anyone could ask, 'Does he now deserve a review?'"

"I find it very unfortunate for Mohammad Amir. We did provide him with lots of opportunities," Lorgat said, when asked if he was disappointed Amir did not confess in Doha. "The tribunal might have looked at it differently and who knows what decision they could have come to on sanction. It could have been a different story. I am sad for him."

pretty dead on, imo. basically needs to shut up about being a changed man, he had a go to confess, blew it and so now he's got to live with those consequences as well. if in 2 years times he's become a veritable bastion of enlightment and reform then maybe the ban could be cut, but coming out of prison and doing an interview isn't enough.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
from uk border agency page

I deal with immigrants at my job every day dude. I think I know how it works (it's also extremely unlikely that touring athletes of any sport are in on permanent visas, though in honesty I do not know what visas they would use as obvs I don't deal with high paying sports stars. most likely one from the highly skill migrant or temporary agreed work placement type one)

Fair enough, the brief bit of googling I'd done implied otherwise, maybe out of date, or something. I don't really see how it should work like that, but meh, I suppose we'll see what happens if he ever tours here again!

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Shane Warne wasn't involved in match fixing. He gave info about conditions to bookies but he's never been accused of anything beyond that.

Everything was done hush hush by CA. Mark Waugh was another culprit.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I don't think he actually did anything terribley wrong other than act like he normally did throughout his life and think he could just get away with anything.

it did kinda annoy me though that warne got caught messing about with bookmakers and drugs and yet pretty much everyone is an apologist for him and yet someone like, oooh lets say murali, was hounded for fabricated wrong doings. not on this site obvs, just generally.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Of giving bookies info...
No evidence has ever been brought forward that either were match fixing.

Or evidence that certain people post based on facts ;)

I'm not necessarily refering to anyone on this page though. Definitely not.

That is very true Stinky, it's fair to say though, that as much as a lot of the world has begun to move past racially aggravated opinions, there are still people unwittingly motivated by their inherent upbringings.

I still think Warne's worst ever moment is Liz Hurley...

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I actually don't think it's racism, well I do slightly in some cases. but it's the same with tendulkar, he ball tampered. he actually did it! it wasn't that shocking, I'm not suggesting he's a full on cheat, he did a little thing to give him an edge, the chewing mints thing someone did was similar. but you get shot for bringing it up.

it's because all these countries are armed with holier than thou journalists.

but I'll stop there because I think I'm becoming the guy that's always on about racism.

Last edited:

teamindia

Club Cricketer
^^ Sachin was said to have known about some team members fixing and he won some of those matches single-handed. I do not believe he would have tampered wantedly. The incident blew out of proportion since many Indian players were suspended that game. None of the SA who commited similar acts were punished.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
So you're saying Sachin was an accessory to the crime? Interesting...

This was a time when Azhar mafia ran Indian cricket. Azhar, Jadeja, Prabhakar.... Tendu's career would have ended if he picked a fight with them, especially without proof.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
see what I mean. warne - "he did drugs by accident!!! he just casually told a bookie about conditions, any man would have done the same."

tendulkar - "he never ball tampered, he's too nice."

murali (and even malinga sometimes)- "cheats!" i.e. (they take our bloody wickets, we should be beating this silly nation)

if murali had done what warne had done he'd have been hounded out the game.

Users who are viewing this thread