Football Transfers Thread

IMO Song would do well at Utd. Doesn't really fit in at Arsenal, as he's neither a true DM or a fully creative player. Would do good at Utd as he sounds like the kind of player that would do fine in the midfield.

Javi Martinez is another one, so is M'Vila. Both are decent going forward and are good at beating people up in midfield like Song.

Far from awful. I'd take him over a lot of the Utd midfielders. He seems worse than he is in the Arsenal setup as we need a disciplined DM and he isn't one at all. At Utd he'd be better.

Not some amazing player though as the Arsenal fans seem to make out.

Rumours are abound that Barca have expressed interest in Berbatov. Is it likely he will be heading to Camp Nou where he is not guaranteed to a start- the reason he's leaving United- rather than Liverpool or Lazio where he is much more likely to be in the playing XI more often than not?

You mean a United player would move to Liverpool?:rolleyes

----------

Drogba's linked with Barcelona. He wouldn't get too much opportunities at Camp Nou, especially when even a player like Villa is not able to play an indispensable role at Barca.

And can anybody say how would Toure's departure affect City, for he seems to be heading in that direction?

IMO Song would do well at Utd. Doesn't really fit in at Arsenal, as he's neither a true DM or a fully creative player. Would do good at Utd as he sounds like the kind of player that would do fine in the midfield.

Javi Martinez is another one, so is M'Vila. Both are decent going forward and are good at beating people up in midfield like Song.

That cost us dearly - not having anyone to 'beat people up' in midfield - like City had with Toure.

----------

You mean a United player would move to Liverpool?:rolleyes

----------

Drogba's linked with Barcelona. He wouldn't get too much opportunities at Camp Nou, especially when even a player like Villa is not able to play an indispensable role at Barca.

And can anybody say how would Toure's departure affect City, for he seems to be heading in that direction?

Toure's leaving City? Wow, I hope so. :D Maybe we should put in a cheeky bid for him, just to piss them off? :D If I were City, I'd move heaven and earth to keep Toure there; without Toure, they wouldn't have won the title - no way. Seriously though, Toure is just the sort of player we need - so if he becomes available, we must bid for him, even if we don't get him.

Last edited:
united should look to sign some big names this season and importantly it should be mid fielder may be sniejder :D

Sneijder's an overrated crock who is past his best. Either that or he's not been pulling his finger out for Inter since Jose left.

Last edited:
whatever might be we need to sign some big names this season. with this squad surely i will tell that we are not gonna beat powerfull city .

Sneijder's an overrated crock who is past his best. Either that or he's not been pulling his finger out for Inter since Jose left.

Totally agree. I dont think Sneijder's moving anywhere out of Milan, atleast this year. They're gonna need him if they want to get back on their feet.

whatever might be we need to sign some big names this season. with this squad surely i will tell that we are not gonna beat powerfull city .

A signing like Modric, perhaps? That's the most likely signing for us this season.

united should look to sign some big names this season and importantly it should be mid fielder may be sniejder :D

One marquee signing, backed up by a solid midfield ball winner. Not Sneijder, I think he's past it. Modric would be good. :)

1963 iirc was the last time when a transfer between Pool and United materialized. You know what, I'd love Berba at Anfield tbh. :|

Heinze nearly moved to Liverpool I think.

United need Martinez and Modric. But if Fletcher returns in October or November, the need for Martinez may not be there.

Users who are viewing this thread