Your Cricket Your best moment at the pitch.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So you getting caught out is your best moment at the pitch? ;)

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Not bowling at all for a couple of years, then coming on and opening the bowling to finish with a nice 6-23 from 8 overs. It was against a good team too, and we bowled them out for 59:lol.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not bowling at all for a couple of years, then coming on and opening the bowling to finish with a nice 6-23 from 8 overs.
You just did a Mohammad Sami there. He missed out 111 ODIs on a trot for Pakistan and today has returned with a bang.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
And how that go for him?

There weren't anymore -5s but there weren't any runs above 0 either! I was going fine until that last over too, no outs and stuck at the non striker for quite a bit.

Outside of that moment I did have a good one a year ago, I was last parternship needing 50 odd to win (indoor again) and our team hadn't won a game. Before that my partnerships had only got 20-30 and my partner was no star. So obviously the team gave us no hope of chasing it down but 3 and a bit overs later we were in front and just needed to stop the outs. I tried blocking one which went straight through me but luckily over the stumps and we ending up holding on for the win.

dajesmac

Club Captain
U/19s cricket final here in Abu Dhabi, both schools showed up and so there was about 1000 people in the stands at Sheikh Zayed Stadium. We were playing the Pakistani school and they had just beaten the some other school by a record of 250 runs or something (in a 25 over match), making 309 with one kid smashing 151 off 60 balls. Amazing stuff.

So we played them in the final, and we were a bit ---- scared because we knew what they were capable of. Anyway, I opened the bowling, removed the '151' kid pretty early and we got a roll on, and they were 73-5 from about 12 overs, when I came on for my second spell.

I'm an opening bowler but when the ball gets a little older I like to have the keeper up to the stumps, our keeper is the current UAE U/19 keeper so he could handle it no worries. First ball was a yorker outside off that he missed, and our keeper made a miraculous stumping while his back foot was in the air. Second ball, sprayed it down leg side, the idiot batsman lifts his back leg and gets stumped before he's realised what's happened - off a wide, got a way with one, phew.

I was on a hattrick and pretty pumped, but I had no real intention of going for the hattrick, because I've been on a hatrick so many times that I figured I'd never get one. The crowd was screaming 'hattrick' as I was running in, but even then I was thinking 'just get it full and straight' - which was my line of thinking for every ball. As it turned out, a perfect yorker, the stumps splayed everywhere - and I went nuts. Well, we all went nuts, my first hattrick and suddenly we had our metaphorical foot planted on their throats.

The crowd was chanting my name at this point and I was just trying to settle the hell down and focus on the next ball. Anyway - believe it or not - the very next ball, the exact same thing, four in four. I don't know how many people have experienced a real good run on with the ball before but basically the adrenaline rush you get is just about too much to handle. We were celebrating like we'd just won the world cup and the atmosphere was actually really electric.

Anyway we managed to clean them up and took home the trophy with ease, I got the match ball and man of the match for my 5/20. It was probably one of the better days I've ever had, and I got a LOT of attention from the opposite sex that week :spy. A lot of luck went into it but that was by far my favourite cricketing moment.

slaydya157

School Cricketer
My favourite cricketing moment would be scoring 183 not out in the last innings of our 4 days school v school match, i opened the batting and we lost 3 quick wickets chasing 380 to win. our coach is a harsh guy and almost just left once three wickets went down and it got to the stage of us needing 50 to win with 1 wicket in hand, myself and the number 11, now this guy is the kinda guy who he can play every shot and he can bat like a proper batsmen in the nets but once hes out in the middle hes like a chris martin :facepalm so i just told him just play your game get something in front of your stumps and just try and get bat on ball, first ball straight through him bowled off would you believe it a no-ball :yes it was just slow scoring after that with the occasional play and miss but we ended up needing 7 to win with 1 overs left the number 11 on strike. there opening bowler back on to bowl the last over first ball first 4 balls all yorkers all kept out no runs still needing 7 of 2 balls. bowler runs in bouncer, number 11 pull shot straight up, we ran 1 and the fielder drops it :facepalm i dont know how anyway 1 ball to get 6 which for me im not normally a big hitter. i just thought we need six and this guy bowls about 140km/h+ so why not try something fancy bowler runs in, i knew it would be full so i decided to try a shot which i practice non stop in the nets a switch paddle (my name for it atleast). so bowler runs in to bowl, the ball is just short of a half volley and i managed to paddle it for 6!!! ... best moment ever !

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
This one didn't even come with me as a player.

I umpired (standing at the bowling end every over) a much-hyped 12-overs-a-side match a few months ago and had the absolute best viewpoint of proceedings as the match went into the final over with the team chasing winning via a six with 2 balls to spare. It wasn't anything fancy, by now I think it's clear that the only cricketing experience I'll ever have is backyard/field/street/beach cricket. But it was an intense match with two teams engaging in friendly rivalry. I was one of the few neutrals and the only one who knew anything about umpiring, so they gave me the task.

Saw a much-hyped batsman reach forward for his first ball, only to have it go through the gate and hit the stumps for a golden duck. The celebrations by the bowling team were spectacular.

Saw a fielder take one that went so high it almost came back down with snow on it. He had enough time to settle under it, take a swing of beer, set the can down, and take the catch.

Saw the oldest man on the field by about 20 years wicketkeep (without gloves) and throw himself around spectacularly. No byes. A wide that went for four that he could never have gotten to, the ball would have hit gully, it was that wide. One brilliant low catch that I swear I had the perfect view of. Otherwise, pretty much everything that went behind, went to hand, even wides to "spinners" of a tennis ball on a concrete pitch...which actually did turn from time to time.

Was involved in a dispute with the players concerning a ball that I called 6 but everyone fielding and their supporters insisted was four. The fielding team surrounded me and since most of them knew me personally they were half-arguing, half-begging for me to signal four. I called a couple of other neutrals in to discuss the issue. I told them I'm just doing this whole thing for show, to build suspense, I'm calling it 6 anyways. They all agreed. After another minute or so of general chat and random gesturing to the boundary to make it look official I signalled 6! ;)

Was almost named man-of-the-match by the neutrals even though I wasn't a player!

Users who are viewing this thread