Best Fast Bowling Pair in the World at the moment?

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys, i was surfing cricinfo this weekend and read Wasim Akram saying that Ishant-Zaheer is best fast bowling pair in the world at the moment and Zaheer has as much control over reverse swing as he himself used to have during his peak. It was amazing, i mean how many times have you seen someone saying indian fast bowling pair as best. The words came from the Wasim Akram himself so that does mean something.

Zaheer Khan--> Left Arm Fast medium. Swing the ball both ways and extraordinary swing with the old ball. Good outswingers with new ball and toe crushing yorker with old.

Ishant Sharma---> Tall lanky Right Arm Fast Bowler. Bowls between 145-150Kmph. Doesnt swing the ball much but is able to extract uneven bounce and greater seam movement than others. Wicket Taking Delivery-- one that comes in with the angle towards right handed batsmen and leves him after pitching.

This forms the deadly pair of Ishant-Zaheer.

Next pair that comes in my mind is a lot similar to this
that is Ntini-Steyn

Steyn--->Right Arm Fast bowler. Veryy very deadly with the new ball,get the swing more than any other bowler in the world with new ball. Wicket Taking Delivery-->Perfect Outswingers.

Ntini--> Right arm fast medium bowler. Bowls with the angle. Depends upon seam movement. Wicket Taking Delivery--> One that leaves right hander after pitching.

I cannot name all the pairs here,coz thats a lot of typing dude. So post your pair with the reason you think they are deadly.

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
No non Indian pair is worth talking about obviously. Best bowling pair is Yuvraj Singh and Ashish Nehra.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I would Zaheer Ishant because although I think Steyn is better than both Ishant and Zaheer, Ntini doesn't quite back Steyn up as much Zaheer and Ishant do to each other.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
No non Indian pair is worth talking about obviously. Best bowling pair is Yuvraj Singh and Ashish Nehra.

That would be sick. Yuvraj ripping from over the wicket spinning it into the rough and Nehra angling some jaffers across the batsmen.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Annoyingly I think he's right. Steyn is a better bowler than both of them, but then those 2 are better than Ntini and Morkel on current form. So yeh, I'll give you this one, Zaheer and Ishant are one heck of a bowling pair. Fred and Harmy would smash them if on top form though tbh, just a shame that Harmison's still shite.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Annoyingly I think he's right. Steyn is a better bowler than both of them, but then those 2 are better than Ntini and Morkel on current form. So yeh, I'll give you this one, Zaheer and Ishant are one heck of a bowling pair. Fred and Harmy would smash them if on top form though tbh, just a shame that Harmison's still shite.

I hate to say that but i agree with you there. Freddie-Harmy in form would destroy any batting lineup. Freddie is my fav.(coz i loved those stumps flying in ashes 05 when he left Aussies bamboozeled with reverse swing)

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
hi guys, i was surfing cricinfo this weekend and read Wasim Akram saying that Ishant-Zaheer is best fast bowling pair in the world at the moment and Zaheer has as much control over reverse swing as he himself used to have during his peak. It was amazing, i mean how many times have you seen someone saying indian fast bowling pair as best. The words came from the Wasim Akram himself so that does mean something.

I swear I read something really similar to this in one of your other threads, I think it was the best pace bowler at this time.

Anyways its Steyn and Ntini. Steyn is better than Khan or Ishant and Ntini is way underrated.
In 2008 he finished with 54 wickets at 28. Clark and Lee could be there if they could stay healthy.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
I swear I read something really similar to this in one of your other threads, I think it was the best pace bowler at this time.

Anyways its Steyn and Ntini. Steyn is better than Khan or Ishant and Ntini is way underrated.
In 2008 he finished with 54 wickets at 28. Clark and Lee could be there if they could stay healthy.

Thats the point of this thread, post the pair which is beast at the moment, else i would say if shuan tait gets control of glenn macgrath and brett lee got his old speed then whoah, that would be a hell of a pair. Thus, post a pair which is healthy and is performing at the moment.

irottev

School Cricketer
I like Zaheer and Sharma too. Good mix of experience and youth. Pace and movement. Left and right. Love it.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Thats the point of this thread, post the pair which is beast at the moment, else i would say if shuan tait gets control of glenn macgrath and brett lee got his old speed then whoah, that would be a hell of a pair. Thus, post a pair which is healthy and is performing at the moment.

that's why I posted Steyn and Ntini duh.

I just said it was worth mentioning those 2 since you were talking about Harmison and Flintoff if they were ever healthy or in form...

you already forget what you posted.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Probably Sharma and Khan with Steyn and Ntini coming in just behind, Khan in my opinion is one of the best fast bowlers in the world atm his control is unnervingly accurate and to back that up you have a more pacier and bouncier bowler those two together are deadly.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sharma with his height, speed, swing and control is a good mix for Khan's left arm swingers. Not far behind is Steyn and Ntini. Any combo with the best Test paceman at present will always be there abouts. Ntini got some key break throughs against Australia making a perfect partner for Steyn.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sharma and Khan (many would agree with me on this ATM). Its been very rare that India has had this kind of a bowling combination at the top thats the best in the world (when Srinath and Prasad combined, we had other way better pairs at that time). And Prasad wasnt a really great bowler and also wasnt that accurate too. But he can be credited in a big way for shaping up this deadly pair of Zaheer and Ishant.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I was thinking Sharma-Khan and Steyn-Ntini. They are the 2 most lethal going around atm. I'm surprised Lee-Johnson never really worked.

Users who are viewing this thread