Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I received an sms/text from BT games in South Africa saying Ashes is postponed until 2014 by the publisher, thus now you can release your game Ross!

I'm sure people would be interested to see a screenshot of said sms/text from BT games

inaziri

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
can we get an actual date rather then predictions and using terms like will be in 3 weeks or before christmas.

Most anticipated game. Osome work done by the developers...:thumbs

angad

Chairman of Consent
can we get an actual date rather then predictions and using terms like will be in 3 weeks or before christmas.

Most anticipated game. Osome work done by the developers...:thumbs

31/12/2013 :cheers! Osome date that!!!

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We are lucky that there are only 12 months in a year or it would be a never ending wait. The game will be here in 2013. Speculation was release in last week of october but it won't go any beyond december.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Man I just want game to be in my hands before 20th of December, I planned my vacations this year to play this game all night while watching cricket that would be like a dream come true for me. :lol:lol:lol

arajay

School Cricketer
I remember when AC09 came out there were ads on during the breaks in play on the cricket. I saw it, thought "cool", went out and bought it straight away. DBC14 isn't declaring itself as an "Ashes" game as such but come on surely the best marketing ploy would be to have it available at the beginning of the Ashes series, rather than half way through the series. If Australian team doing badly, the Australian public will put cricket to one side (tend to shun teams when not performing) and hence this game may not get the attention it deserves. Its all about the anticipation....jump on the hype and build up of the Ashes and advertise this 'the best cricket game ever'. This is just what I think and it is partially impatience speaking but I seriously (no matter which way you spin it) cant see how holding off is beneficial as a money making decision.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I remember when AC09 came out there were ads on during the breaks in play on the cricket. I saw it, thought "cool", went out and bought it straight away. DBC14 isn't declaring itself as an "Ashes" game as such but come on surely the best marketing ploy would be to have it available at the beginning of the Ashes series, rather than half way through the series. If Australian team doing badly, the Australian public will put cricket to one side (tend to shun teams when not performing) and hence this game may not get the attention it deserves. Its all about the anticipation....jump on the hype and build up of the Ashes and advertise this 'the best cricket game ever'. This is just what I think and it is partially impatience speaking but I seriously (no matter which way you spin it) cant see how holding off is beneficial as a money making decision.

couldn't agree more...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
so by that token, Big Ant should just do everything AC09 did? With pitch marker, crap Wii game and everything?
No, it just that the facts run counter to the argument being made. It's not that the argument is wrong, just that AC09 is not an example of that happening, indeed it's of the opposite - a game having a build up to launch while a series is running and releasing at the peak.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No, it just that the facts run counter to the argument being made. It's not that the argument is wrong, just that AC09 is not an example of that happening, indeed it's of the opposite - a game having a build up to launch while a series is running and releasing at the peak.

but...

1)was it ready to launch at the beginning, as we're told this game is? or did it just launch when it was ready.
2)2009 was, luckily for them, a close and reasonably interesting series. if this is a one-sided series, the intensity diminishes and it doesn't have a "peak".

releasing after the start risks diminished interest in one of the two biggest markets, whereas releasing in the build up or during the first test is when there is a lot of interest.

i can't speak for Aus, but in England now cricket has as high a profile as it is gonna get. the 2005 series and the pietersen "textgate" scandal were the only times it would be higher. it may have been slightly higher during the summer series as there was no football, but not much - there are always football stories in our media!! (we have a football world cup next summer, so cricket won't get a look in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread