Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94b Download

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've lost count if how many times I've played a shot and gone"oh no!" As I know I've played down wrong line! There no hidden "outs" like in previous games, I really feel whatever the result of a shot, it was down to me!

Even better for me is when I go "oh yes!" satisfied at my perfect timing and stroke selection, only to see the ball clatter into the stumps a split second later. It's that ' :eek: ' reaction when I was convinced I'd got the right line, and it's just dipped off the seam or something at the last minute and fooled me completely. I love that, haha!

Just out of curiosity, what's the main difference if you lower the ability level of the batsman? Less responsive/accurate/etc? I've just been playing with the batsman on Very Good so far to make sure I learn the controls properly but I don't know if it would be worth dropping down to get used to playing with people less able than the Don himself, haha!

Last edited:

arun101

School Cricketer
I don't think controls need to change. They're good enough for now.

Yeah because you're playing in the nets.:p: i think ground shots should be the easiest shot to play in a cricket game. but in this case it is the hardest. can't believe controls to slogs are easier than ground shots.:noway

I believe BA use triggers to play ground shots in their next game :thumbs

Digibomb

School Cricketer
Not all will have transparency on so it needs to stay.

While some people like transparency, you can still know where the ball is without it.

Exactly my point, you can still know where the ball is without transparent batsman. So no point changing the camera angle because then it makes it hard to judge the angle that the ball is coming at.

See it like this, (in real life) most of the batsman would like to take leg or middle stand and would like to see ball coming to them straight (and not an angle), hence the sideline rule. I haven't seen many taking stance, that outside leg.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Got out of bed and straight into CA nets 99.94b on legend vs fast and leg/off spin bowling. Best so far vs fast bowler is 105 in close behind batsman view, leg spin just 17 and off spin 19. Spin is hard in this game still at the moment, missing a advance defence shot or just the normal drives with advance adding in. Something for the second game will be up the list of things to do for sure.

Batting in bowlers view is harder as it is hard to see the small differences but it is still good fun but please for newbie play in close batsman view as it's the best in the game, no pitch marker to cheat.:rolleyes

Great job again Bigant, this game will shock people when it does release, it's by far the best batting I have played in any cricket game.:cheers

angad

Chairman of Consent
Anyways, managed to get my highest streak in nets on legend with very poor batsman and no hud assists:

yg8mJuf.jpg

Got nervous on reaching the 190s and lost my off stump :(!!!!!

One thing I noticed was that when trying to get a high streak, we start playing proper cricket (mixing defense with aggression) and also get nervous while approaching milestones and losing our concentration.....and once you lose your concentration the game gets you out pretty easily!! All of this increases my belief that while playing full matches in this game, we would go through the complete roller coaster ride just like playing a real cricket match :D!!! Super stuff!!!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
You can probably add to that nervousness the feeling when the new over starts and a bowler comes in who you struggle to play against, or who's got you out a few times before, and so on. Definitely going to affect out offensively/defensively you play around those milestones too, I'm sure.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Behind the batsman cam feels so right compared to behind the bowler. However, for anyone who plans on playing offline multi-player, it is imperative they get comfortable batting with the behind the bowler cam, since that's the only camera the game is going to be playable in.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Replace bowling machine with bowler

Hi Ross,

We are able to play well by watching the bowling machine direction. But I guess we will have trouble if a bowler bowls. Its hard to identify whether the bowler is bowling offside or leg side. Could you please let us know whether there is any hud which will help us to identify whether its offside or onside delivery.
if there is nothing like that, then please atleast replace bowling machine with bowler in the next update of net practice so that we can get used to it.....

angad

Chairman of Consent
Could you please let us know whether there is any hud which will help us to identify whether its offside or onside delivery.

The circle around the ball is the key....for straight balls it would be a full circle, outside off the circle would have a gap on the right etc.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Ross has done enough mate, let him and his crew enjoy Christmas. :clap

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The circle around the ball is the key....for straight balls it would be a full circle, outside off the circle would have a gap on the right etc.

I guess circle will show the length of the delivery instead of direction... Correct me if i am wrong !!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I guess circle will show the length of the delivery instead of direction... Correct me if i am wrong !!

The colour of the circle shows length.

The 'shape' of the circle indicates line. Haven't you noticed how the circle sometimes has gaps? It's fairly obvious if you're watching the ball instead of the bowling machine.

Cuirassier1815

School Cricketer
Hi Ross,

We are able to play well by watching the bowling machine direction. But I guess we will have trouble if a bowler bowls. Its hard to identify whether the bowler is bowling offside or leg side. Could you please let us know whether there is any hud which will help us to identify whether its offside or onside delivery.
if there is nothing like that, then please atleast replace bowling machine with bowler in the next update of net practice so that we can get used to it.....

Turn all the aids off and watch the ball! Play the ball on its merits and don't premeditate your shots.
That's the way to play real cricket and I don't see this game as being any different? That's why I like it so much.
I am an older gamer and I always prefer to play a game without the aids. It may take you longer to master it, but it will more satisfying in the end.

Last edited:

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Or keep the aid on which actually indicates the line of the ball...it's fairly obvious

Users who are viewing this thread