Football Transfers Thread

sharp7

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why are all Atletico players leaving?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I'm really pleased with this appointment, as you say he fits perfectly with our philosophy and is a big enough name to hopefully convince our (rumoured) leaving players to stay on for another season. Can see him poaching a couple of players from Feyenoord.

We need a couple of strikers desperately with Lambert leaving, Rodriguez injured for a good few months and our record (nutter) signing not likely to be seen in a Saints top ever again.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
He'll bring Pelle to the Saints, probably. The guy has been tearing up the eredivisie and is certainly better than what he was a couple of years ago in Serie A where he couldn't buy a goal.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I would like to see us take a punt on John Guidetti, a very good young player who has stalled due to injury and lack of opportunities at Man City. Pelle is definitely quite Lambertlike and has been banging them in for Feyenoord but couldn't cut it in Serie A so would he be able to step up in the premiership? I'd rather we went for Borini and would love to see us go for Bony but can't see him coming to us.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
And if it works out with Guidetti after a season loan, you could probably have him on a free next summer, that is if his contract expires next summer like I recall reading... hopefully we sort that out before any loans. :rolleyes

Ye I'm skeptical about it as well for reasons you stated.

Quoting an oldish post here, but earlier I said something quite daft, thought the transfer spending limit set by UEFA part of the FFP sanctions were gross spend and not net spend.

- The Club?s expenditure on new players for the upcoming summer transfer window, on top of income from players it might sell, will be limited to 60m euros. This will have no material impact on the Club?s planned transfer activity.

Manchester City club statement 16 May - Manchester City FC

In relation to the original post, I still don't think we'll be letting go of Milner, for one, he's a homegrown player and we don't have many of those and two, I highly doubt the money we get for him will be equivalent of any replacement we wish to sign, and there really won't be any money left to spend off our budget if we land both Fernando and Mangala like we hope to.

Last edited:

Lee1981

International Coach
I am reminded of Hassielbaink and Drog when I look at Costa. Hopefully he will as good as them.

Funny enough Costa reminds me of few other forwards we have had

Sutton
Kezman
Torres

Just to name a few

Costa is massively overrated another striker failure looms for us.

My nan is faster than him for f sake..:facepalm

War

Chairman of Selectors
Funny enough Costa reminds me of few other forwards we have had

Sutton
Kezman
Torres

Just to name a few

Costa is massively overrated another striker failure looms for us.

My nan is faster than him for f sake..:facepalm

Ha, I think this is a bit over the top here Lee. How closely have you watched Costa at A Madrid this season?

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
If I was a Chelsea fan, I won't be jumping over the Costa deal, yes he had a brilliant season, but you can't forget that he was hidden last season and the seasons before that. Hasn't really got going in International football also. It depends on how he starts of his premier league.

Lee1981

International Coach
Ha, I think this is a bit over the top here Lee. How closely have you watched Costa at A Madrid this season?

I've seen a bit of him.

Not loads no, around 10-12 games.

He does not excite me at all, don't get me wrong there is not a lot of choice in strikers available but Costa is gonna flop I think

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I dont understand why people think Diego was hidden the season before 13/14. He scored 20-odd goals and made some 15 assists and was as vital as Falcao. And we also need to keep in mind that Drog was also a player who started playing well only when he was 24-ish. I am not saying that Costa will be a guaranteed success at the Bridge, but writing him off before he has even played a match is a bit unfair, IMHO.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
What we know for sure is that he's far better than Torres, Eto'o and Ba.

Hence it is a good signing. He doesn't need to uproot any trees to make Chelsea stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread