This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
field placements are pathetic...

Do elaborate. Match type? Status of match you expected the AI to change the field? Etc. It's always good if you have a comment to make, positive or negative you expand upon your inital summation "field placements are pathetic end sentance" and actually provide details of what you're experiencing and whether or not it's simply a one-off aberration to a match situation or a wide-spread bug that multiple users are facing. I'm personally finding the field-sets much better on PC/Patch2 but then I've been playing this game a lot and have a few reference points to call back to. Again, it's good if you can expand upon an initial idea in a post, you're more likely to get a cohesive, positive response from both members and the Big Ant team.

How are people finding the fielding, generally, in the game? I'm finding it vastly better and less over-powered. I'm looking forward to seeing how that translates into my career mode on PS3 when the console patch arrives, but has anyone played enough career mode yet to make a call on the fielders? Certainly online using semi-assisted fielding it's much better.

mosumgaba

School Cricketer
Great Game.

Only thing I am disliking so far AI is bowling too much on middle and leg stump. They should ball more on or outside off stump.

hillaire

School Cricketer
I mis-cut a ball to second or third slip and was slightly surprised to see the keeper teleporting across to catch it. :D

Really, that sounds disappointing. I have not seen anything like that myself

AnkitC

International Coach
Played an amazing game of Cricket against @kushari I guess. A last ball thriller. I won. :D

kushari

International Coach
Played an amazing game of Cricket against @kushari I guess. A last ball thriller. I won. :D

Pleasure playing you Ankit. What a thriller.. Congrats you deserved to win.

AnkitC

International Coach
Pleasure playing you Ankit. What a thriller.. Congrats you deserved to win.

Thanks man. But I didn't like how you used a single tactic while bowling. At the end you became predictable. Could have varied your bowling a bit. But all in all enjoyed a lot. :)

kushari

International Coach
Thanks man. But I didn't like how you used a single tactic while bowling. At the end you became predictable. Could have varied your bowling a bit. But all in all enjoyed a lot. :)

still learning mate, still learning. I am not good with tactics...hope to pickup few from you in days to come...:D:D

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
PC version is great, very fluid and smooth. Even nicked off to 1st slip and he caught it not the keeper ! Even tho i was out i was smiling! :)

Only thing i could say so far after 10 hours in. Is that the fields they set sometimes. Have a cover and a deep cover same for mid on then a Long on.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I mis-cut a ball to second or third slip and was slightly surprised to see the keeper teleporting across to catch it. :D

Did it happen online or offline?

----------

PC version is great, very fluid and smooth. Even nicked off to 1st slip and he caught it not the keeper ! Even tho i was out i was smiling! :)

Only thing i could say so far after 10 hours in. Is that the fields they set sometimes. Have a cover and a deep cover same for mid on then a Long on.

I hope it's a rare occurrence as I thought such kinds of field settings were fixed in patch 2.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Do elaborate. Match type? Status of match you expected the AI to change the field? Etc. It's always good if you have a comment to make, positive or negative you expand upon your inital summation "field placements are pathetic end sentance" and actually provide details of what you're experiencing and whether or not it's simply a one-off aberration to a match situation or a wide-spread bug that multiple users are facing. I'm personally finding the field-sets much better on PC/Patch2 but then I've been playing this game a lot and have a few reference points to call back to. Again, it's good if you can expand upon an initial idea in a post, you're more likely to get a cohesive, positive response from both members and the Big Ant team.

How are people finding the fielding, generally, in the game? I'm finding it vastly better and less over-powered. I'm looking forward to seeing how that translates into my career mode on PS3 when the console patch arrives, but has anyone played enough career mode yet to make a call on the fielders? Certainly online using semi-assisted fielding it's much better.

Huge improvement Biggs, loving it but even on pro i would not say the game is easier just different. Meaning the leg glance is more safe but the pull shot gets me out a little to much for my liking but maybe i just need more play time.

PS Runs almost perfect on my i7 4 ram and a average graphics card 525:facepalm on max settings.

Line and length has improved but not perfect, edges to many to keeper still:mad but i can live with it. Fielders and field setting are a huge improvement with only few tweaks needed. Great job by Bigant as it feels almost like a new game. top stuff.:clap

----------

Did it happen online or offline?

----------

I hope it's a rare occurrence as I thought such kinds of field settings were fixed in patch 2.

They are better but still not perfect, same tactics i use for PS3 version, couple of shots and then defend to make the fielders come in. Spinner not as hard to play but fast men are harder, pro feels about the same in difficulty just different from before.

anikalra123

School Cricketer
plz tell me how to variate line of the bowling............how to bowl wide outside off stump.....all my bowls are going straight

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
There is a manual that tells you what to do, and an in-game tutorial mode that tells you what to do.

When pushing the bowling stick up, push it in the direction you want the ball to go.

Last edited:

stephanvos

School Cricketer

I experienced some AI field placing issues. Both in 5 over casual match and T20 casual match. I hit many sixes in the area of long on and long off in succession over the bouler's head and the AI did not put someone there to try and stop me from playing that shot. That is a bit disappointing. I hope it is not a common thing otherwise it will make the game very easy.

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Playing my first match (test) after some time with the practice tutorial.
Loving bowling even though I am still rubbish at it. I didn't know how to catch so I put Cook down when he chipped a slower ball on about 5, and now he has 70+.
My first wicket was a thing of beauty, with Carberry LBW off Watson. Then Smith got Bell in a low C&B, and Johnson bowled Bell with a yorker off the legs. all of the dismissals looked so real. This is the cricket game I have been waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread