Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It's a fair point Dave. I will probably make around 620 players for custom teams and play tests leagues and cup comps as I have this time. I couldn't get into the career last time. I hope the stats work this time, it kinda took the fun away. That said if DB17s stats had worked I'd still be playing it now, just to see how Arthur Sleeps test career evolved.

Will we be able to edit career teams list a la DB14?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'd quite like to ask @BigAntStudios a little question that's not entirely related to the game just because I've been wondering it.

What exactly is needed (roughly) in order to make the Academy (or whatever it'll be called in Ashes Cricket) a cross-platform thing, and how easy is it to do? The reason that I ask this is that WWE 2k18 just came out and their equivalent of the Academy is not cross-platform and the continual reason given is that they can't do it because the console makers refuse to allow them to do it which strikes me as being just a total cop-out. It just strikes me as being a little odd that (no offence) a relatively small game developer manages to put together a cross-platform very sophisticated character sharing tool: while one of the biggest games companies in the world with an incredibly lucrative licence (well, the Ashes is also one of those but before that Big Ant didn't really have that many licences!) apparently can't manage what Big Ant did three years ago - or last year, if you include the logo sharing thing! I mean it is 2k games who have a certain reputation plus the WWE games haven't had lots of money put into them for many many years so its not that surprising...
From what I understand it has a great deal to do with Sony not wanting cross platforming because a large amount of gamers prefer PS to Xbox and this gives them an egde over Xbox.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We were the first in the world to do the cross platform PS3<>X360<>PC - it wasn't easy to get across the line, both technically and politically. I am surprised that others haven't used us an example in order to get their own systems up.

That said, we have certainly been somewhat imitated by other Oz devs.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
Rocket league is one game that does cross play really well and even they cant get sony to get along with xbox.

Reactions: DAP

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
No matter how bad was DBC17 for ps4 I am definitely buying this on the 16th. I love cricket. My American girlfriend use to hate it when I had DBC17 on. But come 16 she's gonna get a rude shock.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just question a community that gets into a frenzy based on little detail...
I think the majority of those who are very excited are from the subcontinent where cricket is the only sport that matters. And when you tell them a new cricket game is coming, it's bound to make them jump in joy because it's the only thing that they look forward to. I might also be wrong here but I think this number would have been far less if the game wasn't coming out on PC.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
But we can criticise the community right?

Like to say - the vast majority of this community will play the vast majority of their playtime with unlicensed teams and content, so why are they excited about a release where all they have to go on so far is licenses and animation?? Because that was my point.

The exposure of the campaign has clearly validated what BA want to do, no questions. And we are low hanging fruit in terms of sales so it's fair enough the campaign is not aimed us.

Me and the Majority of the Online Playing Community is in the same boat as you Blocker .

To us there is Zero Value if the Players from England and Australia looks slightly better and has custom animations , as we play with Custom Created teams for our leagues , so if the Gameplay and my famous list of Bugs are not adressed , their will be no incentive to move to Ashes.

Our Guinea Pigs are standing ready to test the Online side , to report back here what was fixed and not fixed.

I sincerely hope all the major irritations are out of the way , so that we can all join in on the fun of the new product , but alas the proof will be in the pudding .

Rhone

International Cricketer
But we can criticise the community right?

Like to say - the vast majority of this community will play the vast majority of their playtime with unlicensed teams and content, so why are they excited about a release where all they have to go on so far is licenses and animation?? Because that was my point.

The exposure of the campaign has clearly validated what BA want to do, no questions. And we are low hanging fruit in terms of sales so it's fair enough the campaign is not aimed us.

I really agree with this point. It's impossible for me to get excited about 'Ashes Cricket' as so far it just looks like DBC17 with Mocap and a couple of licences added. At best i would hope that they have fixed stat bugs and improved fielding a bit. I'm not expecting much more as there has been very little time between the last iteration to change anything drastically. I am going to be very cautious before I fork out another £50 on what is essentially patch 1.5 of DBC17 with a few bells and whistles added.

I don't really have a problem with the above scenario. They are apparently focused on attracting new customers with their PR campaign and a larger audience for BigAnt Cricket games is richly deserved in my opinion as despite the flaws of DBC14 and 17, they are easily the best cricket games I have played.

D

Deleted member 46200

We re dealing with a younger more immature audience... How many feel FIFA 18 is a totally different contrast to 17 and is
I am going to be very cautious before I fork out another £50 on what is essentially patch 1.5 of DBC17 with a few bells and whistles added.

They are apparently focused on attracting new customers with their PR campaign and a larger audience.
Something EA sports have been getting away with for years... ?

The marketing strategy can be many fold and directed into specific media interest. My guess is the budget isn't great but the use of word of mouth, Twitter and Facebook pretty forward thinking if not free. They are also restricted in part by partners and licenses however the terms of the wording.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I really agree with this point. It's impossible for me to get excited about 'Ashes Cricket' as so far it just looks like DBC17 with Mocap and a couple of licences added. At best i would hope that they have fixed stat bugs and improved fielding a bit. I'm not expecting much more as there has been very little time between the last iteration to change anything drastically. I am going to be very cautious before I fork out another £50 on what is essentially patch 1.5 of DBC17 with a few bells and whistles added.

I don't really have a problem with the above scenario. They are apparently focused on attracting new customers with their PR campaign and a larger audience for BigAnt Cricket games is richly deserved in my opinion as despite the flaws of DBC14 and 17, they are easily the best cricket games I have played.
There may have been an entirely different team working on Ashes Cricket for more than a year (while a smaller team worked on the DBC17 patches), you don't know whats coming so why comment at all, just wait and see... patience my young padawan! :)

kulch

Club Captain
There may have been an entirely different team working on Ashes Cricket for more than a year (while a smaller team worked on the DBC17 patches), you don't know whats coming so why comment at all, just wait and see... patience my young padawan! :)

Lol we can only hope. DBC17 wasn't even tested it shipped in a state with no cover drive and players diving all over the pitch. It was an absolute farce and 6 months later got ditched before it was repaired. This is why the skeptics are out in force this is DBC17 (repaired) with 2 extra licenses and mo cap

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Lol we can only hope. DBC17 wasn't even tested it shipped in a state with no cover drive and players diving all over the pitch. It was an absolute farce and 6 months later got ditched before it was repaired. This is why the skeptics are out in force this is DBC17 (repaired) with 2 extra licenses and mo cap

Factually incorrect

Users who are viewing this thread