ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well, 10 wickets in the first 4 T20s against the Strong Windies. Not bad at all. Certainly not one to laugh at!

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, 10 wickets in the first 4 T20s against the Strong Windies. Not bad at all. Certainly not one to laugh at!
My quote meant for ODIs...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah; to include Shadab ahead of Rashid Khan in an ODI XI is a most unusual selection when you consider the latter's 36 ODI wickets at ten apiece this year.
He has 19 wickets at 25, plus i needed a number 7, and Shadab can bat. Also, Rashid hasn't faced too many quality batsmen in ODIs. I included him in my T20 team because he did well in the IPL and other leagues.[DOUBLEPOST=1511790143][/DOUBLEPOST]@AliB

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Test XI

1. :saf: Dean Elgar

Managing 1097 runs at an average of 54.85 with 5 100s and 5 50s. Automatic pick for almost everyone!
2. :sri: Dimuth Karunaratne
It came as a shock to me that no one picked him yet. Yes, SL have been in vain, but still he has been the stellar performer, with only the 3rd batsman with over 1000 runs in Tests this year. 1018 runs at an average of 42.41 with 3 100s and 4 50s. He is a solid batsman at the top.
3. :ind: Cheteshwar Pujara
An excellent, solid and a reliable batsman who can play well in almost every condition. Over 1000 runs this year, with 4 100s and 5 50s.
4. :aus: Steven Smith :c:
The superstar from Australia. Just way too good to be left out. 842 runs at an average over 60 with 4 100s. Superb stuff!
5. :ind: Virat Kohli
Was a tough choice between him and Joe Root, but chose him because of being Indian (you know) and well, his conversion rate. He crossed the 50 score, 4 times this year and all times ended up in a century.
6. :ban: Mushfiqur Rahim :wk:
Solid batsman, good keeper, an ok leader. Has been the backbone for Bangladesh all this year. 766 runs at an average of over 50 shows his consistency and strength. Also, his runs were scored against teams like NZ, India, Australia etc.
7. :ind: Ravi Ashwin
When in Asia or West Indies, he keeps on taking and taking and taking wickets, not to ignore some valuable contributions with the bat.
8. :aus: Nathan Lyon
Was in a dilemma between him and Herath. Chose him for his excellent average. Performs well, even in the fast bowling tracks of Australia.
9. :eng: Toby Roland-Jones
Controversial selection. Prior to the injury, he was an excellent asset to England. Took 17 wickets at an average of 19.64 with a strike rate of 31.5. Couldn't be ignored. Would play on a green top.

OR
9. :sri: Rangana Herath
Single-handedly carris the Sri Lankan bowling. If he performs, all the others perform. If he doesn't, no one does. Third bowler to take 50 wickets this year. Would play on a spinning pitch.
10. :eng: James Anderson
Superb fast bowler, the best this year!
11. :saf: Kagiso Rabada
The next best fast bowler this year! Surely the next great thing coming up!

12th Man -> :saf: Hashim Amla
Another stellar performer this year. Silent and goes around his business.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Test

D Warner
K Williamson
S Smith
V Kohli
J Root
B Stokes
Q de Kock
R Jadeja
M Starc
N Lyon
M Morkel

ODI

Warner
de Kock
Kohli
de Villiers
Stokes
Pandya
Woakes
Starc
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Tahir

T20

I'd drop a spinner for Bumrah in my T20 side depending on form and opposition. I'd also replace Woakes with Andre Russell.[DOUBLEPOST=1511812910][/DOUBLEPOST]I can't believe how underrated Williamson is. He can bat anywhere in the order and in any conditions against any attack.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wait, what's so special about Sarfraz? Decent batsman, gloveman, but nothing so special about him.
Average of 40, SR of 72. What more do you want from a keeper?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Test

D Warner
K Williamson
S Smith
V Kohli
J Root
B Stokes
Q de Kock
R Jadeja
M Starc
N Lyon
M Morkel

ODI

Warner
de Kock
Kohli
de Villiers
Stokes
Pandya
Woakes
Starc
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Tahir

T20

I'd drop a spinner for Bumrah in my T20 side depending on form and opposition. I'd also replace Woakes with Andre Russell.[DOUBLEPOST=1511812910][/DOUBLEPOST]I can't believe how underrated Williamson is. He can bat anywhere in the order and in any conditions against any attack.
And i can't believe you left out Hasan Ali from your ODI XI.
I agree on Williamson.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Average of 40, SR of 72. What more do you want from a keeper?
Didn't know he had that good of an average. But personally would prefer De Kock over him.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Didn't know he had that good of an average. But personally would prefer De Kock over him.
I kinda forgot about him in Tests :facepalm i would've picked him if i remembered

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
And i can't believe you left out Hasan Ali from your ODI XI.
I agree on Williamson.

I would pick Amir/Shadab before him right now. Hasan Ali did exceptionally in the CT but that doesn't make me put him ahead of the other quicks. He needs to prove a lot more.

I love the attitude and character of Shadab and Amir. There was some T20 Shadab won with the bat and I had called it. Talent is one thing, but I am more attracted towards those with a combination of talent and character. For example- I will never have Rohit Sharma in any of these lists but I don't think there's a batsman in the world minus AB that I'd like to watch more than him in full flight.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
ODI XI

1. :ind: Rohit Sharma

Come, smash century, go to sleep. Rohit Sharma's daily schedule this year. 1076 runs this year with 5 100s and 5 50s. Great batsman to open with.
2. :saf: Quinton de Kock :wk:
Aggressive, consistent, reliable. A perfect keeper batsman.
3. :ind: Virat Kohli :c:
Easily the best current ODI batsman going around.
4. :eng: Joe Root
Has been playing some wonderful cricket throughout the year. Although has a bad conversion rate, he still is pretty consistent.
5. :pak: Babar Azam
Pakistan's best limited over batsman. 4 centuries and 2 fifties this year, with a total of 856 runs @ 67.something.
6. :eng: Ben Stokes
The power of 2 players in one. Ben Stokes, sublime all rounder and a great personality to have on your team.
7. :eng: Liam Plunkett
Really good bowler, handy batsman. Took 36 wickets this year at an average of 22.
8. :afg: Rashid Khan
The Afghani superstar. Doesn't stop taking wickets.
9. :saf: Imran Tahir
South African storm. Take wicket, and then start running like there is no tomorrow. Plays on a spinning pitch.

OR
9. :ind: Jasprit Bumrah
The awkward armed death bowler. Best death bowler around (uhm, after Bhuvaneshwar IMO). Comes on a flat or green top.
10. :pak: Hasan Ali
Best old ball bowler going around. His celebrations are a true joy to watch.
11. :saf: Kagiso Rabada
This man doesn't fail to impress.

12th Man -> :saf: Faf du Plessis
Really great performer this year. Over 800 runs.

Users who are viewing this thread