Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Then make the thread private then. What kind of bullshit is that lol ‘thread is for beta testers only by everyone can view it’

It is public so people can view the progress. Posting is restricted to avoid clutter and channel it into this thread, which is specifically for discussion.

There is literally nothing preventing you from quoting a post from the beta thread and replying to it in this thread. In fact, it has been specifically set up for this exact purpose.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the issue with rushing them??
Testing AI and ideal fielding take forever to get right. You can see from the beta thread that there clearly addressing our issues.

Release it too early and everyone will complain that Big Ant just doesn't care and keeps pushing out a half-assed product. Take a little time to perfect it and people complain about the time taken.

I guess you can never make everyone happy.

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is the issue with rushing them??
Testing AI and ideal fielding take forever to get right. You can see from the beta thread that there clearly addressing our issues.

Release it too early and everyone will complain that Big Ant just doesn't care and keeps pushing out a half-assed product. Take a little time to perfect it and people complain about the time taken.

I guess you can never make everyone happy.

In my opinion the testers are doing a fantastic job. I have always felt BA lack people with true knowledge about the game of Cricket so the testers have been saving BA’s a** from some time now.

But I feel the complainants are not talking about rushing the patch. They’re talking about increasing the speed of the whole process. Currently the builds are being pushed every 9 days or so. This process can certainly be improved.

The testers are giving it their all for the community. Not sure about BA.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In my opinion the testers are doing a fantastic job. I have always felt BA lack people with true knowledge about the game of Cricket so the testers have been saving BA’s a** from some time now.

But I feel the complainants are not talking about rushing the patch. They’re talking about increasing the speed of the whole process. Currently the builds are being pushed every 9 days or so. This process can certainly be improved.

The testers are giving it their all for the community. Not sure about BA.

Yeah I can wait as long as it takes for a good build to come out. But the fact that BA are outsourcing the gameplay work to a few blokes on a forum is farcical I think, when it's a triple A-priced product.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is public so people can view the progress. Posting is restricted to avoid clutter and channel it into this thread, which is specifically for discussion.

There is literally nothing preventing you from quoting a post from the beta thread and replying to it in this thread. In fact, it has been specifically set up for this exact purpose.
Then why was I able to post in it? Don’t get mad at me because you guys stuffed up and didnt hand out the super duper secret privileges to the right people. Some of you flogs are unreal

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
D

Dutch

Yeah I can wait as long as it takes for a good build to come out. But the fact that BA are outsourcing the gameplay work to a few blokes on a forum is farcical I think, when it's a triple A-priced product.
Or they are engaging with a hopefully community representative group to take the time to get things the way said community actually wants it in far as that is possible given the mechanics available.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
LAST POST HERE. BIG ANT.... GET THE PATCH OUT ITS YOUR tweaking JOB... WEEKS OF BETA NO PATCH

Users who are viewing this thread