Ashes Cricket General Discussion

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The only negative which i see until now (atleast for me) is edges while batting. I played a total of 60 overs batting in various types of matches and not even a single edge.
Is anyone getting edges? If yes, Please share the pitch type and conditions you are using.

Last edited:

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The other minor issue is the difference in the shot power of ground shots for ok timing and good timing is very noticeble. I feel good timing shots are bit over powered. Either reduce shot power of good timing shots little bit or increase shot power of ok timing little bit.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Batting is so challenging. I normally make around 270 to 320 and this time it was 134 all out in 42 overs . Hitting easy 6s ate thing of the past. When AI bats they find gaps well. But i really didnt have enough runs to challenge ai. Overall i give 8/10 for this patch. I would have liked bit more work on AI feild placements but not going to take anything away from BA and PC beta team. Excellent work

Kass D

County Cricketer
Other then that one AI feild PP placement of long on for fast bowlers and spinners bowling without any fielders outside 30yards. There are some smart ai feilds

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Any, Night match screen tearing??
Yes it seems to be still happening.[DOUBLEPOST=1524721690][/DOUBLEPOST]
10 hours before I get my hands on the patch , apart from swing are there any other issues?
My only complaint is edges while human batting. I played more than 100 overs of limited overs and i didnt get a single outside edge. May be beta team can provide if they have any settings or pitches that can get some edges.
But human bowling dismissals are really good.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
My only complaint is edges while human batting. I played more than 100 overs of limited overs and i didnt get a single outside edge. May be beta team can provide if they have any settings or pitches that can get some edges.

Difficulty level?
and I assume batting modifers are disabled
It still is happening? is it same or some improvement

mani761

Club Captain
no bro i am having lots of edges till now played 4 t20 its very hard to make runs now until n unless you time so well. i always play on hardest difficulty with legend mode today is th first time i have to play on medium difficulty and i must say that on medium difficulty level also you cant hit for a six until or unless you time so well

TemPSaad

Associate Captain

The patch notes said that the have changed the difficulty of hard and hardest levels , may be you edge more on those difficulties?

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh I love this patch, I was always timing it late every ball on hardest but boy.. It makes me laugh I even get to see that 'early' timing in the HUD. I was so used to playing it late with the good ol' dbc 14 days but then I bought this it was all late(since I didn't play DBC 17) but this patch is just 'love'. I played it the first thing when I got back, played for 20 overs the timing does take some time to get used to, but its so better this way and the commentary too is almost on point for me thus far. The fielding being toned down is good to see and even see some new animations like batsman shaking their head after getting out cheaply and the edges are more often due to our timing rather than being random. Thank you BigAnt for making our money worth once again and a big thanks to the beta guys for testing these over and over again. Oh I almost forgot the hide HUD, that just takes game to a new level.
Sorry if I had triggered anybody by this post, I just wanted to say thanks for this patch..

Users who are viewing this thread