Ashes Cricket General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A bit harsh if you ask me. As a lot of these players are either by myself or @wasteyouryouth
The majority of these were made in an attempt to make them realistic but with little to go by. No one even knew before what the skills meant.
Was thinking that myself. I've been reluctant to adjust skills to any great level because I don't want to be responsible for messing up other people's game.

I've looked very closely at skills/attributes and mentalities, at least until work on the new patch was revealed, I'll probably be playing around to see what impact they have. I will report back any findings. It would be nice to have a consistent way that players can be skilled and see differences in abilities.

There's only a couple of thousand players for us to do @Llewelynf . Easy. :rolleyes

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Was thinking that myself. I've been reluctant to adjust skills to any great level because I don't want to be responsible for messing up other people's game.

I've looked very closely at skills/attributes and mentalities, at least until work on the new patch was revealed, I'll probably be playing around to see what impact they have. I will report back any findings. It would be nice to have a consistent way that players can be skilled and see differences in abilities.

There's only a couple of thousand players for us to do @Llewelynf . Easy. :rolleyes

And it will be your fault and yours alone if things get stuffed up ;)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
any workaround or remedy to fix opposite swing bug (its already reported in bug section) as its random and when it happened AI smashed a 4 or 6 very easily

Thieves

Club Captain
My south african team is pretty accurate, but the devillers I have just doesn't look like him. Perhaps I have the wrong version Downloaded. Will check later.

Has the academy also been worked on in the patch? I hope so. I've had some issues with it such as teams not linking properly even after I've manually tried to do so.

Is there any way that I can take my career player and link him to an international team as well? Would love to open the batting for sa lol.

Haven't had an opportunity to play the new patch coz I have to go to work, can't wait to test it out at home.

I think we should try to keep this thread more about positive feedback on the new patch, the negativity is annoying.

Just a few of my random thoughts.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My south african team is pretty accurate, but the devillers I have just doesn't look like him. Perhaps I have the wrong version Downloaded. Will check later.

Has the academy also been worked on in the patch? I hope so. I've had some issues with it such as teams not linking properly even after I've manually tried to do so.

Is there any way that I can take my career player and link him to an international team as well? Would love to open the batting for sa lol.

Haven't had an opportunity to play the new patch coz I have to go to work, can't wait to test it out at home.

I think we should try to keep this thread more about positive feedback on the new patch, the negativity is annoying.

Just a few of my random thoughts.
Linking for teams has been fixed AFAIK

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Quick observations after a short spell of bowling (15 overs) in a test match with England. After 7 overs Broad's stamina is still sky high. There's very little movement in the air and that's with swing up to 100 in overcast conditions. The fielding animations look smoother though and I took two wickets via clean bowled (@Langeveldt). To be completely honest, it doesn't feel like there's a real sense of knowing what you're going to get when you send the ball down.

Oh and Pakistan chose to bat after winning the toss, which given the conditions, in England, seemed odd.
1Tte7l8.png
It still looked like a lovely day though, sun was shining.

The dreaded "p" bug is still there I am afraid

:noway
The 'd' bug - when searching for logos with the letter 'd' in - no longer crashes my game, but it does reset the characters entered in the search box.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Could anyone post a video of just swing bowling, just to see how it is..

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Could anyone post a video of just swing bowling, just to see how it is..
Or even just hawkeye will help[DOUBLEPOST=1524750733][/DOUBLEPOST]
The 'd' bug - when searching for logos with the letter 'd' in - no longer crashes my game, but it does reset the characters entered in the search box.
Never had that before. Will have a look later and see

Users who are viewing this thread