India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was very much waiting for the Moto G6 Plus but sadly Motorola skipped it in India and overpriced the mediocre G6. So would go with rather powerful and more price to performance devices rather.

I like both these devices very much and am planning to get one, watched a lot of YT videos and researched on blogs too. Now I would love to listen to guys around to have your opinions.

Links to those for specifications and images.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 - (Rs 11000 to 15000[3/32 at 11, 4/64 at 13, 6/64{improved camera} at 15]) Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro - (Rs 15000 for 4/64 and 17000 for 6/64)

**Would opt for a 4/64.

Conversion of INR to USD to give a fair idea to the people who aren't familiar with INR.
11000 - ~$163
13000 - ~$192
15000 - ~$222
17000 - ~$250

FirestrikeSDN

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I believed that Redmi Note 5 Pro is better, but because of the price and specs I found today for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1, then I would surely reccomend to go with Asus one.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I believed that Redmi Note 5 Pro is better, but because of the price and specs I found today for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1, then I would surely reccomend to go with Asus one.
I was like, it is great if I get hold on to any, due to flash sales. Going with Asus actually - its camera's software is an issue though.

FirestrikeSDN

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Are you buying online, are you buying 6gb version. If you are getting the 6gb version please tell me in which online shop you got it.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Are you buying online, are you buying 6gb version. If you are getting the 6gb version please tell me in which online shop you got it.
Not available yet, going with the 4GB one. And strictly recommend not to buy from any other sites than Amazon/Flipkart - some people have 15-17k stuck(read on Google reviews).

FirestrikeSDN

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
O
Not available yet, going with the 4GB one. And strictly recommend not to buy from any other sites than Amazon/Flipkart - some people have 15-17k stuck(read on Google reviews).
Ther consideration is Oppo RealMe 1 6gb RAM version, which costs 13990 on Amazon.in.I am going for it.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
O

Ther consideration is Oppo RealMe 1 6gb RAM version, which costs 13990 on Amazon.in.I am going for it.
Just don't. It doesn't even have Gorilla Glass protection.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Overall Asus is better in specs. First time saw this mobile. Go for it!

But if you want to go with the typical road of buying a phone that is in trend and proven and tested and will likely have more resale value than go with Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Overall Asus is better in specs. First time saw this mobile. Go for it!

But if you want to go with the typical road of buying a phone that is in trend and proven and tested and will likely have more resale value than go with Redmi Note 5 Pro.
We missed the flash sale of 5 pro yesterday. But got the Asus in today's flash sale. @AliB finally succeeded in getting a phone in flash sale. :p

Price: 12,999 INR

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We missed the flash sale of 5 pro yesterday. But got the Asus in today's flash sale. @AliB finally succeeded in getting a phone in flash sale. :p

And I nearly missed. A PS4 (Brand New/No Official Warranty) for $150 2 weeks ago :(
P.S: Dad didn't allowed me.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
And I nearly missed. A PS4 (Brand New/No Official Warranty) for $150 2 weeks ago :(
P.S: Dad didn't allowed me.
You are talking about Jail Break version if I'm not wrong. New console, no warranty, at a cheaper price. Piracy of consoles, report the store details to Sony.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Yea, it was heck of an adventure, me, Bilal and Sod all set and they both ran out of COD and thankfully had a debit card saved... :p

FirestrikeSDN

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Finally I bought the Oppo RealMe 1 for 15500(The price was more because I purchased it from our city store instead of an online store).

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Finally I bought the Oppo RealMe 1 for 15500(The price was more because I purchased it from our city store instead of an online store).
The P60 is indeed a great chip but for nearly 16k, you don't get a dual camera, nor Gorilla Glass, not even a scratch resistant display. That's why I went with Asus, though it doesn't boast a 6 gig variant yet, but its value for money.

FirestrikeSDN

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I just directly went for 6gb ram and the SoC without looking at the other specs, and Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 was mostly unavailable in our region.Also I have read that there is a camera software problem in the Asus one.

Users who are viewing this thread