INVITATION TO PLAYTEST | Ideal Slider Settings

How's the gameplay with my slider?

• Brilliant! Spot on! Five Star Stuff!

• Need Improvement! (Kindly suggest via comment)

• You've ruined the gameplay! Horrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This thread is for playtest, and Further tune-up suggestions.
Let's find out the best possible settings for Sliders, together! Thanks!

This physics slider settings is purely for Men's Cricket!

For Men_Mod_Physics Only.PNG

Got two good games with this.
An F5 (Bowl for both sides) on green top under overcast condition, between Delhi and Islamabad.
test_1_bowling.PNG

And a Test match (Played as Africa) between South Africa & Sri Lanka on a dusty track under Cloudy condition. Huh! It's a batting feast!
test_2_batting.PNG

Naturally, player's overall rating is impacting the gameplay as well. Like, A 90 overall bowler, barely conceding a six, and stuffs like that.
So, fyi, I did this playtest on gillyboy04 & cricket205's county teams, soumyadip's IPL teams & the rest from Llewelkyf & wasteyouryouth1's creation. Women's teams are from Bradalyn & wasteyouryouth1.

This physics slider settings is purely for Women's Cricket!
For Women_mod_Physics Only.PNG
Got two great Women's game as well. Played both on a Soft, Dry, light cracked pitch under bright sunshine. (the T20 is on Worn pitch rather than the light crack)

The Test match between Bangladesh & West Indies (Played as Windies) was spectacular. Tight swing bowling on first hour, then easy to bat on track and finally spinners were difficult to negotiate, on last day! Had to play way too cautiously to get the win.

test_3_wi.PNG

And then this T20. I've bowled for both sides. It was fantastic to watch the pitch, gradually getting slower and difficult to bat on, that denied England the Win, despite a steady start up front.

test_4_bowling.PNG

Kindly give it a playtest & Share your findings! I hope My slider settings can improvise the gameplay as well as your gaming experience!

CnC's are welcome! Thank you!

Last edited:

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Just to get things started, I play on Pro. with Medium batting, Hard Bowling and Hardest Manual fielding! I'm focused on only PHYSICS sliders. My Batting and Bowling modifiers are OFF.
Please have a playtest and share your findings! Thank you! :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

Just to get things started, I play on Pro. with Medium batting, Hard Bowling and Hardest fielding! I'm focused on only PHYSICS sliders. My Batting and Bowling modifiers are OFF.
Please have a playtest and share your findings! Thank you! :)
Hi, it's gran. Any chance you can paste your sliders for the women's game in this thread; https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/posts/3280898/

Thanks for your efforts x

D

Deleted member 46200

Oh Granny! God I missed u a lot!
How are you? Sure! I'll post a link in that thread!
Head hurts and not too bad suffering from life's little problems.

I am looking at the sliders to see if it can balance out the women's game to be more 'realistic' x

Skankhunt 42

Banned
I had played out a solid women's international last night with the settings I've mentioned! Due to shorter boundaries, the only thing that was turning me off, the next to no chance of getting a catch at the boundary line! Most of the well timed, lofted shots were going for a maximum. Tried reducing short power to as low as 12 but sixers were reduced only! no catch at the boundary!
Please do try out and share! :)

And.. take care!

SlogSweep_Tez

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Skankhunt can u increase the carry thou to the keeper in the women's game... without increasing bowlers max stats?

that's my biggest bug bear the carry to the keeper not the short boundary ropes.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Hi Skankhunt can u increase the carry thou to the keeper in the women's game... without increasing bowlers max stats?

that's my biggest bug bear the carry to the keeper not the short boundary ropes.

Great findings! Actually I always bring the keeper UP, in women's game to neutralise the carry issue at the moment! Try that out!

Actually post latest patch, for some reasons, outfield catches are dried up and ball almost always falling short to the fielders! I'll check that tonight after returning from work!

Skankhunt 42

Banned
I've been trying to get a balanced Physics slider settings for both Male & Female Cricket, since it was introduced (DBC17). After a lot of various play tests, I've come up with something which seems to be quite a balanced settings for Ashes Cricket. This thread is for playtest, and Further tune-up suggestions.
Let's find out the best possible settings for Sliders, together! Thanks!

Just Added few changes!
  1. Pace bowling min 79
  2. Pace bowling max 91
  3. Pace bowling swing 69
Nice to see people had viewed the OP. I don't know how many of you actually tried this but, I sincerely inviting you all to playtest, share your findings and improvise. I really hope, we can make the most of those sliders to get a close to perfect gameplay across all formats. Kindly pitch in your two cents.. perhaps more than that! :)

D

Deleted member 46200

Ah! That's fine! I understand My lovely Granny is batting well enough in life's pitch despite having a slow reflex! :p:clap
Take your time! :lol
After next week I'll have more time if I don't get that retail job... Selling men's boxers, take it you're still a 'small'.

Reflexes all good x

Users who are viewing this thread