INVITATION TO PLAYTEST | Ideal Slider Settings

How's the gameplay with my slider?

• Brilliant! Spot on! Five Star Stuff!

• Need Improvement! (Kindly suggest via comment)

• You've ruined the gameplay! Horrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I've been trying to get a balanced Physics slider settings for both Male & Female Cricket, since it was introduced (DBC17). After a lot of various play tests, I've come up with something which seems to be quite a balanced settings for Ashes Cricket. This thread is for playtest, and Further tune-up suggestions.
Let's find out the best possible settings for Sliders, together! Thanks!

This is interesting! I've been faffing about with batting and bowling sliders that it never occurred to me that altering physics sliders might be the way to go. Don't get me wrong. I currently enjoy playing games with my own bowling sliders on but with the batting sliders turned off.....but altering some physics sliders might make my gaming experience even better.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is your spin difficulty? I never bothered about bowling sliders personally because the default window of bowling action seems nice. and for batting sliders, ah! Keep it off! It's a mess!

Last edited:

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Just Added few changes!
  1. Pace bowling min 79
  2. Pace bowling max 91
  3. Pace bowling swing 69
:)

Ahh! Had a horrible female's game with increased pace! After few trial, I found pace bowling min should stay in between 63 to 69.
Max should go down to 75. May be 79 for men's game. Swing seems okay though. May be little reduction required in specific swing conditions! As low as 67 but not less!

rasdan

Club Captain
didnt get a chance to test last night but will today for sure.should i stick with the slider settings in the first post or use your recent changes mate?

SlogSweep_Tez

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
didnt get a chance to test last night but will today for sure.should i stick with the slider settings in the first post or use your recent changes mate?
Confused now? can u post a female/male (mod pic) versions when U get this sorted out later

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Stick with the settings on OP. Play both male and female game. I can assure that female game will work great! While in a men's match, if you feel the game is slow, increase the pace settings a bit, like I posted and increase shot power to 21.[DOUBLEPOST=1531054420][/DOUBLEPOST]I've got somewhat satisfying result at the moment for both types of cricket but this thread is all about setting sliders up, run the play tests and improvise!! Thanks a lot to you guys who are trying it all.

rasdan

Club Captain
Stick with the settings on OP. Play both male and female game. I can assure that female game will work great! While in a men's match, increase the pace settings a bit, like I posted and increase shot power to 21.[DOUBLEPOST=1531054420][/DOUBLEPOST]I've got somewhat satisfying result at the moment for both types of cricket but this thread is all about setting sliders up, run the play tests and improvise!! Thanks a lot to you guys who are trying it all.

thanks bro i think we can make the game feel more realistic through slider experimentation.im am member of the os forum where the community tries to make fifa18 better and its now at a point where its vastly superior to the default slider settings,play feels o much more organic.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
i had to reset my game .....played around with modifiers to much and game went haywire
:lol please stick with the OP. If you want to play around sliders, I'd suggest identify one area and move along. Try to pick and play with one settings, than bunches, is all I meant! :p

For example, if the ball didn't carry, try bringing fielders up. If that looks odd, try increasing delivery speed. If that fails you otherwise, drop that back to the early values and then try decreasing pitch fraction and on and on....!

Skankhunt 42

Banned
OP Edited!
Note: With this slider, I've noticed a significant reduction of that "knick" problem while batting. That's blessings in disguise!

Last edited:

rasdan

Club Captain
looking forward to testing the updated sliders.tried with the old set lat night and found the max bowling speed to be too high and resulted in hyper type bowling,i think it needs to be closer to the base value so shall what its like at 61.nice work mate

Skankhunt 42

Banned
looking forward to testing the updated sliders.tried with the old set lat night and found the max bowling speed to be too high and resulted in hyper type bowling,i think it needs to be closer to the base value so shall what its like at 61.nice work mate

Yup! you've got that right! Initially I was enjoying the speed and It was wonderfully challenging to bat against! Wanted Starc to bowl at 160, and I'll whack it! But gradually it appeared to be unrealistic and less fun!

Skankhunt 42

Banned
But again for ladies, I had to lift that up to 69. Else a fast bowler is bowling like a medium / fast-medium pacer! No fun in that!

Users who are viewing this thread