Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....

D

Dutch

Hey mate I am using your settings with Cricket 19 but of course there are additional possibilities in that game compared to Ashes...wondering if you have worked some more on these settings and whether you have cricket 19 and used the settings there?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’ve replied in the other thread haha, but no. Still not bought 19, but hopefully some of my work is continuing in my honour :-)

stockers75

Club Cricketer
Hey mate I am using your settings with Cricket 19 but of course there are additional possibilities in that game compared to Ashes...wondering if you have worked some more on these settings and whether you have cricket 19 and used the settings there?

Dutch did you manage to find anything like this but for Cricket 19?

D

Dutch

Dutch did you manage to find anything like this but for Cricket 19?
I have used his settings as a bace but have reversed the pitch friction settings: increasing pitch friction each day rather than decreasing; this has a positive effect on creating more danger from spin as the match progresses. Hope this helps!

stockers75

Club Cricketer
I have used his settings as a bace but have reversed the pitch friction settings: increasing pitch friction each day rather than decreasing; this has a positive effect on creating more danger from spin as the match progresses. Hope this helps!

Do you using his pitch friction numbers but have them in reverse or have you found you're on numbers & increasing them? What sliders do you use for pitch friction? Thanks

D

Dutch

Do you using his pitch friction numbers but have them in reverse or have you found you're on numbers & increasing them? What sliders do you use for pitch friction? Thanks
Yeah I use his numbers generally but reverse them depending on in which country the pitch is in.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

so, does increased friction mean higher spin?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thats the theory in principle although it needs to be more thoroughly verified

ok I was wondering about this. I recently finished a test that went into 5th day (although it finished in like 2nd or 3rd over of 5th day). I felt that my spinner was more of a threat in the first inns (2nd of the match, days 2/3) than the last inns (4th of the match, day 4)

D

Dutch

ok I was wondering about this. I recently finished a test that went into 5th day (although it finished in like 2nd or 3rd over of 5th day). I felt that my spinner was more of a threat in the first inns (2nd of the match, days 2/3) than the last inns (4th of the match, day 4)
Was that without adjusting the sliders?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My settings are based on the @wasteyouryouth school of thought. Maybe he can chip here in too.

Cheers... I’ll read this thread a bit more 2.

tbf I had a very enjoyable game on default, but did feel the sense of deterioration wasn’t there, which was a shame as the visuals for once was there

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My settings are based on the @wasteyouryouth school of thought. Maybe he can chip here in too.
I don't do the whole change the settings every day thing. I wouldn't remember to do it, so there's no point. I would say, for those that do, isn't there an argument for reducing the pitch a little at the change of innings when a roller would be used?

I think bounce is a bit lousy with spinners in general. The ball just doesn't get up like it does for a seamer. That is more of an issue for me. With spinners you get shin to knee high bounce, if you increase that you end up getting wildly high bounce for seamers and it brings in the four bye issues again. Although there are times when you see a spinner ripping it on Day 1 on a pitch you would not expect it and not ripping it on ones you would.

Just had a little play around and tried reducing Spin Drift to 0 and I got almost a ball height more bounce. Was only one delivery but that might be something worth pursuing, for me anyway. spin drift.png

The only sliders that I think are going to help the pitch, or effect of the ball off the pitch, are:

Pitch Friction - this increases the grip of the ball when it bounces on the pitch. So it's going to stick more and I'd assume react to what's going on with the ball more (e.g. a lot of revs, more spin just seems to create more grip, so more spin. You can reduce the spin revolutions but, being a stickler as I am, I don't see bowlers getting less spin because they don't rev a ball as much on certain pitches and on other they do.
Pitch Bounce
Ball Friction
Ball Bounce

Spin Revs - personally I don't think it's realistic for a spinner to bowl less revs because they are on a certain pitch, so it's up to the person changing if they want to do that.
Pace Revs the same - it'll change things, but you're essentially minimising the influence the player has on the ball, rather than the physics of the ball/pitch.

Not that either spin or pace revs couldn't be increased or decreased to get a more realistic delivery. I actually think cutters are a little undercooked.

I don't know how much pitch friction effects seam - I see grass making the biggest difference there. Maybe cutters though.

Bowling speed might too, I've noticed a bit more bounce with higher bowling speeds. But I've not tested a great deal. In general I have nearly always played on default settings, when I up the pace I get the byes and wides. So I don't go too high.

If I was going to modifiy the ball friction or ball bounce I'd probably do it on the basis of increasing ball bounce for England the West Indies or another Dukes ball using country.

Or you can tweak away at the PF, PB, BF, BB until a better balance is found but that'd probably take a lot of testing.

The spin bowling modifiers are related to the actual bowling modifiers you use when you control the player.

'Spin Bowling Bounce: Increasing this slider will increase the amount of bounce that spin can get when using the bounce modifier.'

Turn Spin Bowling Bounce up to 100 and then bowl one with the Bounce modifier and you'll get an absolute dart. But for other balls it'll be the same

There is also the fact that I think with the sliders you are, like with the AI difficulty, reducing from a specific base. So 0 won't be no bounce, it'll be 50 less bounce than you get on, for example, a Grassy/Hard pitch. That's an assumption I'm not 100% on it but it seems consistent.

There's probably more going on with pitches and conditions than in the past, but I don't know how well it works or comes across. And I think a lot of us will make a judgement after one game or session instead of over multiple matches on different surfaces or conditions.

Last edited:

Isura

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I tried these yesterday. I usually bad on medium default settings with only 30 hours played, so I suck lol. These are a big challenge. I played as India vs Australia in Australia. It was a struggle just to survive. I managed to get to 120 or so at 2 rpo. Second innings was day 2 and batting felt easier. Ball friction from 50 to 45 made facing fast bowling more manageable. I had to up the timing window to 80 and still the biggest challenge always being late with timing. The pitch and ball physics are really nice. Great variety of dismissals. One dismissal Cummins bowled a beauty just outside off and Kohli had tiny edge to the keeper defending. This is the first cricket game where defending felt risky.

Users who are viewing this thread