Batting too easy on Hard/Hardest difficulty levels

grkrama

National Board President
I make 4-5 6s with 38 Ability Career player DBC 17 Batting was more balanced

It would be usefull to put the dificulties you are playing in and if you have played the latest build.

on hardest its certainly not 4-5-6 sixses at the movement at all imo.

It certainly needs improvement and balance.

The thing is its only a few parts of batting that are easy and just need to be corrected, overall the batting is actually challenging at hardest.

If you add edges against seam and swing with pace on green and crumbly, newball on all pitches. Visual deviations of the ball.

Have the sixes coming of top part of bat sorted and increase difficulty of perfect connectivity to sixes.

Reduce power of legglance six[the power of this needs to be reduced a lot] and front foot squaredrive

increase bowling pace to 160 kph

Add leading edges for legglance mistiming, add underedge and topedge to horizontal batshots.

Increase the power of backfoot drives and their connectivity.

remove slog sweep animation for normal sweeps.

Better Ai field selection.

More bowling of AI in goodlength and in corridor mainly for tests. like this
20171211091035_1-jpg.201632

These is would give a solid batting experience from now on.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If you add edges against seam and swing with pace on green and crumbly, newball on all pitches. Visual deviations of the ball.

Have the sixes coming of top part of bat sorted and increase difficulty of perfect connectivity to sixes.

Reduce power of legglance six[the power of this needs to be reduced a lot] and front foot squaredrive

Add leading edges for legglance mistiming, add underedge and topedge to horizontal batshots.

Are these things currently being added and tried out on the batting side? If yes, then looks like the game would be so much better post the next patch.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
It would be usefull to put the dificulties you are playing in and if you have played the latest build.

The thing is its only a few parts of batting that are easy and just need to be corrected, overall the batting is actually challenging at hardest.

Super post

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Are these things currently being added and tried out on the batting side? If yes, then looks like the game would be so much better post the next patch.
Probably have to wait for a long time for all of this to happen provided they are listening,but as of now it's wishful thinking..No choice but to wish and wait and see watsup.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

Add genuine inside edges on drives as well and even some hitting the stumps , also few going past WK for 4..

Leg glance slog power need not be reduced too much because the pace takes the ball to long distance, it needs to be balanced to travel according to the speed..

Edges of swing and seam definitely needs to make a return..Mainly on the drives both for AI and player..

Increase power of backfoot drives and connectivity is really important..

And you covered all the aspects which make already a great game greatest...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Haven't been reading last few pages but I don't see how batting is too easy because when I set the modifiers all to 100 I couldn't get bat on ball once, so can't we work from 100 down to a playable but challenging level or am I missing something?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Lack of edges is the big thing for me. Seems strange something so important in cricket was omitted from this game??

I dont understand I edge the ball a lot when batting even my perfect timed shots get edged ? I play on legend

DeadShot

Club Captain
THey are there, my videos show it. I think I'm certain pitches they are way way way to infrequent. Or something almost stops them from happening.
Agree. Even it happened for me. Got out couple of times to 2nd slip and wicket keeper driving outside off. I felt good and challenged. But all of a sudden, edges stopped happening. I was able to drive without any edges.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
THey are there, my videos show it. I think I'm certain pitches they are way way way to infrequent. Or something almost stops them from happening.

Exactly. After I used your game sliders I got enough edges even on good timing when I play wrong line or off timing. Then I started a new test match to test with the new ball on a green top but I didn't even got a single edge. I tried adjusting the shot difficulty, foot difficulty it makes the game difficult but the edges are gone totally. Need to try in different combinations to understand when it works and when it doesn't.

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
Some are getting edges by adjusting the sliders which is good however, unfortunately I dont seem to edge the ball even if I intentionally try to mistime the ball, play on the up drives or whatever, its a rare event.

Sliders are good thing to modify the game but in my opinion edges should be part of the game even without adjusting the sliders as its something which is core part of cricket and we should not be needed to create the scenarios to get edges. DBC 17 as I mentioned earlier was pretty good with edges while batting. So fingers crossed, I hope its sorted in the next patch.

Scotsman1975

School Cricketer
Must be the weather or pitch conditions? Maybe when it’s overcast and the ball is swinging more. It shouldn’t be this way. Edges are a product of bad timing and some ball movement, irrespective of conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread