Temporary fix for adjusting Ball Marker Display Time Modifier for Hard/Hardest Batting level

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Folks,
Wanted to mention a temporary/short term fix regarding adjusting Ball Marker Display Time or any other batting related gameplay modifier at Hard/hardest difficulty level for batting. Currently when you want to tweak ball Marker Display Time to say 30 from the default 23 on Hard/Hardest Batting difficulty the batting becomes impossible. The problem is that the gameplay modifier values for batting are not calibrated or mapped properly for Hard/Hardest. The game shows that Batting gameplay modifiers are 75 for Hard and 100 for hardest but that mapping is incorrect.

Here's what you need to do. Say you are batting on 'Hard' and want to increase the Ball Marker Display Time so you can see the ball marker early...

1. Go to Settings->Gameplay Modifiers and Enable the gameplay modifiers for Hard.
2. Change Ball Marker Display Time to 30 or any other value you want.
3. Also change other batting related gameplay modifiers to 60 instead of 75. This is the key. In case you find batting easy, increase all batting related modifiers by a couple of points or drop them a couple of points if you find it tough till you find your sweet spot.

Here's the mapping of Batting difficulty levels to Batting gameplay modifiers based on my experience with DBC 17 and Ashes Cricket and use it as a reference point for your calibration...

Medium - Batting gameplay modifiers set to 50
Hard - Batting gameplay modifiers set to 60 (or late 50s)
Hardest - Batting gameplay modifiers set to 65 (or anywhere from early 60s to late 60s)

This should help you till Big Ant fix the gameplay modifiers and map them correctly to the OOB difficulty levels.

Last edited:

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
In a nutshell - is this why im finding batting on hard much harder than on previous games?

As it stands the hard setting is incorrectly giving me hardest - basically?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Folks,
Wanted to mention a temporary/short term fix regarding adjusting Ball Marker Display Time or any other batting related gameplay modifier at Hard/hardest difficulty level for batting. Currently when you want to tweak ball Marker Display Time to say 30 from the default 23 on Hard/Hardest Batting difficulty the batting becomes impossible. The problem is that the gameplay modifier values for batting are not caliberated or mapped properly for Hard/Hardest. The game shows that Batting gameplay modifiers are 75 for Hard and 100 for hardest but that mapping is incorrect.

Here's what you need to do. Say you are batting on 'Hard' and want to increase the Ball Marker Display Time so you can see the ball marker early...

1. Go to Settings->Gameplay Modifiers and Enable the gameplay modifiers for Hard.
2. Change Ball Marker Display Time to 30 or any other value you want.
3. Also change other batting related gameplay modifiers to 60 instead of 75. This is the key. In case you find batting easy, increase all batting related modifiers by a couple of points or drop them a couple of points if you find it tough till you find your sweet spot.

Here's the mapping of Batting difficulty levels to Batting gameplay modifiers based on my experience with DBC 17 and Ashes Cricket and use it as a reference point for your caliberation...

Medium - Batting gameplay modifiers set to 50
Hard - Batting gameplay modifiers set to 60 (or late 50s)
Hardest - Batting gameplay modifiers set to 65 (or anywhere from early 60s to late 60s)

This should help you till Big Ant fix the gameplay modifiers and map them correctly to the OOB difficulty levels.
I think fixing these modifiers must be very complex as the same was never fixed in dbc 17. If they fix it nothing like it. But in case its not possible, i guess a good fix would be add one more difficulty (maybe name it harder or whatever) with ball marker display time value of hard and all other settings same as hardest. Just a thought

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
In a nutshell - is this why im finding batting on hard much harder than on previous games?

As it stands the hard setting is incorrectly giving me hardest - basically?

If you've enabled gameplay modifiers on 'Hard' (with default batting modifier values 75) then yeah you would be playing at a much higher difficulty level than what it says. At least that was my experience.

kulch

Club Captain
So the sliders don't work properly on hard/hardest? Any confirmation from the devs?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
So the sliders don't work properly on hard/hardest? Any confirmation from the devs?

They work but the calibration is off. So instead of 'Hard' being 75 for gameplay modifiers, it would most likely be 60 or so. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Physics sliders work like they should (pace min, max, pitch friction, shot force, etc). But if you enable batting sliders (batting timing, shot selection, bowl quality, foot selection) "on" at hard/hardest you have to adjust them down to 60 and tweak from there, or else you wont hit a ball.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
If you've enabled gameplay modifiers on 'Hard' (with default batting modifier values 75) then yeah you would be playing at a much higher difficulty level than what it says. At least that was my experience.
Just had an odd experience with this.

Adjusted the modifiers to 30 for Ball Display, and 60 for all batting slider, played a game and almost every shot was now a "late miss timing", when theres no way i was late on them, balls i was timing just fine on default hard no slider adjustments.

Went back to default, all fine again.

How weird.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Just had an odd experience with this.

Adjusted the modifiers to 30 for Ball Display, and 60 for all batting slider, played a game and almost every shot was now a "late miss timing", when theres no way i was late on them, balls i was timing just fine on default hard no slider adjustments.

Went back to default, all fine again.

How weird.

Then lower the sliders a bit more to find your sweet spot.

Users who are viewing this thread