New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Day 1 should normally be a bit tricky.

Day 3 is the Best Day for Batting , but from there it should become worse , with Day 5 a real Test.

Currently , you do not really notice that progression to be honest.

i don't think it should be as simple as that... if you start with a dry pitch, and it's hot weather, i don't think day 3 will be the best for batting.

the starting conditions, the weather, and the number of overs per day should all have an effect

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just seen the Steam comments for the patch. It's basically one guy ranting for three pages, haha! Having said that, is the game actually worth getting now, or is it still worth holding on? The high price on Steam is really off-putting for me after what happened with DBC 17, and I'm getting to the point where I feel like what if I buy it six months after release as it's being improved, only for problems to persist and then they just spring a new game on us again next year anyway? The new gameplay tweaks sound good, but I'm vaguely wondering about just going back to my old DBC games. I haven't actually played anything since this one came out, I don't think, but I'm just not sure whether it's worth the money or not?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Just seen the Steam comments for the patch. It's basically one guy ranting for three pages, haha! Having said that, is the game actually worth getting now, or is it still worth holding on? The high price on Steam is really off-putting for me after what happened with DBC 17, and I'm getting to the point where I feel like what if I buy it six months after release as it's being improved, only for problems to persist and then they just spring a new game on us again next year anyway? The new gameplay tweaks sound good, but I'm vaguely wondering about just going back to my old DBC games. I haven't actually played anything since this one came out, I don't think, but I'm just not sure whether it's worth the money or not?

Pretty much where I am at the moment. If it were £30 I'd be tempted to take the plunge but with it still being £50 and with issues still around I just can't bring myself to spend it.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Pretty much where I am at the moment. If it were £30 I'd be tempted to take the plunge but with it still being £50 and with issues still around I just can't bring myself to spend it.

discounting the game is a totally f*cked strategy, if you don't like Cricket you won't buy it at $1, if you like Cricket you will buy it.

If you like cricket you will buy it. ;)

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
You can get a PS4 disk version for £17 here. It is where I ordered from

edit: sorry just read he wanted it on steam

D

Deleted member 185125

My first ODI on the new patch. Rain affected match reduced to 40 overs a side. Batted on hard difficulty, was expecting South Africa (AI) to chase down 231. Some really brilliant dismissals. Bowling highlights below.

I'm enjoying bowling in the new patch. I guess the problem is only with certain pitches.

Kevin S

Club Cricketer
What is the most common type of dismissal for y'all while batting on Hard/Hardest difficulties???

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
One thing that needs fixing for online is the noobs who use 100/100/100.

1> a option for default teams only
2> The guys who switch the delivery type at the very last second.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One thing that needs fixing for online is the noobs who use 100/100/100.

1> a option for default teams only
2> The guys who switch the delivery type at the very last second.
There's an option for that called Normalise Skills at the online game set up screen , which makes both the teams equally skilled..

As for the second point, its something thats done in real life too, we have to counter that, adds to realism IMO..

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
There's an option for that called Normalise Skills at the online game set up screen , which makes both the teams equally skilled..

As for the second point, its something thats done in real life too, we have to counter that, adds to realism IMO..

Its a glitch because it doesn't always work. red then flashes blue.

Yeah I know about normalise but no one joins and everyone has it off.

Ranked online shouldn't be custom teams anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread