New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rackemup27

Club Cricketer
New patch is great. I'm looking forward to seeing swing back but I have to say I hope its not the banana swing it used to be.

One thing I'd love to see added would be the ability to play as a single player in tour mode as you can in ashes mode. I understand you can do that in career but its annoying when I eventually play for England players like Jimmy Anderson and Broad have been replaced by some long haired bearded ginger vikings.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Lunch day 3 in a rebel 4 day test

hfObdxp.jpg

This pitch has little or no seam so none of the cartoonish movement. This enables more of the improvements to come through.

18GAXfF.jpg

Mentalities come through well as seen above - Cook balanced, Kirsten aggressive, Pollock brute. Fotheringgam precise didn't stay in long enough to see although first innings he was 50 from 154.

What this gives is something I've wanted from dbc14 in terms of real variety and makes you "captain". I've slowed down Kirsten by pushing the field out and Pollock is already making me spread the field even earlier... so much better. I'm not seeing "attributes" in terms of players playing differently, although skills in terms of outcome appears to come through well. I will maybe spend some time skilling another team and seeing if I can see that difference in how they play, but the mentality difference and that feeling of considering tactics is very pleasing.

Not seeing pitch deterioration. I know I'm only at day 3 but it's 100 over days so I am 236 overs into the match but it's playing very true.

My position on the patch is much more positive than after the first play.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Here's my first day of a new 05 Test match playing as Australia. Dry/Hard/Pristine wicket, weirdly they chose to bowl. Veteran starting out on custom batting difficulty (basically between medium and hard) and ended first session 140-1, so I bumped it up to hard for the rest of the day.

Xqyjp5s.jpg

Wickets were bowled off the body, 2 edges to the keeper and Clarke's a horrible mistimed chip to mid-wicket.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've had a bit more of a play. I've found a ok balance with batting on Hardest and the modifiers set to whatever the lower difficulty is - it seems to give me the latest possible appearance for the pitch marker. However, the following things are frustrating:

Defensive shots, even more than before the patch. It feels like 9/10 times instead of a forward defensive the batsman does a little waft towards the leg side. This may be something to do with when I press the defensive button, I often push it with or after the shot stick. Perhaps I need to practice my timing, but I'd like the ability to adjust shot decisions on the fly rather than pre-meditate, which is how it feels. I've been bowled several times because they just dab/waft to leg side at straight balls.

Quite often it feels like my shot choices are being over-ridden, maybe it's my controller, maybe it's my timing but it frequently feels as though the end result of a shot is nowhere near my intented region (e.g. going for cut strokes and getting pulls or more often than not the leg side dab/waft.

AI bowling needs to be bumped up 5-10% in pace. Consistently the fast medium come trundling in with 75-80mph balls when I could bowl 5-10mph faster with those bowlers.

Run outs - I've had a player run out just standing outside his crease and the AI seems to be plagued by them.

I'd done a few more tweaks to my NZ and England teams and was looking to give it a good work out but the above issues are really bugging me.

Current assessment:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ndschan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've had a bit more of a play. I've found a ok balance with batting on Hardest and the modifiers set to whatever the lower difficulty is - it seems to give me the latest possible appearance for the pitch marker. However, the following things are frustrating:

Defensive shots, even more than before the patch. It feels like 9/10 times instead of a forward defensive the batsman does a little waft towards the leg side. This may be something to do with when I press the defensive button, I often push it with or after the shot stick. Perhaps I need to practice my timing, but I'd like the ability to adjust shot decisions on the fly rather than pre-meditate, which is how it feels. I've been bowled several times because they just dab/waft to leg side at straight balls.

Quite often it feels like my shot choices are being over-ridden, maybe it's maybe controller, maybe it's my timing but it frequently feels as though the end result of a shot is nowhere near my intented region (e.g. going for cut strokes and getting pulls or more often than not the leg side dab/waft.

AI bowling needs to be bumped up 5-10% in pace. Consistently the fast medium come trundling in with 75-80mph balls when I could bowl 5-10mph faster with those bowlers.

Run outs - I've had a play run out just standing outside his crease and the AI seems to be plagued by them.

I'd done a few more tweaks to my NZ and England teams and was looking to give it a good work out but the above issues are really bugging me.

Current assessment:

giphy.gif
@wasteyouryouth correct me if am wrong if you put Batting Modifier on, it overrides your set Batting difficulty. What are the timing settings you using? The said symptoms happen with me with timing set higher. That effectively means I have to pre-meditate even before ball is bowled. Will be interesting to know, when the batsmen is making the mess of shots you want him/her to play, whats timing input, is it Late or Late Miss most of the times

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Lunch day 3 in a rebel 4 day Test

This pitch has little or no seam so none of the cartoonish movement. This enables more of the improvements to come through.Mentalities come through well as seen above - Cook balanced, Kirsten aggressive, Pollock brute. Fotheringgam precise didn't stay in long enough to see although first innings he was 50 from 154.

What this gives is something I've wanted from dbc14 in terms of real variety and makes you "captain". I've slowed down Kirsten by pushing the field out and Pollock is already making me spread the field even earlier... so much better. I'm not seeing "attributes" in terms of players playing differently, although skills in terms of outcome appears to come through well. I will maybe spend some time skilling another team and seeing if I can see that difference in how they play, but the mentality difference and that feeling of considering tactics is very pleasing.

Not seeing pitch deterioration. I know I'm only at day 3 but it's 100 over days so I am 236 overs into the match but it's playing very true.

My position on the patch is much more positive than after the first play.

Same this side.

Think its balanced nicely for Tests.

Only thing is, like youve mentioned, the Pitch Deterioration (and the effect it has on the Game) is very hard to see. The little good that happens, gets over ridden by the Huge Confidence Carry over into the second Innings, resulting in 2nd Innings scores alot of times eclipsing 1st innings scores. Should be the other way round ?

Short form Cricket needs attention as mentioned before with the Aerial Shot Timing Window too tiny for any aerial shot ideas (This is on Veteran and Legend Online Difficulty, Pro is again too easy from my own perspective).

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
The patch is best suited for test format gameplay, getting out cheaply in t20 n odi if try lofted shots

Currently I just bat on different difficulties depending on format.

For ODIs (haven't tried a t20 yet) I have it on Medium but with modifiers set to between 55-65.

For tests I've been batting on Hard but might even put it up to hardest.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Same this side.

Think its balanced nicely for Tests.

Only thing is, like youve mentioned, the Pitch Deterioration (and the effect it has on the Game) is very hard to see. The little good that happens, gets over ridden by the Huge Confidence Carry over into the second Innings, resulting in 2nd Innings scores alot of times eclipsing 1st innings scores. Should be the other way round ?

Short form Cricket needs attention as mentioned before with the Aerial Shot Timing Window too tiny for any aerial shot ideas (This is on Veteran and Legend Online Difficulty, Pro is again too easy from my own perspective).

Starting to see additional seam.movement maybe as I get late on day 3. But it started as a dry pitch so if have expected spin to be more of a threat.

Admittedly I've gone up from medium to hard between inns but South Africa have gone from 334 all out to 357/2.

The high confidence carry over is really a problem.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@wasteyouryouth correct me if am wrong if you put Batting Modifier on, it overrides your set Batting difficulty. What are the timing settings you using? The said symptoms happen with me with timing set higher. That effectively means I have to pre-meditate even before ball is bowled. Will be interesting to know, when the batsmen is making the mess of shots you want him/her to play, whats timing input, is it Late or Late Miss most of the times
To be honest I'm uncertain exactly how the modifiers work in relation to difficulty that might not be covered in the options you can adjust. The pitch marker, which is all I use, does not appear to be adjustable unless the batting difficulty is changed. So I have that on hardest and the other batting modifiers at about 70ish. I think. I have the top one (which relates to other markers at 10). I'm not at the PC so I can't say for certain.

I've turned off the timing feedback and the 'false' shots are something I've only noticed being more prominent since then. They may have been there before. I thought I was perhaps not pushing the stick with enough vigour, or letting go too soon. But it made no difference when I was more forceful which makes me think it must be timing, footwork or something else. Straight/off/cover drives are where I'm finding the problem to be prevalent.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Starting to see additional seam.movement maybe as I get late on day 3. But it started as a dry pitch so if have expected spin to be more of a threat.

Admittedly I've gone up from medium to hard between inns but South Africa have gone from 334 all out to 357/2.

The high confidence carry over is really a problem.

It is and it isn’t as I have bowled them out cheaper on numerous occasions. Something not quite right though..

It’s suggesting your pitch has got better for batting on. Which some are meant to do

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It is and it isn’t as I have bowled them out cheaper on numerous occasions. Something not quite right though..

It’s suggesting your pitch has got better for batting on. Which some are meant to do

That's fair enough I suppose. I certainly haven't had the play hours you'd have had to see that variety.

I'm about head in to the last session of day 3. It's not totally unreasonable for day 3 to be best for batting but equally I have 100 over days so the pitch is 270 overs old, which equates to 4 test match days, and it started dry, so I would challenge the realism there in terms of it still being good to bat on. But it was noticeable it began to seam more about half way through the middle session, and increased when I took the new ball. That's all good, but a pity there was no threat with the spinner.

Bowling without swing is a ball ache though and i am glad BA addressed that so quickly - there's no way I would still be playing if I didn't know it was sorted and coming to consoles asap.

Tell you what i do like though - I've two high rated batsmen, one last his 150 and the other closing in on it, one aggressive and one brute, and trying to restrict the scoring is bloody hard. I really like having that challenge.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Day 1 should normally be a bit tricky.

Day 3 is the Best Day for Batting , but from there it should become worse , with Day 5 a real Test.

Currently , you do not really notice that progression to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread