Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.10), Xbox One (1.0.0.11)

N Jones

Club Captain
Some of the worst part in career mode are:

1. Not getting wickets in ODI and T20, bowling averages are above 40-50.
2. AI batting No deep catches happening either ball lands safely or goes for six.
3. Game physics issue not matter where you edge the ball the balls goes in gully direction.
No edges going towards mid wicket region or square leg.
4. Balls goes through your bat ridiculous animation and gets caught.
5. Batsman does not drag the bat in when you quickly say no to a single.
6. AI batsman not playing lofted shots even when you have wickets in hand or in death overs.
7. Worst of all issues is ODI looking unplayable its like WIN the TOSS = WIN the MATCH because of simulation happening at rapid pace , if the first innings total is 300 or above also chasing team is doing it in 20-25 overs ridiculous stupid ... I question on this if any testing team really exists ? All platforms simulatable issue this is and not caught?
8. No WORLD CUP in a 50 over Format? What the hell is happening?
9. No proper field placements in ODI and T20 formats.

Now I am writing this out of frustration as I play more and more matches in career mode. I have been consoling myself saying wait patch will come...but to my surprise Tennis is getting patches patches and patches what the hell happening with cricket guys why not Ashes getting patched like Tennis?
Now it seems like we are begging for a ashes patch?

Only one question to @BigAntStudios @MattW

How do want me to play the career mode with above issues please guide me , I will follow your suggestions to play the game?

Please let me know a way to play career mode with above issues what make it interesting?

Please don’t give a suggestion to stop playing career mode , Kindly patch it...

Please note I am just showing my concern ...

We will enjoy playing the game until your next Ashes game launches , we will definitely purchase that also .

You games are very excellent only needs tweaks here and here that’s it. Thanks!
I'm just playing an ODI as England against Australia. I reckon I'm gonna put on a score of 350 plus in 50 overs so I'll be interested to see how the AI (Australia) respond..with regards to frustrating issues my biggest one is the bloody overthrow's that's STILL HAPPENING using manual fielding

N Jones

Club Captain
I honestly dont feel slower balls are more effective,imo its more down to bowling the right ball at the right time.im playing as england v aus in ashes and i win 1st test convincingly.bowled them out for 140 odd(veteran difficulty) focusing on bowling around 4th,5th,6th stump and setting a ring on the offside.Bowling three or four accurate standard deliveries then throwing in an inswinger often gives the AI problems.Also if you hit the pads,be sure to bowl a good effort ball or inswinger as this is also something that brings results and can also be good when a new batsmen comes to the crease.Im not saying slower balls arent effective but no evidence they are more dangerous than others in my experience.Almost forgot,I use sam curran instead of woakes as i like the balance of having a lefty bowling,especially to the aussies who have a few lefty batsmen.When its swinging curran is very dangerous
Think I'll try your bowling techniques n see what happens

saumil007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys can someone help me. When I play with easy difficulty it's very very easy to play and when I switch to medium difficulty I can barely hit a boundary. Can someone please recommend me best settings/sliders? It's very frustrating to play right now

Also when I play 10 overs or 20 overs game vs AI the AI doesn't put up a challenging target on Legend Ai difficulty

rasdan

Club Captain
Not good so far..I'm bowling and Yorkshire are 178-0..I've tried varying up the delivery's but nothing

hmm ive never had a team racked up that many without losing wickets and its really hard to comment as ive not seen your gameplay.Patience,a good line and bowling a different type of delivery once an over at the right time is key.Personally,i often get the feeling i should bowl a certain ball at a certain time and it has paid dividends for me but patience is the main thing along with a good field.can you tell me exactly how you have set your field for pace bwlers first of all?
Also when the cpu batsmen plays and misses or gets smacked on the pads,follow it up with an accurate inswinger or an effort ball.i would say i get 2 or 3 wickets per inings using this method

Damien Braganza

School Cricketer
The original point, and mine, was being made about career mode, which yields no edges. That is making the mode unplayable.

I have been facing this problem as well. The edges have completely dried up. I think there should be AI edge slider just like the human edge slider they introduced in the last patch or prior to that. Also the drop catching “feature” is ridiculous imho.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
How many of you are facing these kind of thing. This happens to me atleast one in every match.

@MattW @BigAntStudios please have a look into this issue and correct this.

Ball passing bat as if bat does not exists is quite irritating. Thanks!

All the time, except in my case, the ball goes through the bat and takes an edge!!!

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I will not count that as dismissal, I always quit the game and re start from saved.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
There is no on screen collision detection. The game works out the result from your input, then draws it.

If they fix this, it will show you fractionally missing the ball with the bat rather than a successful defensive.

D

Deleted member 185125

There is no on screen collision detection. The game works out the result from your input, then draws it.

If they fix this, it will show you fractionally missing the ball with the bat rather than a successful defensive.
So it (dismissal) shouldn't be happening if all the timing input is on Ideal?

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, assuming I'm up to date I don't think you're supposed to miss the ball with 3 "ideal".

ndschan

Club Captain
The original point, and mine, was being made about career mode, which yields no edges. That is making the mode unplayable.
Am using Custom controls Hardest, Timing 10, others set to 80, Bowler Pace Max = 70, Pace Min = 60
Gives good experience

Users who are viewing this thread