Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.10), Xbox One (1.0.0.11)

D

Dutch

That in itself is an issue though, who wants to continually bowl slower deliveries. But it would need BA or franco (PC version) to resolve...…...
But it needs more emperical evidence: how many games played x and how many y etc.......I just bowl all delivery types, mostly standard straight seam and get realistic games and scores

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But it needs more emperical evidence: how many games played x and how many y etc.......I just bowl all delivery types, mostly standard straight seam and get realistic games and scores
yes that's absolutely right of course, there are so many variables to every aspect of the game its sometimes impossible to get mass agreement on anything

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you get wickets of edges to keeper and slips in career mode ?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Do you get wickets of edges to keeper and slips in career mode ?
I don't get any. I think career mode works differently maybe? because I get them in normal competition. No edges in career mode though. This has made me put the game down. No edges and no world cup makes it unplayable for me personally. It's a shame really because I was quite enjoying it before this patch came. Not sure why it was pushed out to be honest.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Some of the worst part in career mode are:

1. Not getting wickets in ODI and T20, bowling averages are above 40-50.
2. AI batting No deep catches happening either ball lands safely or goes for six.
3. Game physics issue not matter where you edge the ball the balls goes in gully direction.
No edges going towards mid wicket region or square leg.
4. Balls goes through your bat ridiculous animation and gets caught.
5. Batsman does not drag the bat in when you quickly say no to a single.
6. AI batsman not playing lofted shots even when you have wickets in hand or in death overs.
7. Worst of all issues is ODI looking unplayable its like WIN the TOSS = WIN the MATCH because of simulation happening at rapid pace , if the first innings total is 300 or above also chasing team is doing it in 20-25 overs ridiculous stupid ... I question on this if any testing team really exists ? All platforms simulatable issue this is and not caught?
8. No WORLD CUP in a 50 over Format? What the hell is happening?
9. No proper field placements in ODI and T20 formats.

Now I am writing this out of frustration as I play more and more matches in career mode. I have been consoling myself saying wait patch will come...but to my surprise Tennis is getting patches patches and patches what the hell happening with cricket guys why not Ashes getting patched like Tennis?
Now it seems like we are begging for a ashes patch?

Only one question to @BigAntStudios @MattW

How do want me to play the career mode with above issues please guide me , I will follow your suggestions to play the game?

Please let me know a way to play career mode with above issues what make it interesting?

Please don’t give a suggestion to stop playing career mode , Kindly patch it...

Please note I am just showing my concern ...

We will enjoy playing the game until your next Ashes game launches , we will definitely purchase that also .

You games are very excellent only needs tweaks here and here that’s it. Thanks!

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
These issues are game breaking for me and I don't feel like playing the game anymore, but my no means this should be looked as a criticism but only concern from a fan. I hope these issues can be addressed in future updates or titles.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If they can get this sorted career mode would be genius... there should be a separate fix patch dedicated to career mode . Now we are almost completing 1 year.

mani761

Club Captain

2. AI batting No deep catches happening either ball lands safely or goes for six.
3. Game physics issue not matter where you edge the ball the balls goes in gully direction.
6. AI batsman not playing lofted shots even when you have wickets in hand or in death overs.
7. Worst of all issues is ODI looking unplayable its like WIN the TOSS = WIN the MATCH because of simulation happening at rapid pace , if the first innings total is 300 or above also chasing team is doing it in 20-25 overs ridiculous stupid ... I question on this if any testing team really exists ? All platforms simulatable issue this is and not caught?

Now I am writing this out of frustration as I play more and more matches in career mode. I have been consoling myself saying wait patch will come...but to my surprise Tennis is getting patches patches and patches what the hell happening with cricket guys why not Ashes getting patched like Tennis?

How do want me to play the career mode with above issues please guide me , I will follow your suggestions to play the game?

Please let me know a way to play career mode with above issues what make it interesting?

We will enjoy playing the game until your next Ashes game launches , we will definitely purchase that also .

Same here bro

Mondy

Club Captain

Agree with most of the criticism. At the very minimum the AI pacing means that career mode is broken.

rasdan

Club Captain
I honestly dont feel slower balls are more effective,imo its more down to bowling the right ball at the right time.im playing as england v aus in ashes and i win 1st test convincingly.bowled them out for 140 odd(veteran difficulty) focusing on bowling around 4th,5th,6th stump and setting a ring on the offside.Bowling three or four accurate standard deliveries then throwing in an inswinger often gives the AI problems.Also if you hit the pads,be sure to bowl a good effort ball or inswinger as this is also something that brings results and can also be good when a new batsmen comes to the crease.Im not saying slower balls arent effective but no evidence they are more dangerous than others in my experience.Almost forgot,I use sam curran instead of woakes as i like the balance of having a lefty bowling,especially to the aussies who have a few lefty batsmen.When its swinging curran is very dangerous

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I honestly dont feel slower balls are more effective,imo its more down to bowling the right ball at the right time.im playing as england v aus in ashes and i win 1st test convincingly.bowled them out for 140 odd(veteran difficulty) focusing on bowling around 4th,5th,6th stump and setting a ring on the offside.Bowling three or four accurate standard deliveries then throwing in an inswinger often gives the AI problems.Also if you hit the pads,be sure to bowl a good effort ball or inswinger as this is also something that brings results and can also be good when a new batsmen comes to the crease.Im not saying slower balls arent effective but no evidence they are more dangerous than others in my experience.Almost forgot,I use sam curran instead of woakes as i like the balance of having a lefty bowling,especially to the aussies who have a few lefty batsmen.When its swinging curran is very dangerous

Do you get dismissals of edges to slip and keeper in this process?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
yes mate lots of edges to keeper and slips.i would say majority of dismissals are edges to keeper/slip followed by lbws
Is that in career mode?[DOUBLEPOST=1535343417][/DOUBLEPOST]
Agree with most of the criticism. At the very minimum the AI pacing means that career mode is broken.
This pacing (easy chasing at almost 10 an over) also happens in competition leading to some weird results.

Users who are viewing this thread