New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dutch

AI currently 530+ ahead and still batting 11 overs into final day...
Ha Ha they know they only need 30 overs against you.....in all seriousness its the “little” things like this that break immersion and the game.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ha Ha they know they only need 30 overs against you.....in all seriousness its the “little” things like this that break immersion and the game.

I was taking it as a personal insult I admit...

Declaration came just after I posted actually. 541 ahead in the 13th over of final day. Yeah a little immersion breaking.

But i will forgive that because lo and behold they appear to have finally fixed the 4th inns bowling AI. Great stuff. That alone makes the patch a big plus for me.

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
w
My first ODI on the new patch. Rain affected match reduced to 40 overs a side. Batted on hard difficulty, was expecting South Africa (AI) to chase down 231. Some really brilliant dismissals. Bowling highlights below.

I'm enjoying bowling in the new patch. I guess the problem is only with certain pitches.
which stadium?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
AI currently 530+ ahead and still batting 11 overs into final day...

I'll actually switch teams and declare for them if that happens. A bit immersion breaking

FunkyKP

School Cricketer
I've played the new patch for a couple of days. It works almost perfectly in Test cricket but I have no joy it batting in limited overs. Timing is always early and I can't clear the infield. I know it's muscle memory but is their any way to change the timing to pre-patch?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Completed a fairly good days cricket bowling as New Zealand. Early breakthrough (thanks to a silly run out) and a few other good wickets. Root and Stokes then Root and Bairstow turned things England's way in the second session and up to the new ball. Fortunately the new ball brought a wicket - an even sillier run out - and then Broad flashed outside off stump to gully.

All in all it was enjoyable. Three wickets (the run outs and Stoneman) were 'bad' wickets, one a known bug. When it comes to run outs, I've no problem with the mix ups being in the game, at least that's how I choose to see them, but either make them look a bit more convincing or add some 'Yes' 'No' 'Yes 'No' shouts from the batsman to create the sense of panic. At the moment, particularly Root's, they just stand there admiring their shot and run to the other end far too late.

The swing with the new ball was really nice - I've got the modifier up to 100 and with these custom rated players I've focused on the top half of the bowling stats, so swing for Boult and Southee is probably 85+. It will be interesting to see how the AI bowls, I have all bowling mentalities set to Balanced.

Batting mentalities certainly seem to be there, I'm not sure about attributes coming through, although I've not particularly been looking for them and I'm not that bothered. It's nice to see those batsman that are Balanced having a bit of variation in run rates as you would expect when the description is a mix of Aggressive and Conservative. There were a few end of over slogs but nothing completely immersion breaking.

For those that are interested, the mentalities are as follows:
Cook - Precise
Stoneman - Balanced
Vince - Aggressive
Root - Balanced
Malan - Balanced
Stokes - Aggressive
Bairstow - Balanced

Current assessment (of bowling in test matches):
tenor.gif

6uNt7wL.jpg

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
@blockerdave Spinners not effective on a day 3 pitch? You just need Shane Warne mate!

I really love how you can now set fields like this and actually have them work. Not sure the superman dive was required but oh well. :p

Good response from bowlers after I completely stuffed up my batting early on day 2. Was kind of taken by surprise by the full energy pace after it had been so pedestrian last evening.

Dreading Gayle coming out with full confidence next innings, he smashed me around enough in the first starting at zero! Was a great feeling when Lee destroyed his stumps with a 93mph toe-crusher

KZh8BSY.jpg

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
hey matt as your in the thread any idea when we might see the patch for console and you updating us about the issues

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@blockerdave Spinners not effective on a day 3 pitch? You just need Shane Warne mate!

I really love how you can now set fields like this and actually have them work. Not sure the superman dive was required but oh well. :p

Good response from bowlers after I completely stuffed up my batting early on day 2. Was kind of taken by surprise by the full energy pace after it had been so pedestrian last evening.

Dreading Gayle coming out with full confidence next innings, he smashed me around enough in the first starting at zero! Was a great feeling when Lee destroyed his stumps with a 93mph toe-crusher

KZh8BSY.jpg
Love that wicket with Warne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread