DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

ratesaread

Club Cricketer
I have learnt a valuable lesson in all of this: it's advisable to wait a while before buying a new game (or anything new for that matter). It's not so much a lesson learnt but a truism remembered.

Rhone

International Cricketer
So is there ANY chance of a 5th patch to fix the stats and other remaining bugs? Any word or should we just give up and move on?

Rhone

International Cricketer
I suggest move on unfortunately....there is no indication that a fifth patch is being worked on....

Thanks. Such a shame as I just can't enjoy career mode with the stats bug, and it's the only mode i like playing. It's frustrating as these bugs can't be hard to fix.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Would like to think if not hard to fix BA would have done so by now?

I'd like to think the same. Maybe an explanation of why they can't fix it would nice, rather than saying it's fixed when clearly it isn't. I don't want to troll them. They have made a very good game but it sadly has some unforgiveable flaws.

mal2771

School Cricketer
Would like to think if not hard to fix BA would have done so by now?

Some clarification would be nice from someone at Big Ant, if that's it and no more patches to fix stats and fields etc then at least we can all move on. If going forward there is no comment or statement from them then that is a very poor way to treat their customers who have paid good money to purchase their product. Wouldn't look good for any further versions of the game in the future.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Some clarification would be nice from someone at Big Ant, if that's it and no more patches to fix stats and fields etc then at least we can all move on. If going forward there is no comment or statement from them then that is a very poor way to treat their customers who have paid good money to purchase their product. Wouldn't look good for any further versions of the game in the future.

Yes agree with this 100%. If you don't intend to do another patch or you don't have the resources just say so we can stop providing feedback about bugs and/or hoping the are going to be resolved.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
No patch 5 + no sequel = no need to fix remaining issues. That's my opinion anyway. They wouldn't leave it if they planned a sequel. I'd imagine they're working on the rugby game and if DB17 is anything to go by, they'll be too busy patching that to come back to this. Wonder how rugby fans will feel when a player's stats say he has scored 88 tries in 1 match while covering 100 miles per game and making 300 tackles.

mal2771

School Cricketer
No patch 5 + no sequel = no need to fix remaining issues. That's my opinion anyway. They wouldn't leave it if they planned a sequel. I'd imagine they're working on the rugby game and if DB17 is anything to go by, they'll be too busy patching that to come back to this. Wonder how rugby fans will feel when a player's stats say he has scored 88 tries in 1 match while covering 100 miles per game and making 300 tackles.

The last couple of sentences made me laugh so thanks

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BA team has lacked being transparent with their clients. I have said this on their forums a as well when DBC was released and we expected a few patches. They have done a wonderful job but half finished, they have never really shared on what is their future developments or do they work on new issues stated here. Career mode was the highlight of DBC games when it's stats is shared none responds.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Just started a new career and finished the first season and when I go to advance through the off season it keeps giving me the blue screen. Anyone found a work around for this? It's pretty bloody poor.

mal2771

School Cricketer
Just started a new career and finished the first season and when I go to advance through the off season it keeps giving me the blue screen. Anyone found a work around for this? It's pretty bloody poor.

I've had that too, believe it is something to do with logos downloaded. To be honest given up on the game pretty much, so many bugs, crashes, stats not correct, fields issue. Time to move on and have done.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Does anyone have any clue about going about getting a refund for this game? Surely the fact that the game does not work as advertised and is the ONLY game I have ever owned on any Xbox (original, 360 and one) to crash and restart the actual box should be enough. It's bloody unreal, $100 on a broken game. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

PS It was bought digitally through Xbox.

Update - I spent ages on the phone and after being passed up the ladder a few times, I'm told that that game will be looked at by Microsoft as defective software. Hopefully it will be removed from the Xbox Store so no other people spend their hard earned money on a janky turd. I raised the issue of features advertised but not working and also consistent crashing.

As for the refund I will be pursuing it through my bank, I will update my progress as I am sure there are a few other people who would like their money back.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If the only way we can get the remaining issues fixed would be to pay, I begrudgingly would do so. Not that we should have to pay for stats and jumpers in a cricket game but I can't see anyway BA will roll out patch5 even tho it's needed unless they're getting paid. I honestly can't see a sequel now either. 2 bug laden attempts and 8 patches later if this is the best BA can do maybe they dont have enough cricketing or coding knowledge to make it work. DB17 had so much potential but the bugs/ glaring omissions have taken their toll on me. Stick to rugby BA, maybe EA will revisit the genre in future. I basically bought the Xbox 1 for this game. 3 versions on two console's later, I feel I can no longer blindly accept that BA will get it right next time. Regrettably.

Jumpers ain't gonna happen mate. It was a design choice - a poor one admittedly and one that I wish hadn't been made.

Stats if they can fix them I hope they will.

Users who are viewing this thread