DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I cant seem to be getting selected for England county one day format and Australian county one day format. In fact its not even showing on the selection status screen. I am playing for both english and aussie test and t20 teams (county) but dont get selected for odi. Am i missing something? Can we not get selected for one day format? Is it a glitch?

sharks0556

School Cricketer
When I am playing my career mode and bowling the edges are not carrying to the keeper even though I ball at a good speed of 140 km per hour the ball is not carrying to the keeper with edge or without it doesn't even having the same issue

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When I am playing my career mode and bowling the edges are not carrying to the keeper even though I ball at a good speed of 140 km per hour the ball is not carrying to the keeper with edge or without it doesn't even having the same issue
I always move the keeper and slips up. It always helps

D

Deleted member 46200

I always move the keeper and slips up. It always helps
I have had so many catches fall short so I move everyone up, slips that is if bowling fast leave the keeper back as you don't want to concede so many sundries from basic errors.[DOUBLEPOST=1497698434][/DOUBLEPOST]
only for the quicks but then u move keeper back --- its all about balance -- :)
And the pitch don't want to leave them back if it's dropping short.

zayno

Club Captain
i played a t20 match on pro on xbox one with patch 4. I was south africa and I posted 183 all out. The AI was india and they they reached the target with 4 balls to spare and 7 wickets in hand. Before patch 4 The AI struggled to reach 140 in a T20.

Thanks BA for making the game more challenging as in my view the AI is more challenging and provide much stiffer competition post patch 4.Also I must add that the AI post challenging targets now when simulating their innings. They posted 130 in a ten over match and 230 in a T20 match and 80 in a five over match. That is sweet and much more better than the targets they set pre patch 4 when simulating.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still want to know why finals of competitions are always at the SCG regardless of which country is hosting even though this was supposed to be fixed.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
IF the decision is there will NOT be one more patch to fix the stats issue, it is disappointing.

Like many others, I pre-ordered and bought both the iteration of DBC. I will not be doing it for next iteration (If it gets released). Not fixing the career mode and stats issue is going few step backwards from previous iteration.

Hope BA doesn't start next iteration before doing analysis on what went wrong. Not able to fix stats after many patches is alarming.

I haven't started career mode since Day 1 with hope of things will be fixed. Now this game will be going back to shelf sooner without touching career mode.

My hope is that while working on the next iteration, they find the buggy code causing the errors and go back and fix it in DBC 17 if they can. It sounds like they don't have any more funding for a stand alone patch for DBC 17, but I feel if they find the cause while working on the next game and it's relatively simple to fix, they will (should) just go and fix it up and release the patch then. Hopefully it's one of the first things they work on so it will be found early on in development. Failing this, I can see a large swathe of loyal fans being disgruntled and refusing to buy the next version upon release.

Destiny kind of did this. The base Destiny was pretty rubbish, especially the end-game but as they developed the DLC they released patches to improve the base game. Unfortunately, a lot of the shiny new game improving content was locked behind a pay-wall, meaning you had to buy the DLC to get the most out of it and that p*ssed a lot of people off. While the DLC wasn't necessarily worth it for the content, it was for the total game enhancements. It was a new model for how to maintain and sustain a game 2 years post release (coming up 3 years) which for me, would be a better model for a game like DBC rather than a completely new game every 3 years. Release small/medium DLC enhancements to keep the revenue flowing through the doors while you improve the underlying game engine and mechanics. For example, they replaced the whole voice dialogue because they thought it was bad and re-recorded the whole character and loaded it in to a patch.

By no means am I suggesting a pay to play model, or advocating releasing half baked games and make people pay to get a proper experience. But for arguments sake, release an Ashes 2017 DLC that included all 5 official test venues and 2 licensed teams (never going to happen due to CA and ECB greed, mind you) as an excuse to keep funding the development of a 5th patch with a view to getting some revenue out of it at the end. That way, the game gets enhanced for all, and those keen on the new content will be happy to fork out $10-20. The problem DBC has now is that all this is available through the academy at no charge, so people won't want to pay for something they currently get for free (basic economics). They'd need to think of a different tact for DLC (historical teams/scenarios mode, new commentary, accessories - I know at least one person who would pay a lot to have alice bands in the game, perhaps?).

I think it's almost as if BA's generosity has now limited their potential revenue stream and ability to enhance the game engine further. It may not be popular, but paid DLC is pretty much the sustainable future of video games. I'm happy enough to go with it as long as you cant pay to be successful. If all you're paying for is new stadiums, bats, team kits, etc (a la Forza Racing) that doesn't change the underlying mechanics and balance of a game then I'm ok with that. Once you start paying for better players/enhancements and consumables then the model breaks (think Fifa/GTA V).

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
My hope is that while working on the next iteration, they find the buggy code causing the errors and go back and fix it in DBC 17 if they can. It sounds like they don't have any more funding for a stand alone patch for DBC 17, but I feel if they find the cause while working on the next game and it's relatively simple to fix, they will (should) just go and fix it up and release the patch then. Hopefully it's one of the first things they work on so it will be found early on in development. Failing this, I can see a large swathe of loyal fans being disgruntled and refusing to buy the next version upon release.

Destiny kind of did this. The base Destiny was pretty rubbish, especially the end-game but as they developed the DLC they released patches to improve the base game. Unfortunately, a lot of the shiny new game improving content was locked behind a pay-wall, meaning you had to buy the DLC to get the most out of it and that p*ssed a lot of people off. While the DLC wasn't necessarily worth it for the content, it was for the total game enhancements. It was a new model for how to maintain and sustain a game 2 years post release (coming up 3 years) which for me, would be a better model for a game like DBC rather than a completely new game every 3 years. Release small/medium DLC enhancements to keep the revenue flowing through the doors while you improve the underlying game engine and mechanics. For example, they replaced the whole voice dialogue because they thought it was bad and re-recorded the whole character and loaded it in to a patch.

By no means am I suggesting a pay to play model, or advocating releasing half baked games and make people pay to get a proper experience. But for arguments sake, release an Ashes 2017 DLC that included all 5 official test venues and 2 licensed teams (never going to happen due to CA and ECB greed, mind you) as an excuse to keep funding the development of a 5th patch with a view to getting some revenue out of it at the end. That way, the game gets enhanced for all, and those keen on the new content will be happy to fork out $10-20. The problem DBC has now is that all this is available through the academy at no charge, so people won't want to pay for something they currently get for free (basic economics). They'd need to think of a different tact for DLC (historical teams/scenarios mode, new commentary, accessories - I know at least one person who would pay a lot to have alice bands in the game, perhaps?).

I think it's almost as if BA's generosity has now limited their potential revenue stream and ability to enhance the game engine further. It may not be popular, but paid DLC is pretty much the sustainable future of video games. I'm happy enough to go with it as long as you cant pay to be successful. If all you're paying for is new stadiums, bats, team kits, etc (a la Forza Racing) that doesn't change the underlying mechanics and balance of a game then I'm ok with that. Once you start paying for better players/enhancements and consumables then the model breaks (think Fifa/GTA V).

To buy DLC for a game which isn't functional? No way. Fix the game first then I would consider it if there was new commentary, juiced up graphics for the Xbox one x, ps4 pro and pc, more accessories for created players. Big long dream list of things that won't happen.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If the only way we can get the remaining issues fixed would be to pay, I begrudgingly would do so. Not that we should have to pay for stats and jumpers in a cricket game but I can't see anyway BA will roll out patch5 even tho it's needed unless they're getting paid. I honestly can't see a sequel now either. 2 bug laden attempts and 8 patches later if this is the best BA can do maybe they dont have enough cricketing or coding knowledge to make it work. DB17 had so much potential but the bugs/ glaring omissions have taken their toll on me. Stick to rugby BA, maybe EA will revisit the genre in future. I basically bought the Xbox 1 for this game. 3 versions on two console's later, I feel I can no longer blindly accept that BA will get it right next time. Regrettably.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If the only way we can get the remaining issues fixed would be to pay, I begrudgingly would do so. Not that we should have to pay for stats and jumpers in a cricket game but I can't see anyway BA will roll out patch5 even tho it's needed unless they're getting paid. I honestly can't see a sequel now either. 2 bug laden attempts and 8 patches later if this is the best BA can do maybe they dont have enough cricketing or coding knowledge to make it work. DB17 had so much potential but the bugs/ glaring omissions have taken their toll on me. Stick to rugby BA, maybe EA will revisit the genre in future. I basically bought the Xbox 1 for this game. 3 versions on two console's later, I feel I can no longer blindly accept that BA will get it right next time. Regrettably.

I understand why you would lose faith in Big Ant. When the first two bug fixes mentioned in the Patch 4 notes have not actually been fixed then this lack of confidence is justifiable. Here are the first two statements from the patch notes mentioned in the thread's OP...

"Resolved issues where statistics would be recorded incorrectly in career
Resolved issue where changes made to field placements wouldn't stick
"

If the first two "bug fixes" which were supposed to be nailed by the Patch continue to be bugs post Patch then the prudent policy in the future would be "Seeing is believing". I'm sorry but if a cricket game can't sort out stats - which is the backbone of the sport especially in the career mode - and setting fields despite 4 patches then there's not much left to be said. 'Disappointed' is the word which comes to mind and sadly it's spot on in this case.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I understand why you would lose faith in Big Ant. When the first two bug fixes mentioned in the Patch 4 notes have not actually been fixed then this lack of confidence is justifiable. Here are the first two statements from the patch notes mentioned in the thread's OP...

"Resolved issues where statistics would be recorded incorrectly in career
Resolved issue where changes made to field placements wouldn't stick
"

If the first two "bug fixes" which were supposed to be nailed by the Patch continue to be bugs post Patch then the prudent policy in the future would be "Seeing is believing". I'm sorry but if a cricket game can't sort out stats - which is the backbone of the sport especially in the career mode - and setting fields despite 4 patches then there's not much left to be said. 'Disappointed' is the word which comes to mind and sadly it's spot on in this case.
You can surmise that the BA team lack the programming knowledge to add or fix stats properly. It brings the whole game down.

I've watched entire Test and ODI matches on live streaming, and (in my view) still don't find the game impressive. But the stats thing totally justifies holding out and not buying a copy of the game. That's the first time I have ever opted to 'wait and see', and I waited 6 months, and here we are with the stats and fields and other malfunctions or omissions. So Ross may tell me, as he once did, to "hit the road, Jack", but my decision turned out to be correct.

D

Deleted member 46200

You can surmise that the BA team lack the programming knowledge to add or fix stats properly. It brings the whole game down.

I've watched entire Test and ODI matches on live streaming, and (in my view) still don't find the game impressive. But the stats thing totally justifies holding out and not buying a copy of the game. That's the first time I have ever opted to 'wait and see', and I waited 6 months, and here we are with the stats and fields and other malfunctions or omissions. So Ross may tell me, as he once did, to "hit the road, Jack", but my decision turned out to be correct.
He seems to say a lot of stuff like that and never admitting to any blame or fought! I'm ignored for mentioning stats in a grown up and mature way he and a couple of his henchman decided to ridicule me basically because they wanted to be 'in' with the developer like a geek fest! Would a weak man take on a young feisty women now? The challenge is laid down come on @BigAntStudios let's have a chat.

mal2771

School Cricketer
He seems to say a lot of stuff like that and never admitting to any blame or fought! I'm ignored for mentioning stats in a grown up and mature way he and a couple of his henchman decided to ridicule me basically because they wanted to be 'in' with the developer like a geek fest! Would a weak man take on a young feisty women now? The challenge is laid down come on @BigAntStudios let's have a chat.

You have more chance of having a chat with Michael Jackson!!. The silence from Big Ant is pretty deafening on these forums, not a good sign at all.

Users who are viewing this thread