Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.10), Xbox One (1.0.0.11)

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Instead of bringing back the edges like earlier patch, i would go for getting more chances of getting lbw and bowled while human batting.
They are very rare to get...
The mistimed shots for the balls pitched mid stump or leg stump should give more chances of lbw rather than edges.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Instead of bringing back the edges like earlier patch, i would go for getting more chances of getting lbw and bowled while human batting.
They are very rare to get...
The mistimed shots for the balls pitched mid stump or leg stump should give more chances of lbw rather than edges.

Turn off ball markers and pitch markers...

rasdan

Club Captain
Will give a try. What value do you use for pace bowling speed max? I generally use 70 but without markers i assume it will be difficult to bat at 70.

does increasing max bowling speed that high produce unrealistic bowling speeds?Ive never tried so im genuinely interested

D

Deleted member 185125

does increasing max bowling speed that high produce unrealistic bowling speeds?Ive never tried so im genuinely interested
The bowling speed issue was fixed in a previous patch. Increasing max bowling speed would increase the speed in-game but he readings would show according to what is set for a particular bowler.[DOUBLEPOST=1534682389][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will give a try. What value do you use for pace bowling speed max? I generally use 70 but without markers i assume it will be difficult to bat at 70.
I m on 70 but I have reduced ball display time down to 7. I play with pitch marker on.Timing window at 95. Also have set spin bounce to 60 and spin flight to 30, which makes the spinners bowl quicker.

N Jones

Club Captain
The bowling speed issue was fixed in a previous patch. Increasing max bowling speed would increase the speed in-game but he readings would show according to what is set for a particular bowler.[DOUBLEPOST=1534682389][/DOUBLEPOST]
I m on 70 but I have reduced ball display time down to 7. I play with pitch marker on.Timing window at 95. Also have set spin bounce to 60 and spin flight to 30, which makes the spinners bowl quicker.
I don't use any markers either as I just try to watch the ball. Are these realistic settings your using as I've not played around with the bowling sliders..?

D

Deleted member 185125

I don't use any markers either as I just try to watch the ball. Are these realistic settings your using as I've not played around with the bowling sliders..?
I have my teams edited with lower skills.
Pace max set to 80 and minimum at 70.
Enabled batting modifiers as well.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did any one noticed that bowling slower deliveries are more rewarding than normal and faster ones specially in Tests? I was playing India vs Eng test and bowled slower swinging bowls and was able to bowl out the AI for 280 runs with 7 out of 10 wickets came in the form of edges caught behind and in slips, two Lbws and one clean bowled. On the contrary, when I bowl normal and faster one the AI is pusnishes you more often, specially if your speed is 140 - 150Kmph it seems that AI already knows where you gonna bowl and is ready with the shot, but once you start bowling in mid 120s and 130s is much more effective in getting you wickets.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did any one noticed that bowling slower deliveries are more rewarding than normal and faster ones specially in Tests? I was playing India vs Eng test and bowled slower swinging bowls and was able to bowl out the AI for 280 runs with 7 out of 10 wickets came in the form of edges caught behind and in slips, two Lbws and one clean bowled. On the contrary, when I bowl normal and faster one the AI is pusnishes you more often, specially if your speed is 140 - 150Kmph it seems that AI already knows where you gonna bowl and is ready with the shot, but once you start bowling in mid 120s and 130s is much more effective in getting you wickets.
I have noticed this too, as they say the faster you bowl the less power the batsman has to hit the ball with. More pace means the ball will go quicker off the bat.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I have noticed this too, as they say the faster you bowl the less power the batsman has to hit the ball with. More pace means the ball will go quicker off the bat.
I have stopped bowling normal and faster ones. I bowl 6 out of 6 slower ones and I find it more effective way to get the better of AI.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
One of the major game breaking issue for me is in career mode bowling. I'm playing as a fast bowling all rounder and I don't get wickets of edges to slip or keeper. Infact its too tough for me to get any wickets after this patch. This is very frustrating and makes the game highly unrealistic. Please fix the issue in the next update.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have stopped bowling normal and faster ones. I bowl 6 out of 6 slower ones and I find it more effective way to get the better of AI.
That in itself is an issue though, who wants to continually bowl slower deliveries. But it would need BA or franco (PC version) to resolve...…...

Users who are viewing this thread