BATTING SLIDERS AND SET UP HOLY GRAIL!!!!

glitch

School Cricketer
hi im new but what is ball traction 45 in the sliders u i see ball friction / pitch friction and what pace bounce 60 in the sliders ? please

Radaga

International Coach
Hi guys,

Fresh to this game and series. Have been playing with the following setup, with decent results for human batting. Have found the aggressive shots to be very overpowered so I'm limiting myself to ODI cricket. Would appreciated any feedback:

Batting:
Ball marker: 30
Shot timing: 63
Foot placement: 85
Bowl quality influence: 100
Shot choice difficulty: 80

Physics:
Pace max: 53
Pace min: 53
Spin bounce: 50
Spin flight: 47
Pace swing: 63
Pace revolutions: 32
Spin drift: 36
Spin revolutions: 33
Pitch friction: 43
Pitch bounce: 48
Ball friction: 46
Ball bounce: 50
Shot force: 47

D

Deleted member 185125

Hi guys,

Fresh to this game and series. Have been playing with the following setup, with decent results for human batting. Have found the aggressive shots to be very overpowered so I'm limiting myself to ODI cricket. Would appreciated any feedback:

Batting:
Ball marker: 30
Shot timing: 63
Foot placement: 85
Bowl quality influence: 100
Shot choice difficulty: 80

Physics:
Pace max: 53
Pace min: 53
Spin bounce: 50
Spin flight: 47
Pace swing: 63
Pace revolutions: 32
Spin drift: 36
Spin revolutions: 33
Pitch friction: 43
Pitch bounce: 48
Ball friction: 46
Ball bounce: 50
Shot force: 47
Does the ball quality influence affect AI batting as well?

Radaga

International Coach
I'm not too sure on that. I found the AI really susceptible to a few particular deliveries. Bowling really full away swingers had them in trouble. I've been testing out by batting as both sides (switching sides for the second innings)

D

Deleted member 185125

I'm not too sure on that. I found the AI really susceptible to a few particular deliveries. Bowling really full away swingers had them in trouble. I've been testing out by batting as both sides (switching sides for the second innings)
I'm going to set it to 100 and check AI batting now.
I had Shot force to 30. It felt realistic to me.
Gonna try and see if assisted field settings has an impact on AI batting as well.

Radaga

International Coach
I'm going to set it to 100 and check AI batting now.
I had Shot force to 30. It felt realistic to me.
Gonna try and see if assisted field settings has an impact on AI batting as well.
Oh excellent would be great to hear how it goes. I originally had shot power on 28 but I found that mistimed shots just fell short of the ring fielders. Closer to the default I am getting caught quite often at square leg and point. Just a bit easy to take the spinners apart

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

IMO Batting & Bowling modifiers affect the user batting or bowling and not AI. IIRC AI is impacted by generic Physics Gameplay Modifiers as those modifiers affect the overall game.

Radaga

International Coach
It is exciting to see a cricket game with physics modifiers. Huge potential for gameplay if we can have a discussion on tweaking them. I feel like the ball probably moves a bit too far in the default settings; reflected in AI susceptibility to full swinging deliveries (and me personally trying to block out big Yorkers from starc and co haha)

It was my hope that increasing the ball quality influence would mean that edges ect would still be possible on ideally timed shots.

chaman82

County Cricketer
When ever i switch on the batting modifier, wrong and weired shots comes into play,
Even tried this below 60 trick but is not working for me at the moment.

D

Deleted member 185125

Oh excellent would be great to hear how it goes. I originally had shot power on 28 but I found that mistimed shots just fell short of the ring fielders. Closer to the default I am getting caught quite often at square leg and point. Just a bit easy to take the spinners apart
I normally play at Pro, this time I have set it to veteran. Set fielding to semi. I have reduced the default values for Shot force, Ball bounce, pace revolution, pitch friction.
I am bowling for both the sides to test the AI batting.
I have enabled Batting modifier and set Ball quality influence to 100( not sure if this applies to AI)

Match in progress.
England posted 279/7 in 40 overs.
Australia 107/5 in 20 overs.

Will provide in-depth details once match is complete. Video will also be ready by then.

SlogSweep_Tez

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi guys only had the game a couple of days and found this thread
very useful info on physics modifiers in here ....already hooked on playing around with the physics settings.

thx keep up the good work

Radaga

International Coach
Hey guys,

I haven't had much time to play but I think I've discovered something with the shot timing slider.

The "broken" aspect to it appears to be around where they have programmed the timing windows. The ideal timing should occur possibly somewhere in the middle of the delivery path between release and reaching the batsman. What I have found is that the higher the number for the slider the closer the ideal window moves to the release point.

If you set the timing slider to 100 you need to press your shot almost immediately when the bowler releases the ball. Hopefully the programmers have picked up on this and we will see an ideal window closer to the middle of the delivery path and not just narrowing on to the release point

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey guys,

I haven't had much time to play but I think I've discovered something with the shot timing slider.

The "broken" aspect to it appears to be around where they have programmed the timing windows. The ideal timing should occur possibly somewhere in the middle of the delivery path between release and reaching the batsman. What I have found is that the higher the number for the slider the closer the ideal window moves to the release point.

If you set the timing slider to 100 you need to press your shot almost immediately when the bowler releases the ball. Hopefully the programmers have picked up on this and we will see an ideal window closer to the middle of the delivery path and not just narrowing on to the release point

That's a pretty interesting observation if true. That means you can keep the 'Shot Timing' modifier consistent and change the other batting modifiers (e.g., footwork, ball quality etc.) in order to enhance batting difficulty without changing the timing of the shots.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
still looking for ideal mix unfortunately it is not possible to have net session with real bowlers but only with machine otherwise it would have been easier to find good settings.

Currently I am too scared to try more also due to stumping bug and super human cathing by WK and silly point fielders.

I would like to find a setting where perfect timing happens only 60% of time and only perfect shots go to boundary and with only those hit with circle key for power hits.

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Don't you guys think that Ashes 2017 is far more easier than the DBC17?

Users who are viewing this thread