Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....

Discussion in 'Ashes Cricket' started by Rumple43, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Dutch Staff Member

Dutch
    Moderator PlanetCricket Award Winner
    National Team:
    England
    Domestic Team:
    Kent
    These are such good settings! I wish the author would develop them further for Cricket 19 but he hasn't been around lately. But Wasteyouryouth's indications are correct as well.

2. Isura Club Cricketer

Played a lot more hours with these sliders, mostly with the England settings. I've improved a lot at batting so I can manage to play on your current settings (timing window 78, cursor window 9). Overall these present a great challenge and a realistic run rate ~3 rpo for me.

The only thing I would like to tweak is the exaggerated seem movement with the England settings. The day 2 or day 3 pitch and ball friction settings seem more appropriate. I see some crazy movement on day 1 especially, which is not realistic (it's not safe to leave balls 2 feet outside off stump).

Is pitch and ball friction the best way to control seam movement? Or I'm thinking England should also use the dry wicket setting, since the issue might be the grassy wicket setting.

3. CuriousityKilledAmeriCat School Cricketer

Does who has played both Ashes Cricket and Cricket 19 know whether these setting adjustments would still be applicable to Cricket 19? Or does anyone have suggestions on base-level general settings & physics sliders for cricket 19?

4. wasteyouryouth Staff Member

wasteyouryouth
    Moderator Lannisters
    Pitches and how pitches work will have changed somewhat so I don't think you'd be able to just transfer the settings across.