Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.11), Xbox One (1.0.0.12) and Steam

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Wish they had different batting animations for tailenders.[DOUBLEPOST=1548173797][/DOUBLEPOST]And shot animations linked to weighted average of footwork and off/leg side attributes.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They asked me not to tell anyone. Oops.
On a serious note, don't think if there is anything else in the game which could differentiate a normal batsman and a tail ender.
Yeah fair point, perhaps batting position stat (this might already exist , cannot remember as haven’t played for a while)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
@sdt16

@Gamefroggy

Below are the settings for batting and other stuff.

At the moment I'm playing on Veteran and default Hardest for bowling. I use auto-fielding, I don't look at the bowling hud (I use the bowler run-up/arm position as prompts for bowling) and this may have an impact. I'm also using teams that I've reskilled. And I only use the pitch marker for batting.

MdNEkpA.jpg
hWtwC7P.jpg

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What batting and bowling cameras do you use wasteyouryouth?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
@wasteyouryouth
Thanx a lot for sharing your slider settings...Will definitely try them

1. I am wondering , how insane swing you would be getting by Pace swing slider set @ 99..Lol

2. With batting modifiers enabled, do you get wrong(weird) shot animation especially while playing pull shot or square cuts/drives( the ball goes in the right direction by the animation is exactly opposite)?

3. Also With batting modifiers enabled at HARD, do you get precise foot movement with the direction of your LS input (or does it require too much precision with the direction of LS)??

4. How do you find the timing window set @ 50? (do you have to time the ball as late as possible, as we had after the initial patches but before this slider was introduced)

5. How do you feel about the frequency of the edges. Have they reduced significantly or otherwise @ 89 (compared to before this slider was introduced)?

@sdt16

@Gamefroggy

At the moment I'm playing on Veteran and default Hardest for bowling. I use auto-fielding, I don't look at the bowling hud (I use the bowler run-up/arm position as prompts for bowling) and this may have an impact. I'm also using teams that I've reskilled. And I only use the pitch marker for batting.

MdNEkpA.jpg
hWtwC7P.jpg

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
What batting and bowling cameras do you use wasteyouryouth?
Bowling camera: Broadcast 2
Batting camera: Batting Far

@wasteyouryouth
Thanx a lot for sharing your slider settings...Will definitely try them

1. I am wondering , how insane swing you would be getting by Pace swing slider set @ 99..Lol

2. With batting modifiers enabled, do you get wrong(weird) shot animation especially while playing pull shot or square cuts/drives( the ball goes in the right direction by the animation is exactly opposite)?

3. Also With batting modifiers enabled at HARD, do you get precise foot movement with the direction of your LS input (or does it require too much precision with the direction of LS)??

4. How do you find the timing window set @ 50? (do you have to time the ball as late as possible, as we had after the initial patches but before this slider was introduced)

5. How do you feel about the frequency of the edges. Have they reduced significantly or otherwise @ 89 (compared to before this slider was introduced)?

Swing isn't really that prominent in the game so I have it set high. I might tweak it down a little should I notice it to be too much. The problem I find is that swing becomes more prominent when a bowler is in at least orange confidence. However that can take a few overs the way I play because I don't always gets Perfect/Perfect deliveries. Swing seems to last 15-20 overs, so by the time you have bowlers that are swinging it the ball might not be in condition. Or you want to change bowlers and you bring on first change and they aren't swinging it.

I've not noticed anything particularly since this latest patch. Nothing that springs to mind (re: batting animations).

Can't say I've noticed that timing window being an issue. It doesn't feel too different to how it was before with the setting at 50. The main batting modifier for me is the Ball Marker Display Time. I couldn't stand the default settings when the big batting change came. It felt like waiting an eternity between the pitch marker appearing and the time to play the shot. With it reduced to 9 it means it appears around about the time the bowler is in the end of their action so I can pretty much play how I did before which is more instinctive.

I never had a problem with edges before the patch. Since it came out I feel like there was too many at first. I'd probably be all out for about 100 in a test, ODI is not as punishing. I did reduce the edge frequency to 89 just to see what difference it made but I've not batted yet with that setting. I think the only thing I find, and this may be more down to me and how I play is that a lot of dismissals are caught behind.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You would need to do it individually for each player.
Go into academy - player - select the player - skills and then edit.

If I do this will to have an impact on my career I’m playing or do I have to start a new one ?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Ye absolutely, I second that...

After experimenting with several values from 100 ..90, I have kept my slider for edges @ 30 (Hard batting + Legend or veteran) & still get out most of the times by caught behind (& other times if I try playing lofted shots with a batsman well set with green confidence)

I think the only thing I find, and this may be more down to me and how I play is that a lot of dismissals are caught behind.

Also I am trying to keep the timing window slider @ 90 or 80 trying to figure out the sweet spot for me...

To play at such a small pitch marker time of 9 shows you are a master... @wasteyouryouth but also gives you the experience of true realism (split second reaction)

I shall try surely...

Thanx mate

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@sdt16

@Gamefroggy

MdNEkpA.jpg
hWtwC7P.jpg

Very interested in these, thanks for sharing. Always good to compare and contrast. Some of my sliders are really similar to these, but some are quite a way off. Will go away and have a proper look at mine once I've got my PS4 again, have a bit of a tinker.

I think the thing I want at the moment is to make a difference with the human bowling. I do only control 1 player, but I find I'm a) WAY more economical than any AI bowler and b) hardly ever pick up any wickets, even in really favourable bowling conditions.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
yep its really annoying reeling off maiden after maiden when the other bowler is going for 8-10 an over.Also annoying is always having to reset the field when you start a new spell and not before the first ball is bowled.There is no reason why that can't be fixed surely just a programming thing.I don't takes loads of wickets either but just enough to keep me interested in bowling.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Very interested in these, thanks for sharing. Always good to compare and contrast. Some of my sliders are really similar to these, but some are quite a way off. Will go away and have a proper look at mine once I've got my PS4 again, have a bit of a tinker.

I think the thing I want at the moment is to make a difference with the human bowling. I do only control 1 player, but I find I'm a) WAY more economical than any AI bowler and b) hardly ever pick up any wickets, even in really favourable bowling conditions.
What if you try and change AI bowling skills of the team you control? I think Im gonna try that tommorrow and change my AI bowler skills to maybe 90's +

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
What are the best controls for bowling, classic or standard controls? My left trigger button is sticky so I was forced to switch over to standard controls.

Users who are viewing this thread