Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.11), Xbox One (1.0.0.12) and Steam

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Is that the case whatever level you are on.I play on legend for the opposition and can well relate to the above particularly in the 4th innings but maybe on easier levels its not as high.

ndschan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I had an instance in the recent match, where the ball hit the rough and turned more than the other deliveries bowled so far. Not just did the amount of rough areas increased over time, but the pitch did slow down as well. Wondering now, maybe If it weren't for the pitch reset bug, we might just had pitch deterioration playing an important role. Hopefully they can get it right in the next release. Meanwhile, video of the delivery below.

Yes has happened couple of time. Even before this latest patch, the gameplay was quite organic

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So this isn't the old patch with me batting first, although it looks like it. It's me doing to the AI what the AI has been doing to me for months. See scorecards below.

Pre-patch I'd have struggled to chase that score. This felt easier than ever. I could have probably gone more aggressive but I don't remember ever having two centuries in an ODI, so I was really going all in for that when it looked possible.

AI field settings, bowling and bowling selection/rotation are still the big issues for me in terms of batting. 212/1... bring in a silly point or a first slip & gully when I've been smearing it through backward point all innings - but leave a huge gap there for me to carry on. Bumrah was going consistently for 8 an over yet bowled seven from the start. Jadeja didn't come on until 20-25 overs when I'd all but wrapped it up, despite possibly being the highest rated bowler in that side (don't @ me).

I probably sound more negative than I am intending to be. I still had fun. I'm not going to give up based on one game, I'll probably play around with things, maybe up the difficulty. I've no idea how these new sliders impact my old ones. But the above are things that I don't know if they can be fixed through modifiers or re-skilling.

34Lasam.jpg
DOP9kaO.jpg
3oPQtdU.jpg
iQ7FNul.jpg
NyhVVan.jpg

D

Deleted member 185125

So this isn't the old patch with me batting first, although it looks like it. It's me doing to the AI what the AI has been doing to me for months. See scorecards below.

Pre-patch I'd have struggled to chase that score. This felt easier than ever. I could have probably gone more aggressive but I don't remember ever having two centuries in an ODI, so I was really going all in for that when it looked possible.

AI field settings, bowling and bowling selection/rotation are still the big issues for me in terms of batting. 212/1... bring in a silly point or a first slip & gully when I've been smearing it through backward point all innings - but leave a huge gap there for me to carry on. Bumrah was going consistently for 8 an over yet bowled seven from the start. Jadeja didn't come on until 20-25 overs when I'd all but wrapped it up, despite possibly being the highest rated bowler in that side (don't @ me).

I probably sound more negative than I am intending to be. I still had fun. I'm not going to give up based on one game, I'll probably play around with things, maybe up the difficulty. I've no idea how these new sliders impact my old ones. But the above are things that I don't know if they can be fixed through modifiers or re-skilling.

34Lasam.jpg
DOP9kaO.jpg
3oPQtdU.jpg
iQ7FNul.jpg
NyhVVan.jpg
What difficulty settings was this on?

D

Deleted member 185125

I upped the difficulty. Went to default Hard settings (appearance of the pitch marker to 8). Was all out for 263 in 41.4 overs. Definitely harder to not lose wickets but still easy to score runs.
I play on custom hardest. Feels challenging especially when trying to score quick. Still some lofted shots are easier to connect compared to the others.
Lofted shot behind square on the off seems the most easiest, don't think it's even possible to connect it in real life cricket. Followed by lofted shots to deep fine leg. Batting still requires balancing. Some animations are definitely missing and some gets triggered incorrectly (cut shots on pitched up deliveries).

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I play on custom hardest. Feels challenging especially when trying to score quick. Still some lofted shots are easier to connect compared to the others.
Lofted shot behind square on the off seems the most easiest, don't think it's even possible to connect it in real life cricket. Followed by lofted shots to deep fine leg. Batting still requires balancing. Some animations are definitely missing and some gets triggered incorrectly (cut shots on pitched up deliveries).
It felt like a better balance this game. I generally play just normal shots and I think better field settings would prevent them from being so productive.

The other thing was the amount of edges, far more. But the by product of that is most wickets feel like they are going to end up caught behind.

D

Deleted member 185125

It felt like a better balance this game. I generally play just normal shots and I think better field settings would prevent them from being so productive.

The other thing was the amount of edges, far more. But the by product of that is most wickets feel like they are going to end up caught behind.

Better AI field placement can definitely help improve batting difficulty. In addition, as you had mentioned earlier, the bowling changes as well. For some reason, spinners have every feilder in the circle during the first power play. And only 4 feilders out in the last power play.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Better AI field placement can definitely help improve batting difficulty. In addition, as you had mentioned earlier, the bowling changes as well. For some reason, spinners have every feilder in the circle during the first power play. And only 4 feilders out in the last power play.
Yeah that ring field is so frustrating. The spin fields are really poor unfortunately. Consistently see one with four men on the boundary, straight, so that there's either an easy single or a good chance you can work it away behind leg.

D

Deleted member 185125

Yeah that ring field is so frustrating. The spin fields are really poor unfortunately. Consistently see one with four men on the boundary, straight, so that there's either an easy single or a good chance you can work it away behind leg.
Some of the default field settings available in-game doesnt make sense at all. Wish there was an option to delete them so that AI never uses them.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Throws from outfield can be quicker instead of 2-3 bounces

And reduce the number of direct hits from the boundary

One thing that really annoys me and I’d like changed is the ridiculous caught and bowled by fast bowlers , when you leather it straight out the middle and they nonchalantly catch one handed , not very realistic....

Users who are viewing this thread