The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Thanks I’ll give it a try this afternoon (my son has somewhat taken over the PC for now) I’ll download your version and let you know how I get on. It’s the Royal London stumps and boundaries that I really want to try Thanks for your time and patience with all of this. Kind regards
Stephen

Remembered that file also has my updated pitch/grass mods, so if you don't want those go into AshesMods\textures\grass and delete the DDS files inside each of the three folders there before you create the blobset.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Remembered that file also has my updated pitch/grass mods, so if you don't want those go into AshesMods\textures\grass and delete the DDS files inside each of the three folders there before you create the blobset.
Thanks for that. I’ll try and load everything as I can as they look awesome from the pictures I’ve seen. I’ll try and get my son off the PC as soon as possible as I’m itching to try it out!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Thanks for that. I’ll try and load everything as I can as they look awesome from the pictures I’ve seen. I’ll try and get my son off the PC as soon as possible as I’m itching to try it out!
@Spoobir
hi - just to let you know it seemed to work great - for the most part. I have the royal London field markings and boundary ropes (but not the stumps for some reason) and the England kit has not updated (Istill have the small rather than larger nat west logo on the one day shirt. but I did not get any errors with creating the blobset so I'm really happy. thank you. i'll have a tinker and see what I can do with it. much appreciate your help with this - top man!

D

Dutch

@Spoobir
hi - just to let you know it seemed to work great - for the most part. I have the royal London field markings and boundary ropes (but not the stumps for some reason) and the England kit has not updated (Istill have the small rather than larger nat west logo on the one day shirt. but I did not get any errors with creating the blobset so I'm really happy. thank you. i'll have a tinker and see what I can do with it. much appreciate your help with this - top man!
Hey Stephen good to see you around! Hope all is well!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Hiya - thanks yes all ok ta just found a bit of time to get on here and do some stuff while on holiday from work. Hope you are well too.

Spoobir

@Spoobir

Gotta say it doesn't really make sense to me that some things would work and others wouldn't.

You will only get the Royal London stumps if you're playing a default ODI. T20 should be VEVO IPL and test should be NatWest.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Gotta say it doesn't really make sense to me that some things would work and others wouldn't.

You will only get the Royal London stumps if you're playing a default ODI. T20 should be VEVO IPL and test should be NatWest.
Yes i'm puzzled too. I am playing a casual one day international between England and Oman. Should I get the updated stuff in that type of match? I get the updated ball, RL boundary ropes and pitch marker but the Gilette Stumps. I also didn't get the updates one day England kit but I got that from the community where I think you uploaded it. The updates are fantastic too - i'm just really puzzled as to why not everything has updated.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Just checked out a test match - I selected England against india and got the crazy combination of royal London boundary ropes, Gillette pitch marker and Magellen stumps. - I need a lie down!! haha

Spoobir

Yes i'm puzzled too. I am playing a casual one day international between England and Oman. Should I get the updated stuff in that type of match? I get the updated ball, RL boundary ropes and pitch marker but the Gilette Stumps. I also didn't get the updates one day England kit but I got that from the community where I think you uploaded it. The updates are fantastic too - i'm just really puzzled as to why not everything has updated.

I havent uploaded any England kits to the community apart from classic ones (2005-2010/11). My mod updates the default England team kits rather than creating a new team.

When you open the blobset tools do all the mods appear in the list?

stephencox32

County Cricketer
I havent uploaded any England kits to the community apart from classic ones (2005-2010/11). My mod updates the default England team kits rather than creating a new team.

When you open the blobset tools do all the mods appear in the list?
Ah right, I found an updated ODI England kit on the community and thought it was yours - sorry.

I've attached below all of the mods that appear when I open the blob set tool:
Yes I checked and all of the files show up. I've checked that say gilette is replaced with royal London, Megellan with Natwest etc and this shows up in the blobset but does not translate to the game.
My location.txt is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ashes\
this would be right as the game was purchased through steam.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
View attachment 206613 View attachment 206614 View attachment 206615[DOUBLEPOST=1520701242][/DOUBLEPOST]I have followed the instructions and it all seemed to work: now I am a little unsure.....is this the new colouring......it looks darker!
@Dutch I’ve tried all day trying to get this to work - Spoobir will be tearing his hair out all the questions I’ve asked him. I’ve followed the instructions and his advice to the letter and it still hasn’t put all of the graphics in the game. I have the royal London boundary rope and pitch marker but that’s it. I can’t get the stumps to change or get the England kit to update. Can you tell me exactly what you did to get things to work please? Thanks Stephen

Spoobir

@Dutch I’ve tried all day trying to get this to work - Spoobir will be tearing his hair out all the questions I’ve asked him. I’ve followed the instructions and his advice to the letter and it still hasn’t put all of the graphics in the game. I have the royal London boundary rope and pitch marker but that’s it. I can’t get the stumps to change or get the England kit to update. Can you tell me exactly what you did to get things to work please? Thanks Stephen

Try updating the file mapping data in my version of the Blobset Tools, there should be no error this time.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Try updating the file mapping data in my version of the Blobset Tools, there should be no error this time.
@Spoobir thanks - I’ll give that a try - I feel terrible for bombarding you with questions and problems all the time. It’s sure to be something I’m doing wrong. I’ll let you know hoe I get on once I’ve updated the file mapping data. Thanks again

Spoobir

@Spoobir thanks - I’ll give that a try - I feel terrible for bombarding you with questions and problems all the time. It’s sure to be something I’m doing wrong. I’ll let you know hoe I get on once I’ve updated the file mapping data. Thanks again

No worries. I'm not really sure what you could be doing wrong considering you're now just using my own Blobset Tools folder.

Anyway it's good to hash all this stuff out in public because then if other people have the same problem then the solution is readily available for them (assuming we can figure it out). When I was getting my head around the txpk editing for boundary ropes I read almost all of Wouldy's thread for DBC17 where he explained how to do it till I managed to get it right.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Yes I suppose that’s exactly what these forums are for you’re right. Thanks for your patience with me with this though. When I do get it right it will be in no small part to you. I was going to ask you about the txpk editing too as I would love to get boundaries and stumps for the English county championship (Specsavers I think) but that can wait until I get the basic updating right ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread