The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi, I’ve followed the instructions to install the files via the blobset tools and they seem to load up in the program when I click create blobset without any errors. However nothing seems to update within the game itself. Can someone suggest why this may be please? For example the royal London stumps have been installed but in the game it still shows Gillette. Also, when would the extract blobset option be used? Thanks

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Hi, I’ve followed the instructions to install the files via the blobset tools and they seem to load up in the program when I click create blobset without any errors. However nothing seems to update within the game itself. Can someone suggest why this may be please? For example the royal London stumps have been installed but in the game it still shows Gillette. Also, when would the extract blobset option be used? Thanks

I'm not sure why that wouldn't be working for you. Can you post a screenshot of what your blobset tools window looks like?

Also there is no need to extract the blobset unless you are planning to look through it and make some mods yourself.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
I'm not sure why that wouldn't be working for you. Can you post a screenshot of what your blobset tools window looks like?

Also there is no need to extract the blobset unless you are planning to look through it and make some mods yourself.
@Spoobir Thanks. I’ll post a screenshot of what the window looks like when I’m at my PC tomorrow. Occasionally I get an error to say that it can’t find the directory specified. I checked the location txt file and that matches where my game is installed in steam so it’s a bit of a mystery. I downloaded the AshesMod.zip file and followed the instructions which seemed to work but nothing updated. Then I tried the Royal London file with the same result. If I attempt to install another mod do I have to reset the previous blobset or something similar do you know? For example if I wanted to add the Sunfoil stumps where I previously had stumps from another mod. Sorry for all of the questions!

Spoobir

@Spoobir Thanks. I’ll post a screenshot of what the window looks like when I’m at my PC tomorrow. Occasionally I get an error to say that it can’t find the directory specified. I checked the location txt file and that matches where my game is installed in steam so it’s a bit of a mystery. I downloaded the AshesMod.zip file and followed the instructions which seemed to work but nothing updated. Then I tried the Royal London file with the same result. If I attempt to install another mod do I have to reset the previous blobset or something similar do you know? For example if I wanted to add the Sunfoil stumps where I previously had stumps from another mod. Sorry for all of the questions!

You don't need to reset the blobset it should just overwrite.

One thing you could try is Update File Mapping Data under Options. This will take quite a long time to complete (maybe 20-30 mins) so wait for it to be done then try running Create Blobset again. I can't remember if there has been a patch to Ashes Cricket since the last time the blobset tools were updated but if so then file mapping is probably the problem.

51UUazm.png

stephencox32

County Cricketer
You don't need to reset the blobset it should just overwrite.

One thing you could try is Update File Mapping Data under Options. This will take quite a long time to complete (maybe 20-30 mins) so wait for it to be done then try running Create Blobset again. I can't remember if there has been a patch to Ashes Cricket since the last time the blobset tools were updated but if so then file mapping is probably the problem.

51UUazm.png

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Perhaps there may have been as I’m sure there was an update to the game in March or May. I’ll give that a try - thank you. If I still have trouble I’ll post a photo of the blobset screen. I’m just wondering if I am putting all the files into the correct folders (textures, sponsors etc). I know the AshesMod file said just to crest the blobset but other Mods advise to place them into individual folders. I’ll go back to basics following the advice you have given me and see how I get on. Thanks for your help

stephencox32

County Cricketer
By the way it’s good to know I may have to try a few different things that may not be working for me rather than me just not understanding have to use the blobset tool correctly as I thought.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
@Spoobir Hi. Please find attached the error messages I have been receiving while I’ve attempted to Create New File Mapping. The game was updated after the release of the latest version of Blobset Tools. The process of creating the new file making still seems to be happening but I keep getting these error messages basically saying the process cannot access the file as it’s being used by another process. I have received similar messages while trying to create a blobset now too.

Attachments

• 55B446DC-0B0F-4370-98E6-FCD923A8E042.jpeg
    55B446DC-0B0F-4370-98E6-FCD923A8E042.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • CF484B9C-9C19-46ED-BF89-F3915C03E601.jpeg
    CF484B9C-9C19-46ED-BF89-F3915C03E601.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • AE1F27C3-2636-423C-8C10-4B8C87E77E00.jpeg
    AE1F27C3-2636-423C-8C10-4B8C87E77E00.jpeg
    932.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 470D6AEB-AC55-496C-8B50-7552A91E2CC5.jpeg
    470D6AEB-AC55-496C-8B50-7552A91E2CC5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 9A7021A8-C2ED-4AA0-909D-2085507AFB85.jpeg
    9A7021A8-C2ED-4AA0-909D-2085507AFB85.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

Spoobir

@Spoobir Hi. Please find attached the error messages I have been receiving while I’ve attempted to Create New File Mapping. The game was updated after the release of the latest version of Blobset Tools. The process of creating the new file making still seems to be happening but I keep getting these error messages basically saying the process cannot access the file as it’s being used by another process. I have received similar messages while trying to create a blobset now too.

Do you currently have two AshesMods folders one inside the other? There should be only one. Eg. you open the AshesMods folder inside Ashes Blobset Tools and you see Characters, M3mp, Mesh etc...

If so try removing one layer so it's correct and creating a blobset again.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Do you currently have two AshesMods folders one inside the other? There should be only one. Eg. you open the AshesMods folder inside Ashes Blobset Tools and you see Characters, M3mp, Mesh etc...

If so try removing one layer so it's correct and creating a blobset again.
Hi. I checked that and yes I did have 2 AshesMods folders. I opened the AshesMod folder inside the Ashes Blobset Tools and alongside Characters etc was another folder called AshesMods so I deleted that folder.
I clicked on Create Blobset again and got this message on screen:

Attachments

• 00B1E919-BFC7-4518-AFDE-B76F6CB81B8B.jpeg
    00B1E919-BFC7-4518-AFDE-B76F6CB81B8B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Hi. I checked that and yes I did have 2 AshesMods folders. I opened the AshesMod folder inside the Ashes Blobset Tools and alongside Characters etc was another folder called AshesMods so I deleted that folder.
@Spoobir I have noticed that there is now a data-0.blobset folder within the Blobset Tools folder they want there before since I clicked create blobset so I might be getting somewhere. Do I move the new Blobset folder anywhere to get the new textures etc into the game as that part still hasn’t worked! Thanks for your help with this

stephencox32

County Cricketer
@Spoobir I have noticed that there is now a data-0.blobset folder within the Blobset Tools folder they want there before since I clicked create blobset so I might be getting somewhere. Do I move the new Blobset folder anywhere to get the new textures etc into the game as that part still hasn’t worked! Thanks for your help with this
I’ve just realised the data-0.blobset folder was there because I extracted the blobset yesterday in error. I can see the updated files in say textures within the AshesMods folder but I just can’t seem to get them into the game!

Spoobir

Alright I am out of ideas with this error message.

So here is my own personal version of Ashes Blobset Tools that I know 100% works: Ashes Blobset Tools

If you download this, extract somewhere separate from your current version, check Location.txt is correct and then click Create Blobset then it should work.

You should end up with the new England kits and I think the Royal London ODI ropes/stumps.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Alright I am out of ideas with this error message.

So here is my own personal version of Ashes Blobset Tools that I know 100% works: Ashes Blobset Tools

If you download this, extract somewhere separate from your current version, check Location.txt is correct and then click Create Blobset then it should work.

You should end up with the new England kits and I think the Royal London ODI ropes/stumps.
Thanks I’ll give it a try this afternoon (my son has somewhat taken over the PC for now) I’ll download your version and let you know how I get on. It’s the Royal London stumps and boundaries that I really want to try Thanks for your time and patience with all of this. Kind regards
Stephen

Users who are viewing this thread