Pace bowling speed variations

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I've had the game just over 6 months......and it's suddenly dawned on me that, with varying left stick and trigger button configurations, a fast or medium fast bowler can bowl 6 variations of pace.

Using Mitchell Starc as a tester bowler (other bowlers are available!) His 6 variations of speed from fastest to slowest were (in mph rounded up or down to the nearest full mph ).........

100!.......94......92.....89......82 and 79.

I'm hoping that this new found (to me anyway) knowledge will help me get more wickets Or maybe bowling speeds doesn't matter much against AI opponents.

rasdan

Club Captain
I've had the game just over 6 months......and it's suddenly dawned on me that, with varying left stick and trigger button configurations, a fast or medium fast bowler can bowl 6 variations of pace.

Using Mitchell Starc as a tester bowler (other bowlers are available!) His 6 variations of speed from fastest to slowest were (in mph rounded up or down to the nearest full mph ).........

I'm hoping that this new found (to me anyway) knowledge will help me get more wickets Or maybe bowling speeds doesn't matter much against AI opponents.

i do like to use the effort ball every now and again.my main bowling method with pace bowlers is to bowl 5 standard deliveries bowling just outside off stump or sometimes middle-off depending on the pitch type and bowler im using then bowl a short cross seam or bouncer last ball of the over.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I've had odd times where I go from constantly working the batsman with outswingers and inswingers to bowling a sharp fast straight ball at a good length and it completely bowls them over. They miss it by a mile.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
i do like to use the effort ball every now and again.my main bowling method with pace bowlers is to bowl 5 standard deliveries bowling just outside off stump or sometimes middle-off depending on the pitch type and bowler im using then bowl a short cross seam or bouncer last ball of the over.

Do you bowl your last ball of the over short cross seam or bouncer as a possible wicket taking delivery.....or an attempt to counteract the AI 's penchant to keep the run rate up by smacking the last ball of the over to the boundary?

rasdan

Club Captain
Do you bowl your last ball of the over short cross seam or bouncer as a possible wicket taking delivery.....or an attempt to counteract the AI 's penchant to keep the run rate up by smacking the last ball of the over to the boundary?

i use it mainly to stop a final ball boundary but as the AI batsmen like to score off the last ball theres always a chance they may nick it or find a fielder out near the boundary.im currently playing ashes 2nd test and dont have anyone near the boundary so ive tried using a slower ball full delivery last ball of the over and so far its been effective at stopping runs and the batsmen has missed it a few times almost getting bowled

Users who are viewing this thread