Australian Domestic Cricket

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Drat. You mean I missed the live stream. Looked a better match than the one I watched on the box. Are we enjoying the add-free coverage by Fox? Shame the Shield wont be covered.
I'm fine that the Shield isn't going to be televised on Fox, but loving this Fox Cricket coverage of the JLT Cup.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Queensland's first aired match will be against NSW on October 1st. Fox doesn't seems to have much going on, why didn't they just air the whole lot?

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Queensland's first aired match will be against NSW on October 1st. Fox doesn't seems to have much going on, why didn't they just air the whole lot?
Good question. Have they reduced the number of games again.. down on last year when they cut it to 8 rounds. As long as I watch the Shield on live stream. I just tried logging into my ACF acct and it was nor accepted. Not a happy chappy..

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
The Cricket Australia Pathways Program is flawed in its effort to prepare Australia's best young cricketers for a First Class career. Up until they begin Premier Cricket all these young cricketers play are white ball formats. Is it any wonder then that some of them do not have the technique needed to survive the immense pressure of top class red ball cricket. A prime example is Blues teen Jack Edwards. A man with an astute cricket brain former Test captain Kim Hughes pointed out Edward's diabolical technique in the JLT Cup match yesterday. Prior to meeting the ball the youngster moves his back leg deep into his crease and well to the leg side exposing his off stump. There has been no attempt by his junior coaches to get him behind and over the ball at the point of contact. With that technique he is always playing away from his body. This is unforgiveable CA and must be addressed asap.
What are your views on this?

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Lynn amongst the runs again. His second 50 in two games. If he can hold that dreaded shoulder together he must be in our T20 and 50 over sides. Good to see the promising Sam Heazlett getting runs too. Max Bryant we will let you have.. even tho he was born south of the Qld border.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Henriques gets his usual 20 odd. Patterson, who hit some sublime cover drives in last game, has been put on notice to turn good starts into tons if he wants a Baggy Green.. Patterson reminds me of a left handed Greg Chappell. Not sure 50 overs is his suited format as he scores too slowly. Now he is gone and the Blues falling into their usual mid innings hole. Will it be Daniel Sams to the rescue yet again.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
You will hammer us if we field the same bunch of no hopers as in the first three games. Where are our new gen? I wanna see Sangha, Fallins and Nair given a chance to impresss. Other states are giving youth a shot. Only Jack Edwards for us.

Last edited:

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
The Bulls polish off the 289 total in just over 35 overs. Lynsanity was let loose on a hapless Redbacks attack.. smoking a brilliant ton in 70 balls. That was a man of the match performance yet CA pet Stanlake got the gong.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
No heroics from Sams today as the "guru" Gurinder Sandhu has remembered how to bowl and has sent him back to the sheds for his first failure of the campaign. Blues falling apart like a rusty old car now. How is it possible that a state that wins most of the national titles fields such a second class domestic side? It is infuriating.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
No heroics from Sams today as the "guru" Gurinder Sandhu has remembered how to bowl and has sent him back to the sheds for his first failure of the campaign. Blues falling apart like a rusty old car now. How is it possible that a state that wins most of the national titles fields such a second class domestic side? It is infuriating.

I don't know why NSW management select Phil Jacques as a coach. High risk shots and strike rate plays a big factor in modern day cricket, NSW players need to learn this art ASAP.

Injury issues and national team duties are the main factor of Henriques demise. NSW lack quality batsman ln their lineup. I think Jason Sangha must replace Edwards. Sangha and Hughes will be a better duo. O'Keeffe need to bat highter in limited overs format.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
I don't know why NSW management select Phil Jacques as a coach. High risk shots and strike rate plays a big factor in modern day cricket, NSW players need to learn this art ASAP.

Injury issues and national team duties are the main factor of Henriques demise. NSW lack quality batsman ln their lineup. I think Jason Sangha must replace Edwards. Sangha and Hughes will be a better duo. O'Keeffe need to bat highter in limited overs format.
Jaques is a good choice as the coach imho. Keep Edwards he is only one scoring consistent runs.. he and Sams. SOK is done and dusted. How many wickets has he taken. How many runs has he scored. We need a ODD slow bowler who can take regular wickets such as a Zampa..plus who can chip in with useful runs. Daniel Fallins or Arjun Nair fit that bill.. Henriques, Larkin, SOK, Dwarhuis should be jettisoned.

Last edited:

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
When did Gurinder Sandhu last get a four for in any format? Could this move to Tasmania revive his career. He is a talented bowler who appears to have lost his way since taking out the Steve Waugh Medal several years ago. Go " Guru"!

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
NSW, i think are back on track for success again, the reason why they've been so good for so long was because of their investment into the youngsters. They've kinda dropped that since Steve Smith got into the international scene it seems. Queensland has a super young team, and yet they won the Shield last season, not a single player is over 30. Youngsters are key in the domestic scene.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Queensland finally has a win on the board after destroying the Redbacks. Former Netherlands international Tom Cooper's 139 wasn't enough to be bowled out for 280. Max Bryant, Sam Heazlett and Chris Lynn all played wonderful knocks making a joke out of the Redbacks, besides Zampa, they were woeful. Heazlett's knock has been overshadowed by Bryant and Lynn even though he held the innings tightly together. Stanlake's bowling was quite remarkable.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Abbott needed a followup performance to avoid the chopper.. and has delivered. Best he has bowled in a long time. The wicket with which he snared Wade would have done Starc proud. Sams continues to impress. Finally the Blues are on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread