Australian Domestic Cricket

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
The Cricket Australia Pathways Program has one glaring flaw in its effort to prepare Australia's best young cricketers for a First Class career. Up until they begin Premier Cricket all these young cricketers play are white ball formats. Is it any wonder then that some of them do not have the technique needed to survive the immense pressure of top class red ball cricket. A prime example is Blues teen Jack Edwards. A man with an astute cricket brain former Test captain Kim Hughes pointed out Edward's diabolical technique in the JLT Cup match this week. Prior to meeting the ball the youngster moves his back leg deep into his crease and well to the leg side exposing his off stump. There has been no attempt by his junior coaches to get him behind and over the ball at the point of contact. With that technique he is always playing away from his body. This is unforgiveable CA and must be addressed asap.
Mike as an Aussie and a PC newbie I would like your views on this.[/QUOTE]

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
WA only has the small task of scoring 388 to win over at Hurstville Oval after a record breaking 257 from D'Arcy Short.

WA has recalled star quick Jason Behrendorff for his first match since last November. Gotta say it is great to see the Dorff back on a cricket field. Chances are his crook back will stop him ever playing Test cricket.. ala Coulter-Nile and James Pattinson.

Last edited:

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Sucks that Fox didn't air basically any of the Bulls matches. They've been the best ones.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
The Cricket Australia Pathways Program has one glaring flaw in its effort to prepare Australia's best young cricketers for a First Class career. Up until they begin Premier Cricket all these young cricketers play are white ball formats. Is it any wonder then that some of them do not have the technique needed to survive the immense pressure of top class red ball cricket. A prime example is Blues teen Jack Edwards. A man with an astute cricket brain former Test captain Kim Hughes pointed out Edward's diabolical technique in the JLT Cup match this week. Prior to meeting the ball the youngster moves his back leg deep into his crease and well to the leg side exposing his off stump. There has been no attempt by his junior coaches to get him behind and over the ball at the point of contact. With that technique he is always playing away from his body. This is unforgiveable CA and must be addressed asap.
Your going to get a juniors thought on this.
Personally the only thing i'm really trying to figure out is the best stance you can take when being a batsmen. Stance is very important i think its getting glossed over. You can have all the shots in the book, but if you don't have the stance, it'll be very hard to get into a good position to play those shots. I see batsmen going a bit slower in their stance, i see Kholi who stands a bit higher. It can all get a bit confusing.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Sucks that Fox didn't air basically any of the Bulls matches. They've been the best ones.
I was wondering about that too. thankfully CA is live streaming it. I am giving the Bulls a good shot at getting this target.. Hurstville is postage stamp sized with a lightning fast outfield. Lynn and Bryant could do some serious damage.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Your going to get a juniors thought on this.
Personally the only thing i'm really trying to figure out is the best stance you can take when being a batsmen. Stance is very important i think its getting glossed over. You can have all the shots in the book, but if you don't have the stance, it'll be very hard to get into a good position to play those shots. I see batsmen going a bit slower in their stance, i see Kholi who stands a bit higher. It can all get a bit confusing.
Whatta you mean a junior's thought?

Technique is all important and that starts with the stance. I have seen some odd stances creeping into our game. Steve Smiths and George Bailey for instance. But these blokes are so good that despite the odd stance they are always in a perfect position to face the ball at point of contact. Obviously looking at Edward's dreadful stance he has not been tutored correctly for red ball cricket but white ball. A red ball component must be introduced into the U17 and U19 nationals as a matter of urgency.. What say you Mike?

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Lone hand by Sam Heazlett as Bulls making a decent fist of this mammoth total. I am predicting a breakout season for Heazlett.

Any one having live stream trouble?

Last edited:

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
The Bulls having a decent crack at this very hard ask.
Might need to play a bit of a T20 innings.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
A Bulls collapse gives the Western Australia boys another win. If you look at the scorecard, Short was the only who really made a score in the Western Australia innings, it was incredibility big, but he was the only one.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ben McDermott with a second ton. Is putting his name forward for next years WC.

I think Ben can play as wicketkeeper batsman in Australian side after Tim Paine retirement. Excellent bottom hand player, team man.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
A Bulls collapse gives the Western Australia boys another win. If you look at the scorecard, Short was the only who really made a score in the Western Australia innings, it was incredibility big, but he was the only one.
Yep. Heazlett led the way for the Bulls but he ha d good support from Lynn and Hemphrey.

Users who are viewing this thread