Cricket 19 General Discussion

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Or utterly ignore anything to do with the IPL......
Hmm not sure if this a light hearted poke or not or even if this the right place to discuss such things..

But I think at the end of the day, the ipl certainly needs attention not least from the amount money it whirlpools, but from what that whirlpool generates - the highest quality t20 tournament in the world! (Bar maybe the t20 World Cup) Yeah it may have started the rot in the first place, but it’s what the kids want! And the traditionalists will just want something to watch once the other formats have withered and died.. I remember reading somewhere about something to do with the Australian pay dispute that the big bash was only breaking even financially after there intitial outlay to get the comp up and running.. I mean it’s not too far fetched to think that the big bash will eventually become unsustainable if the quality doesn’t rise (half to do with international scheduling and the other half a resource issue to entice better foreign players), backed up by dwindling crowd numbers this year. And if that were to happen here in Australia where cricket is #1 summer sport then it’s conceivable to think it could happen anywhere else in the world.

Alas I believe the IPL is something that needs a lot more attention, not least from us but from every one invested involved or interested in cricket.. rant over lol

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hmm not sure if this a light hearted poke or not or even if this the right place to discuss such things..

But I think at the end of the day, the ipl certainly needs attention not least from the amount money it whirlpools, but from what that whirlpool generates - the highest quality t20 tournament in the world! (Bar maybe the t20 World Cup) Yeah it may have started the rot in the first place, but it’s what the kids want! And the traditionalists will just want something to watch once the other formats have withered and died.. I remember reading somewhere about something to do with the Australian pay dispute that the big bash was only breaking even financially after there intitial outlay to get the comp up and running.. I mean it’s not too far fetched to think that the big bash will eventually become unsustainable if the quality doesn’t rise (half to do with international scheduling and the other half a resource issue to entice better foreign players), backed up by dwindling crowd numbers this year. And if that were to happen here in Australia where cricket is #1 summer sport then it’s conceivable to think it could happen anywhere else in the world.

Alas I believe the IPL is something that needs a lot more attention, not least from us but from every one invested involved or interested in cricket.. rant over lol
That’s an eye opener about Big Bash, didn’t know about the fact that crowds are dwindling! IPL, has an increase in crowd and has been able to luckily sustain, many didn’t expect! Again, my original message was to most fans of IPL here, who are also waiting to Cricket19, to enjoy the IPL, till this beautiful Cricket19 is out and in our hands!

D

Dutch

Or live and let live!
So all i said was that contrary to people watching and playing the IPL, I will be ignoring it. It bores me.....my personal opinion. If people enjoy it great, if not dont. Nowhere did I say everyone has to ignore it or those that ere excited by it cant enjoy it. Jeez people, grow some...anyway lets leave the merits of the IPL to other more valid threads......back on topic......Will there be batzzz...

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
That’s an eye opener about Big Bash, didn’t know about the fact that crowds are dwindling! IPL, has an increase in crowd and has been able to luckily sustain, many didn’t expect! Again, my original message was to most fans of IPL here, who are also waiting to Cricket19, to enjoy the IPL, till this beautiful Cricket19 is out and in our hands!
Yes it sure is pal, the general feedback here is that the big bash is suffering from over saturation and a lack of international quality(we don’t get our best players because of the international home summer). It’s lost it’s early glitter it had initially and now with the restructuring of broadcasting for cricket it’s becoming clearer that cricket in general is in turmoil here. It’s interesting to hear the ipl is going from strength to strength, have you got any thoughts of why that is? I recently watched the Mumbai Indians documentary on Netflix and the one thing that really resonated with me was a match where the owners let under privileged kids in for free and they filled up the stadium, not just for the gesture but for the money they must have sacrificed to make it happen, pretty astonishing stuff if you ask me!

Reactions: DAP

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
So all i said was that contrary to people watching and playing the IPL, I will be ignoring it. It bores me.....my personal opinion. If people enjoy it great, if not dont. Nowhere did I say everyone has to ignore it or those that ere excited by it cant enjoy it. Jeez people, grow some...anyway lets leave the merits of the IPL to other more valid threads......back on topic......Will there be batzzz...
Don’t think you’ve got my agenda mate.. my point is eventually all you’ll have to play is an ipl game, because that’s all of cricket that will be left (maybe not we might all be dead by then)... Embrace it! That’s what I’m saying! I hate t20 with a passion but at the end of the day it’s cricket and it’s the future!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yes it sure is pal, the general feedback here is that the big bash is suffering from over saturation and a lack of international quality(we don’t get our best players because of the international home summer). It’s lost it’s early glitter it had initially and now with the restructuring of broadcasting for cricket it’s becoming clearer that cricket in general is in turmoil here. It’s interesting to hear the ipl is going from strength to strength, have you got any thoughts of why that is? I recently watched the Mumbai Indians documentary on Netflix and the one thing that really resonated with me was a match where the owners let under privileged kids in for free and they filled up the stadium, not just for the gesture but for the money they must have sacrificed to make it happen, pretty astonishing stuff if you ask me!
I loved the documentary. Good to watch. I really hoped Big Bash would be able to stay around for more years to come. I enjoy it sometimes.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I didn’t mean it in a wrong way, just like that. Anyway, yes let’s get back to the topic now! However, I’d just like to say to those who are getting impatient, find something to do for two months. Or maybe we get a good news in the upcoming week :)

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
some cool features I thought of was on the scorecard you could see how many boundary you have got also maybe your strike rate vice verser for the bowler maybe in a t20 how many dot balls you have bowled also for cut scenes maybe the players running onto the ground would be pretty cool

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just looking on the web to see the previous game, Ashes Cricket, had an official trailer release about 2 months before the game was released. Considering Cricket 19 is estimated to be released on May 28, we should expect a full trailer within the next week or two most likely, although that's only if they follow suit with Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread