Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
wonder if my boy matt can let us know if they have found a potential fix I reckon they have
Probably working on it, and trust BA to fix it. I will still enjoy whatever improvements they've made, with 1.04!

Edit --> Matt already gave an update:
Yep, this is known, and along with some fixes for the logo issues there will be another update in the next day or so to resolve.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Took a caught and bowled off a leading edge in a Test. The edges and clean bowleds in this game look so real!

Suddenly my keeper’s in the habit of conceding loads of overthrows however.

In career it keeps crashing when I touch my player’s appearance. Can’t quite get into career anyway. Loving my Test league. Much prefer controlling whole team.

N Jones

Club Captain
What you not liking? General feeling is this has been a big step up..
Played my first ODI today, full 50 overs a side...sprint button while batting didn't do anything. Batting I found hard even on pro/medium/medium but that's down to me to practice etc. Then it's my turn to bowl and as in the last 2 game's when I'm throwing the ball to the keeper I'm just hoping he's facing the right way to stop the ball.then at the end of the match my user stat's show I scored 118 off 138 ball's when actually as England I scored 311. I'd just like to know why in the 4th installment of the game these things are still happening. Presentation wise I think it's a great improvement with the different cameras sweeping over the grounds etc plus it's got my home ground the Kia Oval in it which is fantastic.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi New Poster Here is it me or the al dont dive on the boundary to stop the ball otherwise really like the game ?

N Jones

Club Captain
Took a caught and bowled off a leading edge in a Test. The edges and clean bowleds in this game look so real!

Suddenly my keeper’s in the habit of conceding loads of overthrows however.

In career it keeps crashing when I touch my player’s appearance. Can’t quite get into career anyway. Loving my Test league. Much prefer controlling whole team.
Overthrow's is my main issue as well as the stat's. I just don't feel confident throwing to the keeper

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Overthrow's is my main issue as well as the stat's. I just don't feel confident throwing to the keeper

I had no problem for two Tests, it just went particularly awry in my current one. I’d played the second innings of my last match post the latest patch but maybe the patch and a new match and something’s gone wrong. It was particularly bad early on in the innings but seemed to calm down a bit. Will see how second innings goes.

davevalo

School Cricketer
I just wanted to say I am having too much fun playing the Switch version of this game.
It feels so good and awesome to just lie down in bed and hit 6's with Warner and Khwaja or do some
reverse sweeps with Maxwell.
The first patch really improved the Switch version a lot.
Also in docked mode the graphics are very good, i dont even need a PS4 version for graphics.

The switch version is just a few patches away from being the best version.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can anyone explain the pitch friction setting, and what effect it has by being higher or lower?

In the stadium creator, it defaults to 1.00 and can only be lowered from there.

Does less pitch friction affect e.g. spin or seam, and if so does it make it turn/seam more or less?

@WealeyH @MattW

timmy94

Club Captain
Anyone else noticing a lot more edges now?? There were a lot before (my wkt keeper took 7 catches in an innings) but now it is a joke.

I managed to get beat defending 270 off 40 overs (crazy) but most runs were edges that go at super speed so no matter who you put on the boundary they don’t stop it!!! India were left with 16 to win off 12 balls....4 concsecutive edges for 4....:facepalm

Curtis

School Cricketer
I've played a couple of online games against two players. When they bat they each control one batsman making for some hilarious run outs.

Question is what happens when they bowl does one bowl and the other play Wicket keeper? I haven't been able to tell.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Did something happen to the load times when you search for anything in the academy post 1.04. Seems to be taking an age to bring up results

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Nintendo Switch version looks awesome, getting it on June 11th. Cricket 19 on Commute!!!! Who would've thought?!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1559845428][/DOUBLEPOST]@Parcelmoose where are you buddy, the original creator of C19 hype?!

Been busy since the game's release, so can never be bothered going through the 10+ daily pages on all the threads.
Not played too much of the game, but it is BA's best game despite some still major issues for me.
As a Yorkshireman, playing at Headingley for the first time was quite a moving experience. Something which I wouldn't have excepted a Sport game to do.

s0074845

Club Captain
Hi all,

I don't know if this is flaw or not but it seems when you bang the ball short and have square leg and short fine leg inside the circle, the AI seems to be getting caught all the time playing full/hook shot. It does not matter whether its left hand or right hand batsman. The wicket is Hard and Dry and pitch condition is day 2. Since I was getting good bounce, I decide to use bouncers.

It also does not matter whether you bowl slow short pitch bouncer or the quick one too by pressing L1+L2 or L1+R2 using Circle button on PS4

I know this kind of exploit should not be used. But I found it by accident when I had the fielders inside the circle on the power play.

I had 5 wickets including a quart trick as I wanted to test if indeed this was some kind of an issue with the AI playing the same shot over the short pitch stuff.

The AI difficulty was Veteran with default modifiers.

I will post in the bugs thread if you would like to me

I was SA and AI was England in this context (50 Over Match)

PS4 Patch 1.04

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread