Different Game Speed in Different Modes?

beswick13

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a simple fix that I'm missing, hence why it's not in the Bug section of the forum.

I've noticed that despite keeping difficulty the same across both 'Play Now' and other game modes, they seem to be played out at a different speed.

While batting, the bowling feels slower in game modes (World Championship/Ashes/Career all tried), with the ball sometimes not going through to the keeper. In 'Play Now', I've noticed a little less time to play shots and better carry through to the keeper, which I prefer.

To trial this, I used the same teams playing in the same format but in different modes. I had Australia v West Indies at the same ground at the same time, with the same pitch conditions, and the same bowlers bowling (Roach/Cottrell).

Has anyone noticed this or am I going crazy? I'm playing on PC if this helps.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a simple fix that I'm missing, hence why it's not in the Bug section of the forum.

I've noticed that despite keeping difficulty the same across both 'Play Now' and other game modes, they seem to be played out at a different speed.

While batting, the bowling feels slower in game modes (World Championship/Ashes/Career all tried), with the ball sometimes not going through to the keeper. In 'Play Now', I've noticed a little less time to play shots and better carry through to the keeper, which I prefer.

To trial this, I used the same teams playing in the same format but in different modes. I had Australia v West Indies at the same ground at the same time, with the same pitch conditions, and the same bowlers bowling (Roach/Cottrell).

Has anyone noticed this or am I going crazy? I'm playing on PC if this helps.

Yeah it’s weird!

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have noticed the same thing. Very prominent in Competition mode. This game keeos throwing up strange bugs unseen in previous games.

Have you filed a bug report on this issue at their support desk?

beswick13

Club Cricketer
Have noticed the same thing. Very prominent in Competition mode. This game keeos throwing up strange bugs unseen in previous games.

Have you filed a bug report on this issue at their support desk?

I will now. I wasn't sure if it was just me but given other people have the same issue I'll put it there too.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Just has this now as I have been selected for the one day plate in my career mode everything going quicker including 4s

shan111

Associate Captain
Csn confirm thst the bug affects every play mode other than 'Play Now' mode. How come only few of us have noticed this extremely annoying bug while others have not?
@beswick13 did you get any useful reply from the support dest?

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
I will now. I wasn't sure if it was just me but given other people have the same issue I'll put it there too.
I and @Irtileaf have raised this issue multiple times before. I have also reported it in the bug thread. But so far there has been no fix. Guess posting it again has no harm though.

The only workaround right now is to go to difficulty->custom difficulty and in the physics slider, bump up both the pacer's max and min speed until you feel like it resembles the Play Now mode. When the user comes out to bowl, revert the physics change. I keep my sliders to about 85/75 but keep tinkering with it.

shan111

Associate Captain
For me, the latest patch hasn't fixed anything. I am still getting normal paced bowling game play speed only in Play Now and Career mode while the other modes still have the slower game play speed which is very noticeable while batting against AI. Did the last patch change anything for you guys?

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me, the latest patch hasn't fixed anything. I am still getting normal paced bowling game play speed only in Play Now and Career mode while the other modes still have the slower game play speed which is very noticeable while batting against AI. Did the last patch change anything for you guys?

Yes this hasn't been fixed.

@Dutch can you please notify the team regarding this issue. It's quite a deal breaker. Thanks.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes this hasn't been fixed.

@Dutch can you please notify the team regarding this issue. It's quite a deal breaker. Thanks.

1. Also please @MattW @BigAntStudios set WicketKeeper with normal Human abilities , even though we know its just a game but keeper cannot be a super man who can take catches everywhere especially while bowling with Spinners :lol

2. Advanced shots (Step out and ground shots ) are still not in this game. Why was this removed in Cricket 19? , all other editions we had this shot.

3. Fielding placements issues.

Please fix them :cheers

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
2. Advanced shots (Step out and ground shots ) are still not in this game. Why was this removed in Cricket 19? , all other editions we had this shot.
Press R3 for advance down then press R2 and L2 which is aggressive ground shots you get them playing advance down ground shots..

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Press R3 for advance down then press R2 and L2 which is aggressive ground shots you get them playing advance down ground shots..

I will try this today, you mean the controls for this shot is changed in Cricket 19? Earlier it used to be just Tap R3 + R2 and give the direction of the shot to be played.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I will try this today, you mean the controls for this shot is changed in Cricket 19? Earlier it used to be just Tap R3 + R2 and give the direction of the shot to be played.
Yeah it was like that but I think they reconfigured it this time to add it into the game..

Users who are viewing this thread