Fast Bowling - How can I make it more challenging?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maybe turn bowling difficulty down to hard or medium, still a challenge, see if that helps the AI. Really weird, never seen that sort of issue before.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If I were to make a guess I would say your laptop doesn't leave enough resources for AI batsman to play a shot in given time.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
If I were to make a guess I would say your laptop doesn't leave enough resources for AI batsman to play a shot in given time.
Don't think so, AI isn't a make or break in any game dependent on CPU horsepower. If the cpu wasn't good enough the game would ctd or hang and freeze. The AI don't stop doing things in GTA 5 if the cpu isn't good enough. The game just won't load.

This varies with games, like Total War for example, if you exceed a certain amount of units on screen, the game turns into a slide show for animations while still being smooth in terms of fps.

As a few others have stated, hardest difficulties in this game act weird. I have a feeling if he turns down the bowling difficulty things might look better.

@Opiam If the game is still borking itself after trying a few difficulties might be worth sending a support ticket to BA, as I have a feeling no-one here can help you as we've never seen this before.

I'll tag @MattW as he might be able to help out a bit more as well.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Never seen anything like that. It's almost like the game thinks there is a 2nd player controlling the batting and doing nothing.
I saw it once. And I'm 1000 hours in. It was recent. So maybe something with latest patch. But it was also with a tailender with single digit batting skill. I just pitched one down leg stump and he didn't even flinch.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I saw it once. And I'm 1000 hours in. It was recent. So maybe something with latest patch. But it was also with a tailender with single digit batting skill. I just pitched one down leg stump and he didn't even flinch.
I've seen the AI have a strange habit of leaving full/yorker deliveries but that's an actual leave, this looks like it's waiting for an input.

Opiam

School Cricketer
The game runs smooth on my laptop on high setting when I am not recording. Plus I was able to replicate the issue on my desktop which has a 3700x, 2070 Super and 64GB of ram. I am playing the steam version so my save carries across. Anyway, having a lot better luck on Veteran/Hard. I also found that I had the game on my PS4 so started levelling a pace bowler on there to see.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Appreciate your help.

kapcha42

Banned Pirate
Profile Flag
India
I've seen the AI have a strange habit of leaving full/yorker deliveries but that's an actual leave, this looks like it's waiting for an input.
yeah and sometimes in a game Ai suddenly wakes up and start hitiing almost every ball to fence unless Ai losses that wicket

Opiam

School Cricketer
Quick update from me on this. I have not faced this issue any further while playing under veteran AI and hard bowling. I have since levelled up my fast bowler to max and find that setting AI wicket chance to 70 produces the most realistic experience. I get 2-4 wickets per match but only if a bowl a disciplined line and length. Fifers are rare indeed. I get punished if I try to be too fancy.

First Class matches are a joy to play. You really get the feel of setting up a batsman.

Also, what does strength, cardio and agility impact? I am trying to work out if it is worth taking any of the related perks.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Quick update from me on this. I have not faced this issue any further while playing under veteran AI and hard bowling. I have since levelled up my fast bowler to max and find that setting AI wicket chance to 70 produces the most realistic experience. I get 2-4 wickets per match but only if a bowl a disciplined line and length. Fifers are rare indeed. I get punished if I try to be too fancy.

First Class matches are a joy to play. You really get the feel of setting up a batsman.

Also, what does strength, cardio and agility impact? I am trying to work out if it is worth taking any of the related perks.
Strength affects throwing power, shot power (in accordance with skill level).

Cardio, probably affects how fast stamina drains when batting, bowling and fielding.

Agility, not too sure to be honest. I've always thought it affects things like caught and bowled (in accordance with reflex catching skill level) and maybe effectiveness of special shots. But this is pure speculation on my part.

Royadav

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Picked this game up at release but didnt play much due to RL stuff. Fired it up again recently and have been enjoying it heaps. I have the steam version. Playing as a fast bowler in career mode. Have toiled through club cricket and have now made it into my state side (NSW). My bowling level is in the fifties and I am overall L45. I have speed, accuracy, swing and yorkers maxxed

Issue I am having is that I am ripping through opposition at state level without breaking a sweat. I am bowling out teams myself for 1-2 runs. Yorkers are a guaranteed wicket and my outswingers are unplayable as well.

I have bowling difficulty set at hardest and AI at Legend. I also created a custom difficulty setting with AI strike chance higher and wicket loss chance lower. Didnt make a difference. My next option is to turn off the bowling hud i guess. And maybee give up some of the bowling perks for more fitness/batting ones.

Anyone face similar issues? Are yorkers majorly OP as well? Any other difficulty changes worth implementing? Thanks
Bro I have this same problem please tell me the solution.

Users who are viewing this thread