Difficulty levels

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Funny this is cropping up as I'm having the exact same issue.

I have found that pro is not ne necessarily easier than Veteran.
But the dismissals are different edges to slips Bowleds etc.

My biggest issue and one that I think makes the skills a bit of a farce is if you try make a batsmen 90+ just for batting it's almost impossible.

I skilled two batsmen exactly the same to a tee and their batting stats are completely different! Makes no sense!
I had the same problem I had batsman skills maxed out to full and some batsman batting skill was 75 how does that work if they are max shouldn't they have a batting skill of 100

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I don't think the issue is that the difficulty changes I just thi k you are unable to bowl perfectly balls as frequently so they score more often and get out less from the magic balls.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't think the issue is that the difficulty changes I just thi k you are unable to bowl perfectly balls as frequently so they score more often and get out less from the magic balls.
Have you tried different difficulty settings I'm going to go back to pro but vary the batting and Bowling difficulties between hard and hardest to see what results I get hopefully will find a good balance first off will do tests then try one dayers

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Funny this is cropping up as I'm having the exact same issue.

I have found that pro is not ne necessarily easier than Veteran.
But the dismissals are different edges to slips Bowleds etc.

My biggest issue and one that I think makes the skills a bit of a farce is if you try make a batsmen 90+ just for batting it's almost impossible.

I skilled two batsmen exactly the same to a tee and their batting stats are completely different! Makes no sense!
Hey Wealey just a note that the batting skills of AI batsman I think don't really do much for example I have David Gower in England team I'm playing against who has a batting skill of 90 yet he has made 81 runs in 8 innings with a highest score of 21 also have G MILLER who has a batting skill of 52 and has made 324 runs in 8 innings with a highest score of 94 so I dont think the numbers of each player really have an effect

Rohit Basu

Banned
Can any one in online matches the vetran and legend mode are played in which difficulty mode as it career.for example legend mode easy medium hard hardest. If I have to practice for online legend mode which is the best mode to practice in career mode.please if any body can answer

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can any one in online matches the vetran and legend mode are played in which difficulty mode as it career.for example legend mode easy medium hard hardest. If I have to practice for online legend mode which is the best mode to practice in career mode.please if any body can answer
Hi, Our online tournament is LEGEND, and I am practicing in career with Legend/ Hardest / Hardest, but later found Legend/Hard (batting) / Hardest to be a better fit

Rohit Basu

Banned
Hi, Our online tournament is LEGEND, and I am practicing in career with Legend/ Hardest / Hardest, but later found Legend/Hard (batting) / Hardest to be a better fit
Legend hard or hardest in batting and bowling

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

What do you about pre-meditation while batting coz with these settings the ball marker is displayed too late to play a shot based on line & length of the delivery. With these settings it's the same as batting in DBC 14 where you pre-meditate and play the shot irrespective of the delivery.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
What do you about pre-meditation while batting coz with these settings the ball marker is displayed too late to play a shot based on line & length of the delivery. With these settings it's the same as batting in DBC 14 where you pre-meditate and play the shot irrespective of the delivery.
Indeed it is, but I don't make the online tournament rules, so I got to practice somehow ;)

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

You got to have brilliant mind reading skills ....

:)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
You got to have brilliant mind reading skills ....

:)

The ball marker displayed earlier to take away pre-meditation is the best thing about DBC 17. Don't you think taking it out of equation takes away the biggest improvement in DBC 17? Wouldn't using custom sliders for batting (say 60 for all the batting related ones) and a slightly higher for ball marker display time (say 30) take care of the difficulty level?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The ball marker displayed earlier to take away pre-meditation is the best thing about DBC 17. Don't you think taking it out of equation takes away the biggest improvement in DBC 17? Wouldn't using custom sliders for batting (say 60 for all the batting related ones) and a slightly higher for ball marker display time (say 30) take care of the difficulty level?
Cant use sliders for online play....

Users who are viewing this thread