Review: Most Annoying bugs in dbc17 after patch 4

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
After losing it with the career mode, I started up a Big Bash league. 5 games in it freezes and crashes my xbox and this happens every time I try and load up that save. Does any mode in this game work?

ThatDamnAussie

School Cricketer
This issue has been bugging my wife and I since we bought the game just after Patch 3 came out.

The batsmen would get an edge (sometimes bloody obvious other times feather of an edge) and it would carry to the keeper or fielder, we appeal, Umpire raises the finger, commentators say gone! out etc, team congratulates each other, BUT the Info Box with the dismissal of the batsmen and the animation of him walking off DON'T appear, the game cuts back to the next ball and he's still there!. We had it happen 6 times in a single innings to the same batsmen. Incredibly frustrating.

Needs to be fixed!

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I have a hunch that the stats issue is closely related to the last ball of the over not showing... Someone posted here saying that they hit the winning runs but their average reflected that before they hit the runs.

I'm thinking that the last ball of every innings isn't recorded. So if you hit the winning runs with your own player, it doesn't register. This could also contribute to the error in NOs/Innings as well. If the game is dependent on that final ball's results being recorded I.e. a flag triggers to say you are 37 not out, then if that doesn't happen, the game just assumes you were out for 33.

As for the inconsistencies between the in game stats, and the career stats - I'd suggest one is based on Innings less Not Outs and the other is based on the number of dismissals, each recorded separately with in the game. So the one that uses dismissals is usually more correct, but it will still never be right if you hit the winning runs with your player, since these runs are never recorded. It sounded like the fixing Patch 4 was meant to address this number of dismissals inconsistency, but I can't tell if it did, but it almost certainly hasn't fixed the result of the final ball of an over/innings being accounted for correctly.

As for duplicate innings, I can only guess that it might have something to do with saving a game mid-match and when you next load, it adds an extra innings. To me, this is the only way the stats can be fundamentally screwed because the calculations themselves are pretty straight forward and you would think would be easily modified. The actually recording of the stats though is the more difficult part.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have a hunch that the stats issue is closely related to the last ball of the over not showing... Someone posted here saying that they hit the winning runs but their average reflected that before they hit the runs.

I'm thinking that the last ball of every innings isn't recorded. So if you hit the winning runs with your own player, it doesn't register. This could also contribute to the error in NOs/Innings as well. If the game is dependent on that final ball's results being recorded I.e. a flag triggers to say you are 37 not out, then if that doesn't happen, the game just assumes you were out for 33.

As for the inconsistencies between the in game stats, and the career stats - I'd suggest one is based on Innings less Not Outs and the other is based on the number of dismissals, each recorded separately with in the game. So the one that uses dismissals is usually more correct, but it will still never be right if you hit the winning runs with your player, since these runs are never recorded. It sounded like the fixing Patch 4 was meant to address this number of dismissals inconsistency, but I can't tell if it did, but it almost certainly hasn't fixed the result of the final ball of an over/innings being accounted for correctly.

As for duplicate innings, I can only guess that it might have something to do with saving a game mid-match and when you next load, it adds an extra innings. To me, this is the only way the stats can be fundamentally screwed because the calculations themselves are pretty straight forward and you would think would be easily modified. The actually recording of the stats though is the more difficult part.

Sorry to pour water on your theory but in the career mode, right after my first match where I scored 20 and was out - and not off the last ball. The stats showed my Top score to be 19 and my Total Score of 20! This had nothing to do with the last ball and same for double the number of 50s it shows at FC level or wrong number of innings played. The stats are a mess and it surely isn't due to "last ball" thingy.

Users who are viewing this thread