So the console users were indeed guinea pigs...

gogabutt

Club Captain
I got a chance to play the PC version of DBC17 and I am impressed... I can tell you it is way much better than the console version. The batting mechanism looks great with 360 degree shots and there seems to be some improvements in the AI fielding. However, a lot needs to be fixed in AI fielding, animations etc. @BigAntStudios so the question becomes why frustrate your 90% audience (console users) by releasing an unfinished product and why 10% population (PC users) gets a far superior game? This was the same pattern noted at the time of DBC14 release i.e. the console users have to wait months for updates...Anyways, I can only hope whenever you decide to release the patch # 3, it should be a comprehensive fix i.e. batting, AI fielding, animations, stats etc.

On the side note, the ability to customize pretty much everything is the best part of DBC17. I am not currently playing the game but I enjoy creating stadiums and players.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Console had a patch within days of release, indeed two of them. We put them out as fast as is possible given the restraints of the platform. The "guinea pigs" are the Beta group that test for us on PC.

Games with complex User Generated Content (such as DBC) and online elements are rarely shipped in a condition that does not require further work/patches. Even the largest studios cannot find the amount of time for testing that is equivalent to the literally millions of hours that the game will face in its first week of release.

I believe that the game is more than playable straight out of the box but I acknowledge that there are some issues that should not have been overlooked/not found by our QA department, things at BA in that department have changed because of this release - it won't happen again.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Console users need to accept the fact that their machines aren't as good and you're never going to match the PC version unless it's horribly optimised (Arkham Knight) Also modding has taken a backward step to make the inferior consoles happy and PC version of RLL3 literally had a beta testing group which DBC 17 might have too.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Console users need to accept the fact that their machines aren't as good and you're never going to match the PC version unless it's horribly optimised (Arkham Knight) Also modding has taken a backward step to make the inferior consoles happy and PC version of RLL3 literally had a beta testing group which DBC 17 might have too.
At least with consoles you have a guarantee that the game will run on your machine on release. If not you know its a problem with the game rather than hardware. I'm more than happy with the gameplay aspect of DBC 17 and I feel i've had my money's worth without even having all the teams available and not touched career mode.

atimlin

Club Cricketer

This is the third time that I've noticed that you have brought this up. No-one is disputing the fact that PC's are much more powerful than consoles which are mostly stuck in the time in which they are realised barring slight software upgrades and '.5' versions like the Playstation Pro. For these reasons, PCs will always be able to be graphically superior and quicker in terms of output. However, what console owners like myself are more annoyed about are the basic things which weren't picked up which have been included in the PC release; none of which have anything to do with the areas which you keep mentioning. In other words, imagine if a game called the Jumping Pixel was released on consoles and PC. Both consoles and PCs could handle this simple game but of course console owners would be annoyed if their pixel doesn't jump when the PCs version can. You keep missing the point of our concerns. Most of us are happy to wait for the patch to come out and no-one is interested in turning this into a battle of console vs. PC.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you don't want a PC v console thing then stop whinging about the PC version and patiently wait for the patch like you supposedly said you are happy to do.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
If you don't want a PC v console thing then stop whinging about the PC version and patiently wait for the patch like you supposedly said you are happy to do.

He wasn't getting into a which platform is best argument, which would be childish, he's pointing out that PC users have a version of the title which appears to be a lot more like a finished product, whilst due to a variety of problems, console users have received a game which very much feels like a v0.96 release. By the sounds of things even the PC guys are saying that there's still a handful of things which are difficult and cumbersome, but overall the game is so much better.

Myself, I'm not happy that the console version of the game has come out as it has, am not able to enjoy the game with some missing shots most of the time, oddball fielders, weird things like the field changing itself, the slow, boring way of changing a field to start with, custom-lineups not visibly changing as you select them and a whole host of other irritants. I'm not happy with the wait, I don't think I should be, even if it was solved last week. Some of the things wrong with the game should never have been.

Still, despite not being happy about it, it doesn't mean I'm angry, annoyed or even not calm about it. I understand that Big Ant are trying their best, that things will get better and I'll like the game a lot at some point.

I do think that console users such as myself do en masse need to have a good hard look at themselves and their buying on day one. This is the lesson I guess. Unless something happens at some point where console users have some little bonus (hell, even a dry-lush out-field grass colour slider, or being able to bowl a slightly more weighted tennis ball for fun) for the time they have spent waiting (DBC '14 counts, that was a nightmare), then frankly they have every right to feel it's not really a wonderous state-of-affairs as it stands.

atimlin

Club Cricketer

I never whinged about the PC version. Just because you couldn't see enough definition in the bulge of Batman's lycra in Arkham Knight on PC doesn't mean that every person with a console who comments on these forums has some hidden PC agenda. Just relax, mate.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Happy to be guinea pig for such a wonderful game, hopefully we'll forget these issues after patch 3

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not to rub salt on wounds, but I absolutely love the fact that PC gets the patches first and faster than on Consoles. I like to think of it as compensation for having to wait longer after release + not being sure if the next iteration will be released on PC at all.

You Console guys are at least assured of a copy should there be a consequent iteration of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread