So the console users were indeed guinea pigs...

SMIFFYLFC79

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I personally do not feel like a guinea pig at all, and I am a ps4 user.

I have played the game from day 1 and I have started 3 careers and I am ready to begin number 4, when patch 3 drops and the marvellous creators have finished with the teams and kits etc.

Having played the golf club from day 1 and seeing issue after issue being sorted due to bugs, that at one point made the game totally unplayable on ps4, I know that patches are easier to implement on steam rather than console, to read the post's by pc users about how the game is now playing for them has made me excited all over again, it will be like getting a new game all over.

But I also understand everyone has there own opinion, but mine is that I do not feel like a guinea pig. :)

FollowOn

Club Captain
Not to rub salt on wounds, but I absolutely love the fact that PC gets the patches first and faster than on Consoles. I like to think of it as compensation for having to wait longer after release + not being sure if the next iteration will be released on PC at all.

You Console guys are at least assured of a copy should there be a consequent iteration of the game.
This , was going to post same thing.

scampy

Club Captain
I enjoyed my four weeks playing the PS4 version, but I am enjoying the experience much more now that I am playing the PC version.

I certainly do not miss the load times on the PS4 which were frustrating, even if understandable given the amount of downloaded content which was being processed.

The Steam application that allows me to usb wire connect my wireless PS4 controller into the PC is excellent - as I like the feel of the PS4 controller much more than my Xbox360 controller for PC.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do think that console users such as myself do en masse need to have a good hard look at themselves and their buying on day one. This is the lesson I guess. Unless something happens at some point where console users have some little bonus (hell, even a dry-lush out-field grass colour slider, or being able to bowl a slightly more weighted tennis ball for fun) for the time they have spent waiting (DBC '14 counts, that was a nightmare), then frankly they have every right to feel it's not really a wonderous state-of-affairs as it stands.

Firstly, everybody who pre-ordered and bought on day one and is currently upset that the game didn't meet their expectations has nobody to blame but themselves and that's your own fault for not waiting it out and seeing what the consensus is. The rest of the selected post is just nonsense, you want special bonuses in a game simply because you got a patch later? Unbelievable.

I never whinged about the PC version. Just because you couldn't see enough definition in the bulge of Batman's lycra in Arkham Knight on PC doesn't mean that every person with a console who comments on these forums has some hidden PC agenda. Just relax, mate.

I'm not sure how you got Batman's bulge from that but that's obviously your own subconscious creeping out there. FWIW Arkham Knight was so bad that it got refunded and it was even stopped for sale on sale.

If you're patiently waiting for the patch then what are you upset about the console version then? Patiently wait it out like you said you would, easy :)

Not to rub salt on wounds, but I absolutely love the fact that PC gets the patches first and faster than on Consoles. I like to think of it as compensation for having to wait longer after release + not being sure if the next iteration will be released on PC at all.

You Console guys are at least assured of a copy should there be a consequent iteration of the game.

Yep. Ross' pot-shots at the PC community makes me believe this is the last Cricket and probably Rugby League game for the PC.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross' pot-shots at the PC community makes me believe this is the last Cricket and probably Rugby League game for the PC.

I got that feeling too. I can only hope that I'm horribly wrong.

scampy

Club Captain
I got that feeling too. I can only hope that I'm horribly wrong.

At least with DBC17 they have left the community with something that can provide years of entertainment on PC. With modders such as Franco working on this game I can only see it getting better and better.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Firstly, everybody who pre-ordered and bought on day one and is currently upset that the game didn't meet their expectations has nobody to blame but themselves and that's your own fault for not waiting it out and seeing what the consensus is.

No intent to insult, you may have some genuine comprehension difficulties, but this is exactly what I said, that in my opinion people (including myself) should learn from this experience and not buy the product on day one and yes, wait it out to see what the consensus is. Excitement for a new title can overwhelm common sense and whilst this is probably good for sales, it's probably for the best not to be an early-adopter in this case, as I said.

The rest of the selected post is just nonsense, you want special bonuses in a game simply because you got a patch later? Unbelievable.
I suppose it's quite likely that you find the rest of my post nonsense as there were some issues with comprehending the above and that's fair enough. What you have asked in your question above is not what I was suggesting as my reason at all. The distinction I'm making is that I suggested that console buyers have bought the title early and been the first to invest money (and far and away the most money) in the game, whilst also being the last to receive fixes for a disjointed, some would say partially broken experience. In my own opinion I believe that PC consumers do get exclusive and early access to improvements and suggested what I did as a way of striking some sort've balance for that.

You of course can angrily and emotively dispute that and that's fine, you don't have to agree with me and nor do I with you, but really it's just one opinion and another, by calling my view nonsense, it doesn't make it so. :)

cmanbarto

Club Cricketer
Console had a patch within days of release, indeed two of them. We put them out as fast as is possible given the restraints of the platform. The "guinea pigs" are the Beta group that test for us on PC.

Games with complex User Generated Content (such as DBC) and online elements are rarely shipped in a condition that does not require further work/patches. Even the largest studios cannot find the amount of time for testing that is equivalent to the literally millions of hours that the game will face in its first week of release.

I believe that the game is more than playable straight out of the box but I acknowledge that there are some issues that should not have been overlooked/not found by our QA department, things at BA in that department have changed because of this release - it won't happen again.
Thanks for the comment Ross,the only issue I find annoying is the array of batting shots and degrees on offer with the PC release vice console release. Can you confirm if the batting shots issue will be rectified in the next patch? I've found every other aspects of the game really enjoyabale and I love the visuals with all the new kits and logos. Keep up the good work

Amarkfu

Club Captain
I believe the pc and console version are eventually gonna b the same when patch 3 comes out but the only question is when is it gonna come out ‍♂️

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

On the contrary I would be more than happy for PC version to get updated and get regular feedback so the overall game is improved. At the end of the day better PC version means a better overall game for all of us across all platforms.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I believe the pc and console version are eventually gonna b the same when patch 3 comes out but the only question is when is it gonna come out ‍♂️

Would normally be the case but PC gamers have @francobaldo1 so almost certain will end up better in long run!

Amarkfu

Club Captain
Yeah but ill be sati
Would normally be the case but PC gamers have @francobaldo1 so almost certain will end up better in long run!
yeah but ill be satisfied if they fix the obvious issues with the game which i think they will cause right now i havent played he game in a couple weeks i wouldnt say its not playable but its very close

ndschan

Club Captain
Console had a patch within days of release, indeed two of them. We put them out as fast as is possible given the restraints of the platform. The "guinea pigs" are the Beta group that test for us on PC.

Games with complex User Generated Content (such as DBC) and online elements are rarely shipped in a condition that does not require further work/patches. Even the largest studios cannot find the amount of time for testing that is equivalent to the literally millions of hours that the game will face in its first week of release.

I believe that the game is more than playable straight out of the box but I acknowledge that there are some issues that should not have been overlooked/not found by our QA department, things at BA in that department have changed because of this release - it won't happen again.
Really, that's you excuse. The shortcomings and bugs are a lot for it to be called a finished game. Just acknowledge you guys scrued up and move on. Hoping for a patch soon.

Users who are viewing this thread