So the console users were indeed guinea pigs...

"At the current trajectory the PC game will make a loss - it's only "value" is as a way of testing patches faster than we can on Console"

The misinterpretation of this statement has been incredible. Pre-release reasons and motivation for release can be mutually exclusive to the post-release assessment of "value".

It has become a thing in modern society however, that one not only considers what they are saying themselves, but also how it will be received by others...

Perhaps if there has been such great levels of misinterpretation, this suggests perhaps a little more thought could have gone into the original statement...

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a story... what's not up for debate is your lack of knowledge on game development.

We develop the game on PC, as does EVERY studio for EVERY console game, it is then ported to the consoles, not the other way around :facepalm

As to whether it's released on PC or makes a profit on PC, that's another matter, and along with piracy protection, the point in question of the other thread you quote.

I too am disappointed, in your continuous trolling, welcome to my ignore list.

Shall we clear up some other things...

1) Its not our business to know about game development
2) It is your business to know about game development
3) It is also your business to know about customer relations and marketing

Basing an argument in points 2 and 3, and giving consideration to the quality of the game your team released, perhaps a debate about your game development credentials is in order?

Shall we clear up some other things...

1) Its not our business to know about game development
2) It is your business to know about game development
3) It is also your business to know about customer relations and marketing

Basing an argument in points 2 and 3, and giving consideration to the quality of the game your team released, perhaps a debate about your game development credentials is in order?

There are no arguments in points 2 and 3. They are loaded statements. Now if you were to expand upon them with actual arguments... well... it might give a context to your question, don't you think?

Or have I just, misinterpreted your post? Perhaps a little more thought could have gone into your original statement.

Having no idea about the subject at hand is not a free pass to make statements that are based on fiction. It is a free pass to my ignore list.

For the vast majority here the incessant trolling is more than boring and helps no one.

Indeed. EA have finished quite a few games that they have decided not to release on this or that platform as it didn't make financial sense to do so - in their case the marketing budgets exceed the development budgets by quite a margin. (As above, ALL EA games are developed on PC, very few are released on that platform.)

To my understanding, the only reason that EA release a "next gen" version of the FIFA series on PC is to push Origin. Konami release a pretty cut down version of PES for PC for pretty obvious reasons, though people get well angry at that each year.

Seems so, and probably, was being rushed out the door to go see trainspotting 2 :D which was excellent btw!!!

How was the drug taking movie? Was it as poor a sequel as your previous post?

Why does it matter why a game is released on a given platform? No business is altruistic, they get something as return on investment whether that's purely profit, market share for a long game or even just yes, a platform for 'testing' in one market what they release in another.

My local baker is just trying to pay his mortgage/put his kids through college - doesn't mean he's somehow "beaten" me every time I buy a donut.

Oh no I made it to Ross' big bad ignore list. Zero cares given, welcome to my no purchase list. I do ask though, since I obviously know nothing, why do Konami continually release a last gen version of PES on PC if every game ever is made for PC then ported to console? Just because games are developed for PC doesn't mean they're well optimised fro PC (original point) how could Arkham Knight be such a mess at launch to the point that refunds were given and the game was hooked but nothing like that was happening on the console version? I never disputed where they were developed I disputed how they were optimised (big difference, no surprised this bloke missed the point)

I'm sure I'll be on the ban list next since saying anything other than kissing Ross and Big Ant's backside is against the rules.

Oh no I made it to Ross' big bad ignore list. Zero cares given, welcome to my no purchase list. I do ask though, since I obviously know nothing, why do Konami continually release a last gen version of PES on PC if every game ever is made for PC then ported to console? Just because games are developed for PC doesn't mean they're well optimised fro PC (original point) how could Arkham Knight be such a mess at launch to the point that refunds were given and the game was hooked but nothing like that was happening on the console version? I never disputed where they were developed I disputed how they were optimised (big difference, no surprised this bloke missed the point)

I'm sure I'll be on the ban list next since saying anything other than kissing Ross and Big Ant's backside is against the rules.
Even I have made the list, I feel no shame however, I was able to conduct my self in a polite and decent manner but still made the list.

Users who are viewing this thread