Cricket 19 General Discussion

AmanT94

School Cricketer
Anybody else getting the AI batsmen to run down the track to them?

Only noticed in last 2 nights playing it but it’s great! Adds a whole new dimension when bowling now

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Only noticed in last 2 nights playing it but it’s great! Adds a whole new dimension when bowling now
Literally never happened for me.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Does the mini-game coming up for a catch definitely mean the batsman hit it?

Had a caught behind like that given out, the replay to be honest looked like he didn't hit it, and there was nothing on the thermal vision...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Had a caught behind like that given out, the replay to be honest looked like he didn't hit it, and there was nothing on the thermal vision...
Normally yes. You might have seen a kink or bug.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anybody had many catches at gully? Just had one,I'm sure it's the first I've had.

Yep, very thick edges often go there. I don't think I get many a full blown cut to gully which would be nice

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

Nope. I've had multiple instances where the mini-game came up where the batsmen had not hit the ball, especially with spinners. I was given two dismissals, one caught behind and a bat-pad, and on both occasions, the mini-game was triggered, but the replay and thermal vision proved that there was no edge. Also, sometimes, if it is bumped catch to the keeper, the mini-game can get triggered. Happened with me twice I think.

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

Who was the player and what was the match situation? I've had the experience twice, once in an ODI and another in a test.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Anyone who plays T20s. When the AI hits it perfectly short of your boundary fielders runnning in so there's no catch; anyone know if that's a lofted shot or one of the chip shots? Or is it a shot only the AI can play?

Reactions: DAP
D

Deleted member 193590

Anyone who plays T20s. When the AI hits it perfectly short of your boundary fielders runnning in so there's no catch; anyone know if that's a lofted shot or one of the chip shots? Or is it a shot only the AI can play?

I've always thought it's the AI mistiming their shots,this is when they should be caught but it always drops short really annoying :D

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I believe it's scripted. And the reason for this belief* is that if the AI hits it straight into the ground it will go straight to your fielder like a rocket with no further bounce; but if the AI hits it straight off the bat it always drops just short, with the fielder making no effort to dive forward. This animation exists, because there's one in my 38 all-out collapse yesterday. Had it been the other way around, the AI hitting and my fielder running in, they wouldn't have dived but rather allow it to drop short.

*Nothing will convince me this isn't scripted, because it's so obviously not correct physics and it's always the same outcome, regardless of pitch, bounce, bowler speed, player strength... this would be impossible it if wasn't scripted.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do play T20 daily , seems scripted through the death overs :D , im annoying on this .. need a proper sliders to fix i hope . or else BA should look into and tune-up sliders for default users ... lets wait for this in next PATCH!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I do play T20 daily , seems scripted through the death overs :D , im annoying on this .. need a proper sliders to fix i hope . or else BA should look into and tune-up sliders for default users ... lets wait for this in next PATCH!

Genuine question - how will sliders help if it's scripted? right now you could set bounce and shot force to 100, but the ball still won't carry. So what a different slider do? The issue is the scripting.

Users who are viewing this thread