2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - India (UAE/Oman)

Semi-Final:

Pakistan wins:

Eng v NZ - Abu Dhabi
Aus v Pak - Dubai

Scotland wins:

Eng v Pak - Abu Dhabi
Aus v NZ - Dubai

Last edited:
Semi-Final:

Pakistan wins:

Eng v NZ
Aus v Pak

Scotland wins:

Eng v Pak
Aus v NZ
giphy+%284%29.GIF

South Africa won 4 out 5 matches in their Pool, Fought too hard still missed the Semis while India defeating 3 Rookie teams and making a chance to Semis on the basis of a Rookie Team to Defeat a Top team like Newzeland? Bad bad Pool draw by ICC, I must say

South Africa won 4 out 5 matches in their Pool, Fought too hard still missed the Semis while India defeating 3 Rookie teams and making a chance to Semis on the basis of a Rookie Team to Defeat a Top team like Newzeland? Bad bad Pool draw by ICC, I must say
If Bangladesh hadn’t lost to Scotland they would’ve been in the other pool.

There is a thing call nrr which comes into play in such scenario.

In 2010 WT20 Pakistan qualified despite winning only 1 game in the super 8s were SA and New Zealand also won 1 game each but Pakistan advanced due to superior NRR.

Similarly in 2012 WT20 Pakistan and India won 2-2 games each but once again Pakistan qualified due to better NRR.

So in such scenario nrr does play a huge role irrespective of the performance.

Users who are viewing this thread