Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

sashu_91

County Cricketer
View attachment 260339

How am i still able to stand 2 meters outside off stump and smash everything on the legside without the AI being able to just put one on the stumps and clean me up? Also still the AI sets up a 7-2 off side field and proceeds to bowl everything on legstump how is that still there and the AI is not responsive at all either they'll keep the field well after you've got a 100 of 40 balls.

Regret paying $99 for Big Ant to serve up the same issues game after game and still get away with charging full price, surely someone is going kick up a stink for false advertising for a product that's not up to said standard.

Does anyone know if this is in the pipeline to get fixed or better off getting a refund?
I wish we could make a big group of people that goes for a refund, that can fire up ross a@@ and he can then fire up the interns to get the game we want, I know that is just a thought and not gonna happen, but if happened would surely be a part of it.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
View attachment 260339

How am i still able to stand 2 meters outside off stump and smash everything on the legside without the AI being able to just put one on the stumps and clean me up? Also still the AI sets up a 7-2 off side field and proceeds to bowl everything on legstump how is that still there and the AI is not responsive at all either they'll keep the field well after you've got a 100 of 40 balls.

Regret paying $99 for Big Ant to serve up the same issues game after game and still get away with charging full price, surely someone is going kick up a stink for false advertising for a product that's not up to said standard.

Does anyone know if this is in the pipeline to get fixed or better off getting a refund?
AI bowling and field setting is probably a long term issue, I would say- in addition to the above, I have played a couple of matches where I found that the AI didn't have any fielder to prevent me from scoring through fine sweep/ fine reverse sweep against spinners. I kept playing the same shot, kept scoring a huge amount of runs, but the AI simply didn't stop me.

I feel there are 2 logics that if implemented would make the batting gameplay terrific:

1. Common cricketing logic/ sense- for a certain type of batter and bowler, in a certain match situation- what kind of field is set in real life, try to replicate it a little bit

2. React to what areas the user is targeting against any given bowler.

3. Fix the irritating leg side bowling issue- this often happens especially when my batter's handedness is opposite to the bowler's

Maybe this is something extremely difficult to implement in a game I don't know

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I'd love for them to fix the name and number issues on shirts, certain numbers merge into each other and if you add a space in a player name it's shocking.

"Van Der Dussen" becomes
Code:
Van     Der     Dussen
which looks ridiculous. Small fix? @MattW

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd love for them to fix the name and number issues on shirts, certain numbers merge into each other and if you add a space in a player name it's shocking.

"Van Der Dussen" becomes
Code:
Van     Der     Dussen
which looks ridiculous. Small fix? @MattW
Small Fix!! They cannot even correct the colour of the West Indies Test cap.How simple would a fix like that be?

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I guess I am one of the older players here and have been a member of the forum for over 15 years. I have also been playing cricket games for over 60 years. I have a few points to make:
Might we all develop a little patience.
Cricket is a phenomenally complex game to simulate.
Big Ant are doing a superb job and this game is very close to being very good indeed.
Yes, it was released before it was perfect.
We have the opportunity to mold it how we want it.
We will never all be completely satisfied with the end product.
Can we all chill a bit and show a bit more respect for the hard work BA have, and continue to put in to this excellent cricket game?

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Last 2 wickets I’ve taken have been followed by crashes to the Xbox Home screen and the auto save hadn’t had chance to kick in so on restart the batsman have still been there. I feel like the real England team with wickets off no balls!

avinashp

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
anyone know how to check build number on xbox please?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Might we all develop a little patience.
Cricket is a phenomenally complex game to simulate.
Big Ant are doing a superb job and this game is very close to being very good indeed.
Yes, it was released before it was perfect.
We have the opportunity to mold it how we want it.
We will never all be completely satisfied with the end product.
Can we all chill a bit and show a bit more respect for the hard work BA have, and continue to put in to this excellent cricket game?
Bill,

The game has gone backwards in areas since Ashes and 19.

It isn’t cheap. Games these days due to patching ship unfinished and in a poor state.

When words like “over haul” to fielding are used and the game ships with fielders who can’t catch, run or stop the ball inside the boundary.. people are entitled to moan.

The fielding over haul was essentially a throwing mechanic to increase the number of run outs when people want less run outs.

I’m fully supportive of BA and will help wherever and whenever I can.

But the negativity is justified. They know that.

The game was in a bit of a state.

Also.. without the negativity sometimes developers will sit bit and think job done. You need people calling out the rubbish!

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
The reality is that small developers use paying consumers to playtest games. C22 is no different. A great game is emerging but it is frustrating that bugs from earlier games still haven't been corrected. The lack of retro kits options and a good functioning stadium editor across platforms is also annoying. Let's keep fingers crossed...

Users who are viewing this thread