Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
As someone who plays the career mode only I can safely say that except from the press conference point, every other point is inaccurate. If you play as a spinner the chances are true like you mentioned unless the spin bowling revolutions are upped to 80. If you are playing as a fast bowler slip catching, going under 6 an over in T20, etc is a possibility.

You just need to find right slider combos and whole game strategy. AI scores between 130 to 190 in career mode against my team with my figures ranging between 20 - 54 in 4 overs quota.

Safely say?? Good grief, a genuine know it all everyone ;)!!

And of course you play & test Cricket 22 on ALL available platforms to actually dictate to others that they're "inaccurate" yes? (Just because you're not seeing certain issues on your PC doesn't mean they're not present for those using a console, a fact you routinely ignore or find very easy to forget.)

I'm not typing this info in for yours, mine, or anyone elses health! I'm sharing what I'M SEEING after experiencing issues multiple times over & over, & it is definitely accurate.

As far as sliders go, I have used them to good effect in previous iterations but the simple fact remains that there should be a better & more balanced "out of the box" experience which C22 currently lacks. I shouldn't need to use sliders to remedy an issue EVERYONE is experiencing. The sliders are ultimately designed for users to customise their experience, not fix broken physics or bugs.

Lastly, I don't just play career only like you, although, I do spend 80% of my C22 time on a career. I also play online challenges etc. where sliders DO NOT WORK!! As such, it messes with other areas if one gets used to slider adjusted play to then attempt an online challenge.

If I had the time I'd simply love to record videos of all of these allegedly "inaccurate" issues to politely show you just how unsafe your assumptions are & then listen to you trying to explain that away, but you're clearly not worth it.

Hester

County Cricketer
One thing that has annoyed me over the last couple of iterations, and it’s only relatively minor, is the (almost complete) removal of retro kit and equipment and the older style buildings in stadium creator.
I get that it has happened since the Bradman deal ended. But there’s a strong retro team community, and it just irks me slightly when great features I’ve enjoyed disappear as the game “progresses”.
I get why it happens. But still a little annoying.
They removed so much from stadium creator. It's bare bones now.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Safely say?? Good grief, a genuine know it all everyone ;)!!

And of course you play & test Cricket 22 on ALL available platforms to actually dictate to others that they're "inaccurate" yes? (Just because you're not seeing certain issues on your PC doesn't mean they're not present for those using a console, a fact you routinely ignore or find very easy to forget.)

I'm not typing this info in for yours, mine, or anyone elses health! I'm sharing what I'M SEEING after experiencing issues multiple times over & over, & it is definitely accurate.

As far as sliders go, I have used them to good effect in previous iterations but the simple fact remains that there should be a better & more balanced "out of the box" experience which C22 currently lacks. I shouldn't need to use sliders to remedy an issue EVERYONE is experiencing. The sliders are ultimately designed for users to customise their experience, not fix broken physics or bugs.

Lastly, I don't just play career only like you, although, I do spend 80% of my C22 time on a career. I also play online challenges etc. where sliders DO NOT WORK!! As such, it messes with other areas if one gets used to slider adjusted play to then attempt an online challenge.

If I had the time I'd simply love to record videos of all of these allegedly "inaccurate" issues to politely show you just how unsafe your assumptions are & then listen to you trying to explain that away, but you're clearly not worth it.
If you think your post is funny, keep writing whatever bs you want.

Inaccurate doesn't mean that whatever you have mentioned is not correct.
I never went on to mock you or insult you. I just stated that with sliders most things will be sorted.

Keep cribbing whatever beep you want. Cheers.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Controller stuck at welcome screen on steam .. does anyone using steam getting this error?
(Im using Ds4 - Ps4 controller)

Last edited:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Was jus going through the pre release interviews and press release by BA about Cricket 22.
The enhancements, features and what not... the game seemed to be awesome, felt like purchasing it immediately. Only later I remembered that I already purchased the game and waiting for patches to fix majority of the shortcomings in the game specially in Career Mode.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Controller stuck at welcome screen on steam .. does anyone using steam getting this error?
(Im using Ds4 - Ps4 controller)
When loading the game, the mouse icon defaults to the middle of the screen. Just move it to the right or wherever.

midhun333

International Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The wicketkeeper stands like a statue when standing up to the stumps after the latest patches. I haven't seen a single keeper catch since the latest updates.it happens sometimes for pace bowling too. Very disappointed on what they call "progress"

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

I never went on to mock you or insult you. I just stated that with sliders most things will be sorted.

sliders don't work online though so the base game must be fixed in order to serve those that play online...

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

With all due respect....

..."As someone who plays the career mode only I can safely say that except from the press conference point, every other point is inaccurate".

(
Your exact words, funnily enough. There's really not a lot of room for doubt or interpretation there to later imply that you didn't actually mean something was incorrect having worded that statement in such a manner. Its implication alone is plain enough, "safe" even ;)!!)

I listed no less than 7 very separate issues for discussion which you immediately & safely declared ALL as being inaccurate except for the now broken press conferences while offering absolutely no explanation to the contrary. ( I'm still seeing these 7 issues regardless of whether you're experiencing them or not, you just don't believe I'm seeing them, or your actual willingness to accept that they're happening. (That's entirely your prerogative, but it doesn't alter the fact that they're still ongoing nevertheless.))

Despite this & the fact that it's all right there in black & white, I'm somehow now the one sprouting BS here lol??? (Nice psych job there BTW!!). Thanks, I'm flattered, (I think ;).)

OK, disagreements happen, human nature, fair enough. However, in my experience attempting a debate with anyone openly willing to display that level of arrogance in declaring that someone else is automatically "inaccurate" simply because they deem it so while accusing them of "sprouting BS" if or when they respond is invariably a lesson of utter futility in waiting. As such, & out of respect for the other forum members here, indeed, this exchange has inevitably run its course as there's clearly nothing to be gained from it such as working towards any remedies.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread