Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just some initial thoughts, only after 35 minutes of playing the new patch:

One thing I noticed straight away is that in career mode, bowling speeds are more realistic. Example: my batting allrounder, a fast-medium pacer would bowl from 148-156km/h consistently, this patch its more 135-142 (sometimes 144). Fielding seems solid, nothing sus going on (only played 35 minutes so not a large sample) but things looking solid.

AI played my bowling pretty well too, didn't see any mandatory must hit big shot per over, not as many random edges/ general tom-foolery ball 4-6. Had a blast to be honest, felt like the 24/2 patch - for me anyway. Haven't seen much diving in general, like point diving for the ball but like I said it's only a 35 minute session. (This was in career mode, can't speak for other modes. This was also using my own custom sliders in a four day FC match, can't speak for default sliders).

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

One thing I noticed straight away is that in career mode, bowling speeds are more realistic. Example: my batting allrounder, a fast-medium pacer would bowl from 148-156km/h consistently, this patch its more 135-142 (sometimes 144). Fielding seems solid, nothing sus going on (only played 35 minutes so not a large sample) but things looking solid.

AI played my bowling pretty well too, didn't see any mandatory must hit big shot per over, not as many random edges/ general tom-foolery ball 4-6. Had a blast to be honest, felt like the 24/2 patch - for me anyway. Haven't seen much diving in general, like point diving for the ball but like I said it's only a 35 minute session. (This was in career mode, can't speak for other modes).
Try playing a T20. :D

Wealey

ICC Board Member

AI played my bowling pretty well too, didn't see any mandatory must hit big shot per over, not as many random edges/ general tom-foolery ball 4-6. Had a blast to be honest, felt like the 24/2 patch - for me anyway. Haven't seen much diving in general, like point diving for the ball but like I said it's only a 35 minute session. (This was in career mode, can't speak for other modes. This was also using my own custom sliders in a four day FC match, can't speak for default sliders).

Agree.. you should notice as they progress through the confidence colours an increase in intent and some aggressive ground strokes.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
People wanted a new spinner animation.

They get one..

“it’s shit”

It’s got to the point that no matter what’s added the bad will always be picked up on.
It's good but there's a sound delay in the animation.

dazzer269

School Cricketer
Wonderful new "view" of the runs taking place, we have gone from organic 3D view of them arcing their runs after hitting the ball and getting moving to the other end, to a 1996 2D side view where you don't see any proper movement of their runs. Ok, we can watch all back on replays............but to remove the 3D view and replace with the 2D side view "to increase frame rate", which I get, it will do, and not give us a chance to switch it back to as it was before in the settings, is a let down for me.

Looks so simplistic now.

Please cater for those with top spec machines by allowing the older view to be set still.

Users who are viewing this thread